This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmole View Post
    We still would like to do city masks and event manager, my prediction is something to the old populated cities similar but easier on the cpu.
    Spoiler: 

Comment

@madmole
      what are the chances of upgrading the network communications?
      not sure if i am gonna say this right but i am gonna try.

Telnet needs to be upgraded to help out the server hosts.
      most games are using UDP for ports.

i am not a network guru and in fact is it my weak point Network security.
      that is why i have team members for that.
      the biggest thing they hate is telnet and tcp.
      as i understand it those are very old and very easy to compromise.

will you be looking to upgrade or use newer network protocols in the future?

**and sorry to everyone if i butchered that lol*

Comment

Ahoy Madmole

in the 7DTD universe or Lore (idk how to describe it)

is their mutated Animals kinda like in Metro or Fallout and normal animals. or is it just normal animals no super Mutant Death claws

For the People who say Camels will haunt you. looking at you Roland
        Last edited by Adam the Waster; 02-05-2020, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecolours View Post
          How's work going on the legendary items going?
          Probably an alpha 20 feature. I have the design done but it should probably get stripped down some.

Comment

Guys if I don't respond its because I don't know the answer. Lets shift to A19 talk, not biomes, modding, networking, balance, etc. I'll post some images there is tons of art piled up we can show.

Comment

The exact opposite is going on now. Before we were worried our success was fleeting so we rushed updates out weekly, jamming ♥♥♥♥ in with no concept art, very little discussions and ended up with a frankenstien of a game with little to no continuity in design or art. Now we're drawing concepts, working from curated design documents and then have tasks for every step all laid out in a roadmap with a strong desire for all art to match the look and feel we wanted all along, and designs are all connected so its fluid for the player.
              Are you though? There was new old west assets in A17. Now there's a steam punk mace (I don't actually care beyond that it amuses me that anyone thinks that's an effective weapon in combat). Most of the rest of the assets are modern. Then we've got these future AI based follow you around robots planned.

You're telling me, there's a design document that says and someone, somewhere thinks these "designs are all connected so its fluid for the player."? Does that sound about right?

Comment

Guys if I don't respond its because I don't know the answer. Lets shift to A19 talk, not biomes, modding, networking, balance, etc. I'll post some images there is tons of art piled up we can show.
                Are the new weapons coming to A19? I saw that, the last time I checked, they weren't listed on the first page.

Comment

i would like that alot please

Comment

Originally posted by MechanicalLens View Post
                    Are the new weapons coming to A19? I saw that, the last time I checked, they weren't listed on the first page.
                    well from what i know theirs

The Tactical Assault Rifle (tier 2 AR i think)

Tier 3 shotgun: from the hint he gave my guess is the Origin 12.

Tier 3 Sniper (dk what it is)

and thats all i remember (will update when brain starts working)

Comment

so just show the images

Comment

Just reveal a new feature and i will sleep with the person of your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by xfejiou5 View Post
                          Hey faatal, what are you working on these days?

Also, do you have any side projects that you work on in your free time, or does working on a game during the day take the fun out of coding at night for you?
                          I don't really do side projects. Spend enough time working on 7dtd.

We are still plugging away on the conversion to linear color space. A lot of good work has been done so far.

7dtd_a19sunset.jpg

Comment

So what exactly will linear color space do for the average player? Will it improve performance, or is it for aesthetic gains?

Comment

Originally posted by HeLLKnight View Post
                              @Faatal We heard you since april 2019 talking about updating to Unity 2019.3, which means we can expect from 2019.1 stable Vulkan, performance improvements, better ambient occlusion, faster physics, final garbage collector and better tools for you, etc.

So now that 2019.3 is final and looks like a19exp is not coming very soon, can we asume new Unity is coming to a19?
                              Unity 2019.3 shipped late and was and probably still is a buggy mess, so we went ahead and updated to 2019.2 on Jan 7. That should be what a19 ships on.

Comment

Originally posted by TSBX View Post
                                So what exactly will linear color space do for the average player? Will it improve performance, or is it for aesthetic gains?
                                Linear color space just changes the way color values are handled. It uses more correct math for blending color values together which makes lighting more realistic, but throws off all the old values, so they have to be adjusted.

We are actually updating a lot of graphics code during the conversion above and beyond what needs to be done for linear. There is a lot of shader/sky/weather code in an ugly prototype state that I'm cleaning up. Many graphics features are being added or improved (fog, sun, horizon, moon, clouds, light spectrums, indoor lighting, water, environment particles). In general the cleanup makes it a bit faster and enhancements a bit slower, so I'd expect it to be about the same FPS when done.

Comment

Working...
                                X