This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gronk View Post
    I'm sorry man but I've got to agree with Gazz on this, it's what I do already.

Always use the correct tool for the job, if that means carrying two tools then so be it. Otherwise my home toolbox would consist of nothing more than WD40 and some gaffa tape.
    If this were so planned, then the nailgun would not upgrade the blocks to steel or concrete, and this could only be done with a hammer.

Now this is just an annoying problem. Just because you agreed to suffer does not mean that it is implemented correctly.

Just answer yourself one question: How can I RANDOM a concrete block upholstered with steel sheets?

I have to do it consciously, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Orsey View Post
      If this were so planned, then the nailgun would not upgrade the blocks to steel or concrete, and this could only be done with a hammer.

Now this is just an annoying problem. Just because you agreed to suffer does not mean that it is implemented correctly.

Just answer yourself one question: How can I RANDOM a concrete block upholstered with steel sheets?

Just put the claw hammer in your toolbar and use it. It's not rocket science.

The nail gun is designed for efficient upgrading at the cost of possible mistakes due to a misguided hand, the claw hammer is a more primitive upgrading tool that lessens the chance of human error at the cost of time.

In short, mistakes happen, and a solution has already been presented to you. Nobody is forcing you to exclusively utilize the nail gun.

Comment

Originally posted by MechanicalLens View Post

The nail gun is designed for efficient upgrading at the cost of possible mistakes due to a misguided hand, the claw hammer is a more primitive upgrading tool that lessens the chance of human error at the cost of time.

In short, mistakes happen, and a solution has already been presented to you. Nobody is forcing you to exclusively utilize the nail gun.
        Your arguments sound funny, sorry =)

Comment

Measure twice, cut once.

You wouldn't be the first person to put a lot of effort into making a mistake. :-)

https://www.elitereaders.com/30-epic...ctural-design/

Comment

Do you suggest that I carry two tools with me, while I can only carry one? After all, both of these tools do the same thing.

Do you suggest that I use a hammer instead of a nail gun to repair concrete blocks, as a result, slow down their repair, just so as not to accidentally update the concrete block to steel? =)
            Yes, exactly. The whole point of the nailgun are efficient upgrades.

You want the opposite. Do not use a nailgun but instead use the existing tool that does exactly what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz View Post
              Yes, exactly. The whole point of the nailgun are efficient upgrades.

You want the opposite. Do not use a nailgun but instead use the existing tool that does exactly what you want.
              i tried to post a Mine blown gif but it didnt work sooo

*MIND BLOWN*

Side note: Watching this argument is like watching 2 camels try to fight each other with M16's. it makes no sense but its Funny
              Last edited by Adam the Waster; 02-01-2020, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Hasn't got the skill for high-speed tools.

Wants them slowed down for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by meganoth View Post
                  If the cement mixer had tool slots like the forge there could be tools like a crusher etc.

Without the tools cement mixing would be less efficent. Not by much, maybe 20%, it shouldn't keep players from making cement at all. Together with other small changes (iron and steel tools a bit more scarce, lower quality tools being a bit worse) it would just delay Concretopia, not prevent it.
                  They will just craft 10 mixers and load them up.

Comment

Originally posted by MechanicalLens View Post

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
                      after fighting some feral wights. and i don't really understand whats so special about in terms of special zombies. mostly ability wise cuz their just strong and they run in the day. Cops can spit and suicide bomb you, Screamers summon zombies , Spiders leaps at you etc.

but im not going to complain about the poor feral without giving a solution or idea.

1: Near invulnerably: basically the only way to kill them is a Head shot but their head is harden. if you blow one up , Burn , Cut off all its arms and legs??? it will still keep coming! so you would have to aim for the head and it will slowly come apart until his brain shows then. destroy it.

2: Power up!: higher jump , ability to leap at you, more HP and basically turn him into a super zombie.

and 3: Intelligent: it smarter then most zombies. trys to find different paths, trys to dough attacks. and gives a boost to zombies, sense they see it as a "leader"

but thats just My Opinion. some people may find them hard to kill some may not.
                      Down the road I want to put in an option so only headshots kill zombies.

Comment

Joel, how about updating concrete blocks in a few strokes, rather than in 1 hit, as of now? For example, 5 strokes for a hammer and 3 strokes for a nail gun?

Now, I and many other players are very annoyed when we accidentally update some blocks to steel, at a time when I was not planning. Now I have to remove the steel from my inventory in order to avoid accidental updates.
                        Because more than one hit is too slow for the top tier. Use a stone axe if its too fast for you.

Down the road I want to make a material you load into your gun like hold R to select ammo. Then you upgrade with that material. Then there is no accidental upgrading your r concrete to steel just because you have steel in your inventory.

Comment

Do you suggest that I carry two tools with me, while I can only carry one? After all, both of these tools do the same thing.

Do you suggest that I use a hammer instead of a nail gun to repair concrete blocks, as a result, slow down their repair, just so as not to accidentally update the concrete block to steel? =)

Do not you think that this is erroneous mechanics, when I can accidentally spend expensive material that I planned to spend elsewhere?

In the end, it sounds like an excuse. No offense.
                          Are you serious? Every tool reduces upgrading blocks by 1 stroke until you reach the nail gun. Doesnt sound broken to me. What you are experiencing is a personal issue. Pay more attention or dont use the nail gun...😂

What your proposing would annoy many others...

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post
                            I'd try for a shelf full of live zombie heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecolours View Post
                              Madmole, are we getting any new trader quests in A19?
                              Maybe, we're focusing on polishing up the existing ones first.

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post
                                sounds Mac crispy man!

Comment

Working...
                                X