This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobbyLee298 View Post
    MM is the player inventory going to use weigh in A19 or will it be the same box system?

Also will it ever become a weigh system before gold?
    Around here a hunting knife uses the same amount of inventory capacity as 5 reams of paper and we like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
      <snipped for space>
      Spoiler: 

The best way to amswer these questions would be to create a clothed UMA from scratch and see how the system works. It's not an easy system to get your head around but when you do it does make sense... mostly.

Theoretically you can use any shader for an UMA, I recently upgraded the basic UMA system to the HDRP shaders without much difficulty. Using an external shader created with shadergraph is certainly possible from a technical perspective but whether you can do that without the use of an asset bundle I really couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

The whole T-Pose thing... An A-Pose is better from an animation perspective, it allows for better deformatiom and easier weight-painting. The A-Posed model is forced into a T-Pose during import into unity with a file created for the UMA to use. Updating the bone structure or vertex groups without regenerating this file is likely to be what's causing issues.

UMA _only_ works with asset bundles if you're trying to side-load data. The newest version of UMA can use addressables but the last time I played with addressables the whole system was a buggy mess. That was quite a while ago so things can only have gotten better since then.

https://youtu.be/KGgyv3CSWek?t=192

That's enough dalliance off-topic for now :-)
      Last edited by The Gronk; 02-13-2020, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gronk View Post
        Spoiler: 

The best way to amswer these questions would be to create a clothed UMA from scratch and see how the system works. It's not an easy system to get your head around but when you do it does make sense... mostly.

Theoretically you can use any shader for an UMA, I recently upgraded the basic UMA system to the HDRP shaders without much difficulty. Using an external shader created with shadergraph is certainly possible from a technical perspective but whether you can do that without the use of an asset bundle I really couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

The whole T-Pose thing... An A-Pose is better from an animation perspective, it allows for better deformatiom and easier weight-painting. The A-Posed model is forced into a T-Pose during import into unity with a file created for the UMA to use. Updating the bone structure or vertex groups without regenerating this file is likely to be what's causing issues.

UMA _only_ works with asset bundles if you're trying to side-load data. The newest version of UMA can use addressables but the last time I played with addressables the whole system was a buggy mess. That was quite a while ago so things can only have gotten better since then.

Calm your tits, it's on topic, MM was talking about UMA. =)

Comment

Spoiler: 

How is that off topic.

MM talking bout UMA lol = people discuss what MM says and talks about.

The off topic was your reply so lets get back on track and continue reading Guppys thoughts on UMA :-D

Comment

Are there going to be any new automatic weapons in the near future? Or any new guns?

Comment

Originally posted by Death2ZombiesLV View Post
              Are there going to be any new automatic weapons in the near future? Or any new guns?
              oooh yeh, like an ah-nold mini gun! C'mon Joel, I know you want it!

Comment

Originally posted by stallionsden View Post
                How is that off topic.

MM talking bout UMA lol = people discuss what MM says and talks about.

The off topic was your reply so lets get back on track and continue reading Guppys thoughts on UMA :-D
                The last I heard modding was off-topic for the dev diary.

On-topic would have been whether UMA should be included at all in a future release, off-topic would be modding the current UMA system.

Comment

<snipped for being too salty>
                  Last edited by Guppycur; 02-13-2020, 04:31 AM.

Comment

<snipped for being too salty>
                    Last edited by Guppycur; 02-13-2020, 04:31 AM.

Comment

<snipped for space>
                      Fair enough, no offence meant.

I really could not care less whether the conversation is off-topic or not. You asked a question and since I've been up to my eyeball meshes in UMA since before Christmas I'd thought I'd give you some help.

Comment

Fair enough, no offence meant.

I really could not care less whether the conversation is off-topic or not. You asked a question and since I've been up to my eyeball meshes in UMA since before Christmas I'd thought I'd give you some help.
                        And I do appreciate the spoiler response, sorry if I appear grumpy, it's not directed at you. Scratched cornea and sore shoulder doth not a happy guppy make. So my apologies for jumping your ♥♥♥♥.

Comment

And I do appreciate the spoiler response, sorry if I appear grumpy, it's not directed at you. Scratched cornea and sore shoulder doth not a happy guppy make. So my apologies for jumping your ♥♥♥♥.
                          S'all cool :-)

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post
                            We still have to decide with to do with UMA.
                            I'd update it. I think they're on UMA2.5 now, with better models (not great, but you seem to have shader coders that could probably do magic with it) and massively updated performance.

Comment

That does explain why I keep seeing Victorian era radiators scattered through the game. It was the thing that made me question this in the first place.

I kind of figured with your background the buildings would be up to spec. :-)
                              Yeah I actually bought a very old rental property that used to be a fancy manor that a lawyer operated out of built in 1863 I think that had those radiators in it, and we removed them at the start of the restoration. Pain in the ass but some metal guy came along and chopped them into pieces he could carry and hauled them away for the metal in them.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyLee298 View Post
                                MM is the player inventory going to use weigh in A19 or will it be the same box system?

Also will it ever become a weigh system before gold?
                                No it will stay the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X