This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gronk View Post
    A unified avatar system that creates moldable characters, much like the system Bethesda used in Skyrim and Fallout 4.

https://github.com/umasteeringgroup/UMA

It was used to create zombies but now it's been relegated to player avatar creation. I like it but it can be a bit klunky for a first person shooter engine.
    Thats what I thought too when we integrated it. Turns out its bloatware, nothing like Bethesda's kickass stuff. I mean it has some of the features they have, but its very poorly implemented compared to Bethesda's which is very well done. Bethesda loads armor textures from disk and doesn't make some dumb atlas on the fly that is slow to create and very wasteful on texture ram.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfbain5 View Post
      MM I know you are on the weapons hype train and I am looking forward to it. especially more int weapons.

When if ever can we get vehicle dyes? my crew and I would love to be able to tell each other's bikes apart. without relying on compass icon

edit: btw glad that nvg was added to a loot drop. before it was just a trader.
      Dyes aren't happening. With texture streaming we can just paint some alt skins and it should be just fine, and look 1000x better than tint. Whenever we get to the big vehicle update, which is 99% likely moved to A20.

Comment

MadMole, with the candies that buff skills, are there any plans to let them "overbuff" any skills that you might have maxed out already?

i.e. if you have 5 points invested in Better Barter, will eating a Sugar Butts let you go get extra benefits as if it was level 6?

Comment

@Madmole, thanks for answering all of the questions that we ask!
          I got one more, probably the last one for now... What about water? When it is going to be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz View Post
            Rifles are still "good" at stealth. Their silencers are just a lot less effective so that pistol/smg are arguably the best gun for stealth.
            Can we maybe stop with the nonsense of silencers nerfing damage and range?
            I think it is fair enough if they don't add to damage as every other mod does but nerfiing... Why?

Comment

Originally posted by toores View Post
              Can we maybe stop with the nonsense of silencers nerfing damage and range?
              I think it is fair enough if they don't add to damage as every other mod does but nerfiing... Why?
              Maybe because that's what happens in real life when you use silencers.

Comment

Originally posted by SylenThunder View Post
                Maybe because that's what happens in real life when you use silencers.
                What you see in games is due to balancing and has nothing to do with reality.

I did some research on how the suppressors work.

Supressors do not reduce range or speed. The opposite is the case. They increase the range and velocity of the projectile as they extend the barrel. And they reduce the recoil due to their weight.

However, subsonic ammunition is often used with the suppressors. This ammunition is slower but there is no sonic bang when the bullet leaves the gun. This type of ammunition is what reduces range and damage. Not the suppressor itself.
                Last edited by RipClaw; 02-14-2020, 11:13 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by RipClaw View Post
                  However, subsonic ammunition is often used with the suppressors. This ammunition is slower but there is no sonic bang when the bullet leaves the gun. This type of ammunition is what reduces range and damage. Not the suppressor itself.
                  Exactly this. In order to get anywhere close to "stealth gameplay or movie silencers", subsonic ammo is a requirement.

We just won't duplicate the number of ammo types and inventory clutter just for that so it's implied.
                  It's a game, not an ammunition simulation.
                  I'd bet money that most players don't even know that this issue exists.

The ammo types that we do have only made the cut because their gameplay effects are noticeable enough to warrant the complexity.

Comment

happy valentines day!

snowdog please don't go to jail!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
                      happy valentines day!

You'd wait for him.

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post
                        Not sure, Junk Sledge, Junk Drone, Impact wrench, Ratchet, Auto Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Assault machine gun, and loads of new art for pre 18 weapons.
                        so is everything old getting a Retexture? or just some things?

also any hint for the new sniper rifle? like what its inspired by?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally posted by TSBX View Post
                        You'd wait for him.

im already there
                        Last edited by Adam the Waster; 02-14-2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

also any hint for the new sniper rifle? like what its inspired by?
                          Intercontinental ballistic missiles. Unsurpassed range and deadliness.

Comment

Originally posted by meganoth View Post
                            Intercontinental ballistic missiles. Unsurpassed range and deadliness.
                            ah yes thank you

ill head to red mesa when i get home and grab one!
                            Last edited by Adam the Waster; 02-14-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post
                              That will be the steel club, baseball bat gets demoted to T2.

Madmole, since baseball bat is getting demoted it means we could unlock crafting by "unlock skill" as well or it will just be "books" as of now?

Comment

happy valentines day!

Ill try not to — Heading to a strip club with my wife after dinner, should be a good time!
                                Last edited by SnowDog1942; 02-14-2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X