This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Utakubeta View Post
    no the candy buffs only give you a temporary level in something.
    So candy will give you a +1 to the barter perk, and so on. once you max those out, you won't have a need for candy except as sell fodder, at least that's my reading of it.

- - - Updated - - -

hence why our wives are so awesome!
    >.> also mine knows im too g/d dense to pick up on flirting.

well im in high school so. what do i expect lol

Comment

Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
      Ahoy Madmole!

sense the Deagle is going to be added, how many tiers would be in the pistol Class?

cuz from the sound of it, theirs 4
      Two pistols, one revolver and one smg.

Comment

Originally posted by bayaholic View Post
        Mm,
        Just wanted to say thank you for giving background info on you and your life's path. Really cool story btw. Intriguing read at the very least. Been loving this game since I think alpha 7 (not sure my memory sucks, so the wife says). Glad you kept at it with 7DTD. Easily, one of the best games I have played. Sorry for the long post just to say thank you and your team for being so engaging with the community. Keep pimpin', TFP.

Btw you have me dying with, "7 Days to Eye". Glad you and Jax are good. Need vision to see them zeds.
        Sticking with 7 Days was the easy part

Comment

Originally posted by Orsey View Post
          That is, sweets will give buffs that cannot be obtained by buying attributes and perks, I understand correctly?
          Some candy gives you an extra rank of an existing skill perk, some candy does its own thing no perk does.

Comment

Originally posted by Utakubeta View Post
            no the candy buffs only give you a temporary level in something.
            So candy will give you a +1 to the barter perk, and so on. once you max those out, you won't have a need for candy except as sell fodder, at least that's my reading of it.

- - - Updated - - -

hence why our wives are so awesome!
            >.> also mine knows im too g/d dense to pick up on flirting.
            Candy is not in loot only in vending machines, so it is not sell fodder unless you play pvp and raid someone's stuff/loot their backpack. Also only a few grant skill perks, most do their own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post
              ok then

Comment

Some candy gives you an extra rank of an existing skill perk, some candy does its own thing no perk does.
                That is, there may come a time when some sweets will be useless for the player? To be honest, I would like that sweets were always useful, even for high-level players, that they did not become garbage.

I am sure that the merchant will not buy them expensive enough for us to carry them to the merchant, instead of just throwing them away.

Comment

That is, there may come a time when some sweets will be useless for the player? To be honest, I would like that sweets were always useful, even for high-level players, that they did not become garbage.

I am sure that the merchant will not buy them expensive enough for us to carry them to the merchant, instead of just throwing them away.
                  I mean, lets first see what they show us when ready, the balance will be crucial, no doubt.

Comment

You keep missing the part where the only way to get them is to buy them from vending machines. Don't buy them if they are useless to you. Simple.

Comment

Sooo is the pistol category the only exception to the 3 tier rule? Does this one have 4?

Comment

Nope, that is why we made them buff skills so we didn't have to worry about too many barter buff %'s coming in from several things allowing exploits.
                        Right now, the protection system, damage system and buffs is a BIG clutter box. Why? miles vs km. If you make something in percentages DON'T make it in points, like armor points and biceversa.

So I wish for a book that says: adds 2 armor points to the player, period. Not 4% or 5% and nowhere to see the improvement. Or an item that says: 10 points resistance to broken arms (where the standard is ALWAYS 100 for all the systems or something like that)

A system with well defined points would be best for this game and will improve the balance headaches by a lot. Armor capped at 80 points? do tell that to the player. But 13 points of armor and 5% resistance to damage? how do I calculate that? and what if the armor bonus is added to a non armor piece like batter up VOL 2 with the cap and letter jacket? It doesn't work with only clothing, currently.

Diseases, are they calculated in ticks? what on earth? Why not represent the ticks in points and call it a day?

Percentages are a muddy place. Nice for xml edits but bad for the player.

Thoughts?

Comment

You keep missing the part where the only way to get them is to buy them from vending machines. Don't buy them if they are useless to you. Simple.
                          *Mind BLOWN*

Comment

Originally posted by Blake_ View Post
                            --Snip for space--

Thoughts?
                            Too much time on your hands.

Comment

Too much time on your hands.
                              same here madmole, same here.....

Comment

Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
                                same here madmole, same here.....
                                You're in HS... get back to your schooling!
                                How else are you going to become an awesome whatever?! =]

Comment

Working...
                                X