This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faatal View Post
    I've gotten stuck on the hospital ER entrance many times. Not looked at it. Probably the ground slope there. Jumping gets me over the edge.
    Originally posted by faatal View Post
    No major changes planned for A19. If I find bugs, they may get fixed, but I have a long list of bugs, so it just depends on which ones are more important and how hard they are to fix. Important bugs and easy to fix bugs are normally attended to first.
    Thanks faatal.

Yeah I was thinking it was the ground to. were the ground meets the floor. I never had an issue with it before.

Comment

@faatal

Thanks for the new stuffs in every alpha release, especially related to performance, I loved the new occlusion algorithm, although it is still not perfect, it was one of the best optimizations so far imo.

Are there plans to fix the water mechanics for upcoming releases?
      Are there plans to allow modders to add their own paintable shapes? I know these are generated dynamically, but it would be interesting and much more productive if we didn't have to resort to external models to supply missing shapes, and we could use the textures from the game's atlas as well, preventing excessive memory usage.
      Last edited by franksouza183; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

One thing that I have noticed is that it seems a lot easier to fight though a building (dungeon crawl) with your fist than with a hand weapon.

I will go in with a spear and find myself constantly backing up. But with straps on my fist, I am constantly moving forward and busting heads.
        I feel like I can be a lot more aggressive than with a spear.

Comment

Originally posted by beerfly View Post
          Um, that`s not the Minecraft`s forums.
          Yeah I know.. I stopped playing about 2 months ago. And I saw there's an experimental version with languages? But after a month the experimental version still hasn't been send to stable?

It's a known tactic, I know

Comment

Actually it's simply... as long as it takes.
            Localisation in 13(?) languages is in no way a trivial task.

Comment

Originally posted by DaVegaNL View Post
              Yeah I know.. I stopped playing about 2 months ago. And I saw there's an experimental version with languages? But after a month the experimental version still hasn't been send to stable?

It's a known tactic, I know
              I didn't thought about that actually, true, a month is not typical for experimental. I personally blame the guy who invented the languages. Not the computer ones.

At least demolishers love my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz View Post
                Actually it's simply... as long as it takes.
                Localisation in 13(?) languages is in no way a trivial task.
                I'm just waiting to hear Jen's new voice.

But there is one thing that I have been wondering. Why is it that Jen is located in the middle of the hardest biome in the game?
                Last edited by sillls; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sillls View Post
                  One thing that I have noticed is that it seems a lot easier to fight though a building (dungeon crawl) with your fist than with a hand weapon.

I will go in with a spear and find myself constantly backing up. But with straps on my fist, I am constantly moving forward and busting heads.
                  I feel like I can be a lot more aggressive than with a spear.

shhhh! Don't tell everyone fortitude is the most fun build in the game! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny rebo View Post
                    shhhh! Don't tell everyone fortitude is the most fun build in the game! haha
                    lol. Ok, I just have to remember to bring a piece of leather with me when I do that. To repair them. Otherwise there useless.

Comment

In the Player UI under Stats. we see most settings and they help a lot when outfitting gear and seeing what works.
                      Can we add:
                      -- Noise level? since some armor has a noise value it would be nice to know that stats
                      -- Jump strength - not sure how to use this and how it related to fall distance/damage in blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post
                        Here’s some more clues:

It is a feature having to do with the UI

It is configurable via xmls.

The Great Escape is the right direction.
                        Originally posted by Bird Nerd View Post
                        In the movie The Great Escape there is a character named Hendley Garner who was nicknamed "the scrounger". His job was to collect items that people needed. Not sure if this is going to be another perk, hopefully it's more than that.
                        Ok I think I figured it out...(if not, it should still be made)

It might be that we will have to use some kind of detection device (metal detector or whatever) to figure out where ore veins are underground.
                        No more giant above-ground-rock-type-ore-blocks" that sream "HERE I AM" (which I never liked anyways), but a skill that you have to learn (perk) and build (device).
                        Then you have to equip your detector and walk around, and when you are near/above an ore vein it is displayed on your "radar/UI/compass-thingy", similar to the already implemented "animal tracker" perk (and even more logic/realistic in case for the metal detector)

Well, at least it would fit to the clues
                        -part of UI
                        -configurable via .xml (range/depth of detection)
                        -codeword Hendley Garner/Great Escape (guy who collects/finds/aquires things that are needed)

Again, even if I'm guessing wrong...make it so! (just imagine the Captain Picard meme here, too lazy to upload it )

Comment

What about character models? preferebaly believe this is a huge thing needed to be fixed...they
                          look like they are models froma PS1 game imo

Comment

One thing that I would love to see is bicycles found in the world please. Maybe find one in a garage or even out in the street. Could just be made to randomly spawn were the player would find them.

Comment

Originally posted by meilodasreh View Post
                              -codeword Hendley Garner/Great Escape (guy who collects/finds/aquires things that are needed)
                              You are spot on with the gist of the clue but your guess was incorrect.

I do like your idea though. Some sort of ore detection tech would be fun to acquire/craft and then use.

Comment

I would like to see more farming like more seeds etc tomatoes carrots etc maybe fishing aswell

Comment

Working...
                                X