This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snekser View Post
    Will we get a multi tool like axe pickaxe and shovel in one tool? I figured it would be a quality of life change, even if it would be equal to iron tools maybe a little worse since the vanilla backpack just gets more cramped the more items we get in to the game, reffering to gun/armor parts and upcoming candys and so on.
    idk about the Shovel part but a "Axe-pick" Would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post
      Just a note on this: Days alive is always equal to level as a max value. So if you are leveling slowly and are only level 6 after being alive for 20 days then your days alive = 6. So it isn't as punishing as you might think. The design pretty much guts difficulty as a function of time. It is mostly a function of player activity now. So...

Leveling Slowly: Keeps your gamestage low by reducing the days alive score and gives you time to find lots of good gear before things start getting tough. But the downside is that you will be low on perks.

Leveling Moderately: Keeps your gamestage increasing slowly enough to gain both gear and perk abilities before the bad guys show up.

Leveling Fast: Bad idea.

Killing Yourself: Cuts the days alive down to a bit below your current level so acts as a delay but also puts some red on your ledger that you'll have to Scarlet Johanson away. And that delays getting your next skillpoint.

I wouldn't say the game punishes you for leveling slowly. The worst is using a single-minded tactic to power level that doesn't include scavenging so that you end up with a lot of perks but none of the gear they modify to help against the now epic gamestage you are sporting. Unfortunately the game trained people to do just that in Alpha 15 and Alpha 16....

i think there should be more benefits to surviving

Think about it like this.

you can get natural perks over time like increased HP and stamina by 10 or 15 , ups your Resistance to the Cold or heat , lowers chance of disease etc.

this would make surviving more important and would punish you if you die.

Comment

Originally posted by faatal View Post
        With all the linear color space changes in a19, it will change. Granted it could be worse, but probably end up better.
        can you english?? JK

take all your time on A19
        Even through the voices in my head will be screaming and crying about new weapons , items , food , Shoes and everything, ADD it all No...

wish you the best of Luck with it ill be waiting

Shut up adam you want ALPHA 19 NOW and you want everything in the game
        no i want them to take their time and i don't want bugs!

Come on! you know you want that dart rifle, or junk rifle and everything you want!
        well they have other pridiotys that they have to do...

so what?

they need to take their time and its their game, they add what they want , when they want.
        ....... what?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
          there is going to be one, the tactical Assault Rifle is going to be the Tier 2 AR class weapon

Its a M4A1 I think

But for Ammo if i could i would change the ammo for Marksman weapons into 308 rounds

while the AR weapons could have 7.62 round.

thats so that one ammo doesn't rule nearly half of the firearms.
          Where did you read that?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by faatal View Post
          With all the linear color space changes in a19, it will change. Granted it could be worse, but probably end up better.
          Lol. Yeah the shadow problems seem to be a problem around buildings. Shadows made from trees and such don't create a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by sillls View Post
            Where did you read that?
            if you go in the creative menu on A18.3 and go to dev items the tactical AR is there in weapons and it looks like a big Question mark

there's also a Gas mask but you can't wear it

Joel said that their adding the weapons to fill out tiers and the Tactical AR is tier 2
            just like how there will be a tier 3 shotgun inspired by the Origin 12 shotgun.

Tier 1 AK47 , Tier 2 Tactical AR , tier 3 M60

granted the weapon doesn't have A muzzle flash , makes no noise after a full auto shot , no reload sound ad weapon mods are under the weapon IDK why

but the model , reload animation , and third person animations are there

heres the pic i took of it awhile ago

Udam.MLG.jpg
            Last edited by Adam the Waster; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MechanicalLens View Post
              I did some testing, and unless I'm incorrect in this statement, but player difficulty also influences the rate of which gamestage increases?

