X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmole View Post
    Amen to that!
    And why can't one fit a steak into a burger?

Anyhoo, I eagerly anticipate A19, now that my A18 base is almost finally complete. All I do know is that when y'all deliver, you will deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by gnomaana View Post
      you're both wrong. The best fast food burger is the baconator and the best fast food sandwich is the wendy's spicy chicken.
      my man!

Comment

Originally posted by Orsey View Post
        You want to say that if I can repeat everything that you did, I will become like you?

I think random events also play a big role, and the probability that they will happen is determined by "luck", no matter what different people put into this concept)

"Luck" governs that area of events that we cannot take into account in our plans.

Especially when it comes to game development. You could choose the theme of the game, which could become unpopular after a couple of years of development, but this did not happen. So you're lucky)
        No we made the right moves with our plans to keep the game fun. Its a skill to visualize or predict what would be fun and then having the design sense to break that down and execute it in a way that speaks to players and then meshes well with the current game. Luck has nothing to do with it.

We'd be lucky if we just released alpha 1 and then people just kept buying it with no updates, but no, we work hard and update the game, listen to customers, and improve the product, so that is a predictable outcome and why the game is still popular. Our focus has been to make a game that people can play for 1000's of hours and it becomes a big hobby and memorable game for most fans. You could maybe say we're lucky that a big studio with deep pockets didn't run with our idea in 2013, but its so crazy noone would try.

Comment

No we made the right moves with our plans to keep the game fun. Its a skill to visualize or predict what would be fun and then having the design sense to break that down and execute it in a way that speaks to players and then meshes well with the current game. Luck has nothing to do with it.

We'd be lucky if we just released alpha 1 and then people just kept buying it with no updates, but no, we work hard and update the game, listen to customers, and improve the product, so that is a predictable outcome and why the game is still popular. Our focus has been to make a game that people can play for 1000's of hours and it becomes a big hobby and memorable game for most fans. You could maybe say we're lucky that a big studio with deep pockets didn't run with our idea in 2013, but its so crazy noone would try.
          Making the game moddable right from the start was also one of the better decisions made and kept people playing in between the alpha releases.

Comment

@madmole

this is the best explanation i ever heard so far, yes you really have shown you listen to your fans and loyal players.
            I may not have been here since the start but i can say the game 7 days to die has actually changed my life in a number of ways.
            It gave me a community which i now host for everyday 365, 24/7 for the past 5 years.

My community taught me to listen and never give up.
            I failed so many times made so many mistakes and i learned from each one.
            After 5 years I have matured in alot of way thanks to this game.
            I consider myself a good leader with many things to learn yet.

But your right luck has nothing to do with success, you listen to your players you adept as needed and you plan and then produce with results you worked and planned for.

Thank You Joel for giving a Plains Cree Native American From Canada, a different way to see life. this game and my group inspired me to become better and 5 years later here i am. living off the rez and building a completely player supported volunteer community for 7 days to die.

7 days to die was the start in a positive turn in my life.

Comment

It's almost like you take someone saying good luck as an insult. It's not. Someone can work just as hard as you have and still not make it. Things completely out of your control DID happen that also helped. They could have just as easily happened in a way that hurt. That doesn't take away from the fact you worked your a$$ off and are really good at what you do. But it is a fact of life in a universe ruled by chaotic influences.

Comment

(re: steak) Amen to that!
                Pappas Bros.

...all the nation's "famous" and "best steak" can suck it. I've tried them all. New York to Los Angeles.

Anyway, where were we. Oh yeh. More about ISS?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomaana View Post
                  You're both wrong. The best fast food burger is the Baconator and the best fast food sandwich is the Wendy's Spicy Chicken.
                  You guys are all insane. Bunz took the crown from Pharo's took the crown from Lucky Boy. If I ever eat a burger better than a Bunz burger, I will seriously question whether I've died and gone to heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by quyxkh View Post
                    You guys are all insane. Bunz took the crown from Pharo's took the crown from Lucky Boy. If I ever eat a burger better than a Bunz burger, I will seriously question whether I've died and gone to heaven.
                    Does it really count as a "fast food burger" if there is no drive-thru? My vote (drive-thru requirement) is In N' Out; specifically the 4x4 animal style.

I hope Roland gives this eventual thread a good name...

Comment

Originally posted by wicketness View Post
                      @madmole

this is the best explanation i ever heard so far, yes you really have shown you listen to your fans and loyal players.
                      I may not have been here since the start but i can say the game 7 days to die has actually changed my life in a number of ways.
                      It gave me a community which i now host for everyday 365, 24/7 for the past 5 years.

My community taught me to listen and never give up.
                      I failed so many times made so many mistakes and i learned from each one.
                      After 5 years I have matured in alot of way thanks to this game.
                      I consider myself a good leader with many things to learn yet.

But your right luck has nothing to do with success, you listen to your players you adept as needed and you plan and then produce with results you worked and planned for.

Thank You Joel for giving a Plains Cree Native American From Canada, a different way to see life. this game and my group inspired me to become better and 5 years later here i am. living off the rez and building a completely player supported volunteer community for 7 days to die.

7 days to die was the start in a positive turn in my life.
                      That is great to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
                        Pappas Bros.

...all the nation's "famous" and "best steak" can suck it. I've tried them all. New York to Los Angeles.

Anyway, where were we. Oh yeh. More about ISS?
                        Broken arms will piss people off

Comment

That. Will. Be awesome!

... remember that alpha when if you sneezed you'd break your leg? Good times...

Just give us the ability to hold weapons in the other hand but with a serious disadvantage...

Comment

Will the ISS also account for weather effect, like a heatstroke, frostbite, injuries that do not go away easily and are not just depleting health. Most famous of course is drowing, in pretty much any game this drains your health, which means you can stay underwater by using meds (in FO you could just drink that same water to heal). Would be nice if instead it were some counter and then you just suffocate and die (no losing HP). And if you do get to air it will have a lasting effect on your character.

Exited to hear what you guys came up with.

Comment

Originally posted by quyxkh View Post
                              Oh no, Berzerker Bills has the best burgers in Navezgane!

Comment

Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
                                Got you covered homie.
                                Originally posted by TSBX View Post

Some cool stuff happening in the modding world right now!
                                You guys are the BEST...I take back everything i was thinking about you!! LOL

And a real Helmet too.....* wipes tear *

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X