This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Interesting. I have never heard this. Most people love the Magnum due to its stopping power.

Hey MM, any additional news you can shed on zombies. You mentioned a few pages back the rads would be getting some new art. Any new abilities with it?

Also a LOONG time ago you mentioned in one of your videos that there was a chance you guys were designing a "boss zed" that raised the dead around them. So if this zed was in your vicinity and you killed a normal zed this boss could bring it back to life.

Is this still something that may be planned? Or is that idea the way of the Behemoth.
    New rad zombies are a long ways off and nothing specific is planned yet. First we'd figure out the game play we want, then get concepts drawn up. Giant vultures or something that could fly and pick players up on horde night have been discussed a bit, but nothing concrete yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Trankitas View Post
      Will A19 be a large update or a small one?
      I'd say yes regardless if you implied file size or content.

Comment

Originally posted by CannedSmeef View Post
        The magnum is good but it desperately needs a reload time buff. 9 times out of 10 you use the pistol anyway because of its versatility, ability to get you out of a jam (6 shots from a magnum isn't gonna save you from late game sleepers), and it can accept a silencer (stealth character loves this for obvious reasons). Plus, the ammo is a lot cheaper to make.

It was exciting to get my hands on a magnum during my AGI build, but I quickly realized it was just a worse pistol for all the reasons above and more. In particular, you spend more time reloading than shooting, and the firerate seems rather low most of the time. I pretty much only used it for trader discounts from that point on.

It would be greatly improved and actually see some use with a reduction to reload time (mainly cut out the spinning part, that's half the problem) and an increased fire rate (if it could fire as fast as you pull the trigger that would be pretty fun). Yes it would turn into a burst spam gun but it would have a more distinct role from the pistol, while still requiring discipline due to the ammo cost.
        Maybe the magnum could do some knockback or ragdoll to most enemies, making that limited ammo capacity not be outclassed by spamming 9mm.

Comment

Originally posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
          Interesting. I have never heard this. Most people love the Magnum due to its stopping power.

Hey MM, any additional news you can shed on zombies. You mentioned a few pages back the rads would be getting some new art. Any new abilities with it?

Also a LOONG time ago you mentioned in one of your videos that there was a chance you guys were designing a "boss zed" that raised the dead around them. So if this zed was in your vicinity and you killed a normal zed this boss could bring it back to life.

Is this still something that may be planned? Or is that idea the way of the Behemoth.
          You mean a necromancer?

Comment

Originally posted by MechanicalLens View Post
            Hence why I see the magnum as the sledgehammer of the guns. If you miss with it or if there's too many zombies in your path, you're in a bit of a pickle, but if you time your shots and can get enough time to recover, the magnum can be a pretty formidable gun.

I still prefer the pistol though. :P
            Honestly its just one of those personal preference things. If you are a pretty good aim, the magnum is pretty nice. If you want to pray n spray an smg or pistol are better. I keep both on my belt and use the magnum for most situations, and then go to smg when things get nasty, unless I'm stealthing then I use a silenced 9mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
              Revolver will pretty much never jam.
              Too bad jamming is not a thing in game hehehe....yet....

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by madmole View Post
              Honestly its just one of those personal preference things. If you are a pretty good aim, the magnum is pretty nice. If you want to pray n spray an smg or pistol are better. I keep both on my belt and use the magnum for most situations, and then go to smg when things get nasty, unless I'm stealthing then I use a silenced 9mm.
              Not to mention the trader bonus with the magnum...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
                tier 1: AK47

Tier 2: Tactical Assault Rifle (aka the M4A1)

Tier 3: M60

a lots of weapons tiers will be filled in alpha 19
                Holy ♥♥♥♥! When an ak is considered a tier 1 gun you know the game gonna be fun!

Comment

It was pretty good when I did my agility play through in A18.
                  I never use it. The reload sucks. I dont do agi but I still use other guns from trees I dont use. Hell, I'd use the regular pistol over the magnum. I'd love to take some time to figure it out because with a pistol extended mag I bet the dps is way higher.

The mag dont have a magazine extender does it? Cause 6 rounds aint enough.

Comment

I would add that there are a number of useful mods for the pistol: a magazine extender, a flashlight, a rad remover, a couple different scopes, cripple bullets, silencer...

If you want to fill the empty mods spots there is a variety of things, but considering an SMG "will need" a recoil mod to shoot better (compared to a Pistol) then it's taking up one mod slot, which you could use for something else.

Comment

Maybe the magnum could do some knockback or ragdoll to most enemies, making that limited ammo capacity not be outclassed by spamming 9mm.
                      Yeah magnum needs serious buffs. I would love to use it, as I love playing Mccree in overwatch and am fond of fallout: new vegas. You know, the stranger with the big iron on his hip.

Comment

Originally posted by beerfly View Post
                        Because it will be useless on it, as in real life

#physics
                        Not everything needs to match real life physics. If this answer was valid the entire game would have to be scrapped.

Comment

New rad zombies are a long ways off and nothing specific is planned yet. First we'd figure out the game play we want, then get concepts drawn up. Giant vultures or something that could fly and pick players up on horde night have been discussed a bit, but nothing concrete yet.
                          Are we creating new Zombies?

A worm monster that comes upfrom below and chomps on you.

A new version of the Demo guy. He is a scrawny, nervous character. Sneaks in quietly, searches for your power bank and plants a charge on that. Or else looks for the pillar that carries the most weight and plants charges on that. Then after that he charges you with a razor blade.

Also he has a sapper friend that starts a couple hundred meters away and makes a tunnel to below your base. Then he breaks into the center of it and all the zombies uses this path to get to you.

And then there's the guy with the Zombochet. A trebuchet that flings Zombies into your base. And the guy with the hang glider that swoops in from a distance and drops bombs on you.

Also can we have a way to subdue without killing Zombies? Turn them into docile farm workers and such? Then some baddie boss with a special pulse cannon resets them and suddenly they start taking revenge on you for enslaving them.
                          Last edited by Tahaan; 02-20-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                            You mean a necromancer?
                            I want that, not for the game because it's retarded, but because it would mean blocks could be affected by buffs, a new trigger, or we'd get a better working spawn block, either if which would give me a modding woody.

Comment

Originally posted by Khulkhuum View Post
                              I would add that there are a number of useful mods for the pistol: a magazine extender, a flashlight, a rad remover, a couple different scopes, cripple bullets, silencer...

If you want to fill the empty mods spots there is a variety of things, but considering an SMG "will need" a recoil mod to shoot better (compared to a Pistol) then it's taking up one mod slot, which you could use for something else.
                              nope, SMG does not "need"a recoil mod.
                              44 mag is not a prefered weapon for me. that reload animation is way too long. spinning the cylinder is not necessary and is actually harmful to the gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P52ZGFjDgOY

Comment

(maybe my worst idea may have a Useage)

maybe a Zombie with 2 Arms reformed into Wings and he Flys arounds screeching and attacking people called "the Gargoyle". he would have around 650 HP and is the Size of a Normal zombie but instead of arms their wings, they can swoop down and try to scratch you or pick you up.

his attacks are Screech , Slash and Grab!

Think you safe in a Car? he can snatch you out of it, Even a Gyro he will attack you on that!

the only way to get him off of you it by hitting him!
                                Last edited by Adam the Waster; 02-20-2020, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X