Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
    Unless your adding new types of melee weapons? what other melee weapon needs a tier 2 or 3?
    The iron club is being overhauled:

    https://twitter.com/7DaystoDie/statu...72105377636352

    There will also be new mods for the wooden club.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Matt 1977 View Post
      Im running a Agility/Intellect game atm. Really enjoying it. I feel though that you need Intellect in every game. The tree is so OP , way to much needed perks in my opionion. Are you going to adjust Intel at all?
      I would have to disagree with the intellect is a mandatory perk tree to take, my last several play throughs I have not put a single point into intellect, you can find the schematics or just buy the forges and workbenches and other things outright and spend the points elsewhere.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Gazz View Post
        Of course it's useful. Some just claim that you cannot play the game without putting serious points into that and that's simply hyperbole.
        well with some items being trader only, and needing better barter 3 to get to them, it tends to make at least partial intel a requirement.

        NV goggles being one of them for agility builds at night with the new lighting system. I love doing t5's at night instead of mining
        Last edited by wolfbain5; 02-13-2020, 03:02 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by RipClaw View Post
          The iron club is being overhauled:

          https://twitter.com/7DaystoDie/statu...72105377636352

          There will also be new mods for the wooden club.
          i know that but when madmole said melee weapons to fill in!

          that got me confused sense it looks like we got all of them! (asid from the new updated textures)

          Comment


            Originally posted by wolfbain5 View Post
            well with some items being trader only, and needing better barter 3 to get to them, it tends to make at least partial intel a requirement.

            NV goggles being one of them for agility builds at night with the new lighting system. I love doing t5's at night instead of mining

            speaking of those items i have a few ideas i want to talk about those


            in short term. have some things findable and make some things harder to find!

            Spoiler: 

            Stuff like Solar Cells and Panels would be a Super rare (the crucible would be easier to get! in a working stiffs box)

            Night Vision Goggles should be found in Munition boxes and Very rarely you could get special ammo! (like AP or HP)

            Cusables should be harder to find sense i found 2 in one small store!

            Ammo piles should have arrows in their as well as bullets (but bullets are more rare)

            and Reinforced chest should have tiers to add up with difficulty of a POI!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
              Calm your tits, it's on topic, MM was talking about UMA. =)
              UMA is not much different from MMA which MM likes to chat about? 😂

              Comment


                Originally posted by wolfbain5 View Post
                well with some items being trader only, and needing better barter 3 to get to them, it tends to make at least partial intel a requirement.

                NV goggles being one of them for agility builds at night with the new lighting system. I love doing t5's at night instead of mining
                Everything below AFAIK, but:

                NV googles are findable in loot. Would have to check the xml to be sure but I think it was even mentioned in this thread a while a go that they are just rare.

                The only items confined to BB3 are solar panels. And till today nobody could explain to me yet why they wouldn't be optional.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by wolfbain5 View Post
                  well with some items being trader only, and needing better barter 3 to get to them, it tends to make at least partial intel a requirement.

                  NV goggles being one of them for agility builds at night with the new lighting system. I love doing t5's at night instead of mining
                  You can get NVs without the trader, but they do seem to be a pretty rare drop. I think solar panels and cells are the only thing locked behind the trader stash? (Could be very wrong here.)


                  NV googles are findable in loot. Would have to check the xml to be sure but I think it was even mentioned in this thread a while a go that they are just rare.
                  I recently got a pair in a zombie loot bag.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by madmole View Post
                    A19 will bring the game to completion in terms of melee items and firearms. 3 tiers of every weapon archtype.
                    Awesome! I'm excited what new weapons you guys have cooking. Will you guys have 3 tiers for ranged and melee for each tree for A19?

                    From memory:

                    Melee:
                    STR:
                    Wooden Club > Baseball Bat > ???
                    Stone Sledge > Iron Sledge > Steel Sledge

                    FOR: Leather Knucks > Iron Knucks > Steel Knucks

                    PER: Stone Spear > Iron Spear > Steel Spear

                    INT: Stun Baton > Junk Sledge? > ???

                    AGI : Bone Shiv > hunting Knife > Machete
                    Last edited by Laz Man; 02-13-2020, 04:33 PM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                      Awesome! I'm excited what new weapons you guys have cooking. Will you guys have 3 tiers for ranged and melee for each tree for A19?
                      well as far as i know!
                      theirs.



                      Tactical AR: tier 2 AR weapon that looks like a M4A1

                      tier 3 shotgun (ill call it the Combat shotgun): no model but MM said it would be Based off the "origin 12"

                      tier 3 sniper: Unknow what it is!

                      Deagle: a Classic Desert Eagle!

                      and the Grenade launcher that's replacing the Blunderbuss!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Tahaan View Post
                        I wish someone would go through the entire thread and take out all of the hints of what the devs say could / might / will and what will not still happen.... and post that in a single summary. Someone who is not me because dammit this is TL:NT (Too Long:No Time)
                        Just go to the first post, I edit that all the time.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
                          Biggest thing that pisses me off is not really being able to see. The first days or so bright lights sucked. I'm mostly okay with them but I wear uv blocking glasses, but everything's still kinda blurry in that eye and just a little bit ago I posted in Gopher's mod thread not Guppycur's because well, I was able to make out a "G". =)
                          Mine never affected my vision, it just hurt like hell. Will your vision return?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
                            well as far as i know!
                            theirs.



                            Tactical AR: tier 2 AR weapon that looks like a M4A1

                            tier 3 shotgun (ill call it the Combat shotgun): no model but MM said it would be Based off the "origin 12"

                            tier 3 sniper: Unknow what it is!

                            Deagle: a Classic Desert Eagle!

                            and the Grenade launcher that's replacing the Blunderbuss!
                            Some trees have more combat perks. Str has both clubs and sledges while Agi has archery and pistols.

                            All trees dont necessarily need to be equal combat wise but not doing so may make it difficult balance wise.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Odetta View Post
                              Madmole,

                              Are you happy with the stun baton (mechanic wise)?
                              Never used it yet in a legit game tbh. Now that we will soon have a junk sledge/junk drone and the intellect guy will be 100% It will be my first play test for 19.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                                Some trees have more combat perks. Str has both clubs and sledges while Agi has archery and pistols.

                                All trees dont necessarily need to be equal combat wise but not doing so may make it difficult balance wise.
                                well the perks ik that are missing combat perk is!

                                FORT and INT! what to add into those??? i don't know!
                                maybe a SMG class??
                                Shield???
                                Makeshift guns????

                                give me some time to think of one!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X