I was under the assumption that Days Alive was no longer a factor in determining one's gamestage, and it had to do entirely with player level and player difficulty. (The higher your difficulty, the higher the number that might get added to your gamestage when you leveled up (and this would be scripted, meaning two level 50 players, for example, who were on the same difficulty would have the same gamestage.) Unless I'm incorrect?
              Level and team mates are the primary factors, but days alive and difficulty factor in too.

Comment

MM talked about it in the A18 Dev Diary.

Comment

Originally posted by Haidrgna View Post
                  Any idea how Unity assets are holding up to the changing to Linear Color Space? Are a lot of changes required to make it all work or do a lot of things work after just changing the project settings?
                  Every texture will probably need touched. Most the stuff has been redone and its just re-export the substance materials, but still it is a significant undertaking, but it looks so much better. Stuff lights much more realistic and to me everything looks more grounded in the scene. It looks how it does in substance vs completely different and needing hacks to look right before in gamma.

Comment

if you go in the creative menu on A18.3 and go to dev items the tactical AR is there in weapons and it looks like a big Question mark

there's also a Gas mask but you can't wear it

Joel said that their adding the weapons to fill out tiers and the Tactical AR is tier 2
                    just like how there will be a tier 3 shotgun inspired by the Origin 12 shotgun.

Tier 1 AK47 , Tier 2 Tactical AR , tier 3 M60

granted the weapon doesn't have A muzzle flash , makes no noise after a full auto shot , no reload sound ad weapon mods are under the weapon IDK why

but the model , reload animation , and third person animations are there

heres the pic i took of it awhile ago

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31216[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks Adam. Do you have a bigger screenshot?

Comment

I was thinking the same. I cannot see that pic its just to small.

Comment

no unfortunately but on joels twitter there's a better pic of the model

https://twitter.com/joelhuenink/stat...88975982960640

but the one in the pic has a scope but it has a iron sight

when i get home ill take some pics of it

Comment

Small boats would be great on the Navezgane map.

Could be a row boat or a motor driven one. But the Navezgane map has some really big lakes with islands and fishing docks. It would be great if we could ride out to them.

Add some fishing and widen some of the rivers and it would almost be like a whole new game out there.

But even just adding boats would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

no unfortunately but on joels twitter there's a better pic of the model

https://twitter.com/joelhuenink/stat...88975982960640

but the one in the pic has a scope but it has a iron sight

when i get home ill take some pics of it
                          Hey thanks! I had forgotten about this. I wondered if it was going to be in the game then.

Comment

@TFP

I'm just curious, will the Spider Zombie have the ability to climb verticle surfaces again in a future alpha release?

Comment

Small boats would be great on the Navezgane map.

Could be a row boat or a motor driven one. But the Navezgane map has some really big lakes with islands and fishing docks. It would be great if we could ride out to them.

Add some fishing and widen some of the rivers and it would almost be like a whole new game out there.

But even just adding boats would be great.
                              yeah

Spoiler: 
                              it would be cool if you caught fish you got meat from it instead of just adding a new item.

a Mutated Fish that swims around like a Shark that looks like a Catfish with some Mean teeth and will try to eat zombies and people

Gators could be a Invasive Species in Navezgane due to people wanting pets and there in the wild attacking boats and people

Cattails around the banks , and some swamp Cypress trees could grow in parts of lakes and some rivers

Some new zombies like the Drowned fisherman ,drowned zombies that float and try to drag you under

some loot in the water like sunken boats (like cars but better loot) crashed cars , boxs , some chest and some other cool loots like old Shipment crates

Comment

Originally posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post

I'm just curious, will the Spider Zombie have the ability to climb verticle surfaces again in a future alpha release?

yeah hope so

Spoiler: 
                                that and a higher Jump would be cool, if they leap at you they move like if they were going to leap and attack you like a Wild animal with Claws out and feet ready to land on you.

it able to spit a short distance and its bite would cause a Venom effect that attacks like bleed but adds a Drunk effect so you can't see well, (same for rattlesnakes) and will only go away with time and vitamins

Comment

Working...
                                X