This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ranzera View Post
    I never thought of that. That's an even better way to do it. Still, though, are secret stash shenanigans an intentional feature?
    This has been a thing since A17. If they're going to be tackled, it'll either be soon or never, so regardless, abuse or not use this method. (:

Comment

Originally posted by CannedSmeef View Post
      The magnum is good but it desperately needs a reload time buff. 9 times out of 10 you use the pistol anyway because of its versatility, ability to get you out of a jam (6 shots from a magnum isn't gonna save you from late game sleepers), and it can accept a silencer (stealth character loves this for obvious reasons). Plus, the ammo is a lot cheaper to make.

It was exciting to get my hands on a magnum during my AGI build, but I quickly realized it was just a worse pistol for all the reasons above and more. In particular, you spend more time reloading than shooting, and the firerate seems rather low most of the time. I pretty much only used it for trader discounts from that point on.

It would be greatly improved and actually see some use with a reduction to reload time (mainly cut out the spinning part, that's half the problem) and an increased fire rate (if it could fire as fast as you pull the trigger that would be pretty fun). Yes it would turn into a burst spam gun but it would have a more distinct role from the pistol, while still requiring discipline due to the ammo cost.

Spoiler: 

Comment

Originally posted by Odetta View Post
        Spoiler: 
        Or perhaps...

Spoiler: 

Comment

Originally posted by MechanicalLens View Post
          Or perhaps...

Spoiler: 
          That would kick like a cannon. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny rebo View Post
            There are a lot more moving parts in a double action revolver (like the one in the game) than you think. Guppy’s right though, if kept in good condition they’ll never jam. They just may not work. If you find one in a trash bag in the forest though, you might not be as good as you think. But it’s a game, we must suspend belief sometime

A lot of things have to happen to ♥♥♥♥ the hammer, unlock the cylinder, move the cylinder, re-lock the cylinder, and trip the hammer all in sequence and all in the correct timing.

Start watching Forgotten Weapons YouTube channel for some good info on the mechanics and history of firearms, if your interested.
            I understand the mechanical principle behind it. I was looking for less obvious things such as lower recoil or perhaps a quicker draw.

I live in a country where the only pistol you can openly carry is muzzle-loaded, you're not allowed to make any propellant for it but if you really must wear a flintlock then you're (theoretically) allowed to do so. Start waving it around and expect to be surrounded by a lot of very excited policemen pointing automatic rifles at you.

As Aleister Crowley pointed out, theory and practice are often two different things :-)

Comment

Or perhaps...

Spoiler: 
              Or even perhapsier...

Spoiler: 

Also I just realized "pistols" has 4 weapon tiers (smg). Madmole is this intended? Maybe the revolver can be a legendary weapon in the future or...

Comment

Or even perhapsier...

Spoiler: 
                You have to think realistically here.

Spoiler: 

Comment

You have to think realistically here.

Spoiler: 
                  Have you been talking to my wife?

Comment

Have you been talking to my wife?
                    No, I've been talking to her other partner that you are unaware of. Um... oops... *Tugs the collar of my shirt and shuffles away*

(jk)
                    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 02-20-2020, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Or perhaps...

Spoiler: 
                      Spoiler: 

Comment

Originally posted by The Gronk View Post
                        I understand the mechanical principle behind it. I was looking for less obvious things such as lower recoil or perhaps a quicker draw.

I live in a country where the only pistol you can openly carry is muzzle-loaded, you're not allowed to make any propellant for it but if you really must wear a flintlock then you're (theoretically) allowed to do so. Start waving it around and expect to be surrounded by a lot of very excited policemen pointing automatic rifles at you.

As Aleister Crowley pointed out, theory and practice are often two different things :-)
                        Depending on caliber, a semi with a reciprocating slide will have a more manageable recoil than a revolver. But then again Jerry Miculek can shoot 6 rounds reload and shoot 6 more rounds with a revolver in under 3 seconds.

Itآ’s all relative. Practice (with what you have) makes perfect!
                        Last edited by Crater Creator; 02-29-2020, 12:08 AM. Reason: politics

Comment

Originally posted by wolfbain5 View Post
                          well, revolvers arent very common today, automatics and semi automatics have seriously taken the lead. now, MM said this is set decades into the future... with revolvers in the decline today, just how common would revolvers really be? wouldnt a 45 cal semi auto be a better fit? they are alot more common.

Now I was apprenticed as a gunsmith here in south texas in my youth. I did some work on revolvers. In my experience, they just arent as popular or common.
                          In 2021 the movie "Dirty Harry" had its 50th anniversary. Being shown again in movie theaters spurned a huge revival of all things Harry. Suddenly it was fashionable again to say "Make my day" to total strangers and have a magnum around the house. Since nobody really used them for anything serious though they can be found in tip top condition in many Arizona households in 2052

Comment

Originally posted by meganoth View Post
                            In 2021 the movie "Dirty Harry" had its 50th anniversary. Being shown again in movie theaters spurned a huge revival of all things Harry. Suddenly it was fashionable again to say "Make my day" to total strangers and have a magnum around the house. Since nobody really used them for anything serious though they can be found in tip top condition in many Arizona households in 2052

it did have a revival? 2021. so you are giving us backstory now? but did the 44 magnum sales jump up, and he went to a 50 cal pistol, because his iconic 44 was no longer the biggest boy, frued would love his need for having the biggest handgun in the world. nevertheless, not as common. MM has been (it seems) te be using realism when he can, and fantasy to make it fun. a 6 shot main weapon, NOT as much fun on horde night as something with a few more rounds. that being said, I just use the smg for the agil build and would appreciate something other than a revolver as the bad ass of the agility build.

edit: besides, modding a revolver isnt all that great, a flashlight, scope? maybe some new grips, that is about it. a semi auto? mags, silencers, scopes, recoil comps. much more suited to the mods that tfp want us to be able to play with. gun mods, not game mods.
                            Last edited by wolfbain5; 02-20-2020, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny rebo View Post
                              Bing search Mosin Nagant revolver suppressed
                              Oh, I know.
                              There are also guns designed to be used under water or in zero gravity...

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz View Post
                                Oh, I know.
                                There are also guns designed to be used under water or in zero gravity...
                                Get working. We want all three tiers of those.

On second thought, we just need the first. Save the second for Minecraft...
                                Last edited by Roland; 02-20-2020, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X