Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    This is the generic vBulletin forum format. The desire is to get a fully 7 Days to Die theme back. What we have right now is not an end goal for the forums. My biggest complaint is that the forums seems to think I'm nostalgic for the 1990's...

    Comment


      I think this default Theme is quite ok. Its not that the old theme was all that pretty either.

      Comment


        I'm still not sure whether I like or dislike all of the hyperlink headers being that particular shade of dysentery orange.

        It does kind of work for a horror theme :-)

        #tact

        Comment


          Originally posted by Roland View Post
          This is the generic vBulletin forum format. The desire is to get a fully 7 Days to Die theme back. What we have right now is not an end goal for the forums. My biggest complaint is that the forums seems to think I'm nostalgic for the 1990's...
          all this time I just thought you were a trekkie and were trying to assimilate this forum

          Comment


            so with the "All weapons will have 3 tiers." whats going to be the new tier of rifle. we have the hunting rifle as a higher damage 1 shot then reload, the marksman rifle as semi auto but less damage and varying shots b4 reload. Are we going to be getting something closer to an AWP thats REALY high damage or something less damaging then the marksman rifle but has more shots b4 reload like a VSS that uses 9mm?

            Comment


              2 issues I have.

              1: New top tier Junk Drone, this is not going to be another junk turret where its OP as hell even with 0 invested in int or the perk is it? I still won't use junk turrets outside of horde night as its completly cheesing the game in my eyes due to the perma knockdown they can do and how they can easly kill zombies while your completly safe even with 0 in the perk or int.

              2: Random biomes, this is good, but please, PLEASE don't make it like that patchwork crap earlier, where its completly bat♥♥♥♥ crazy, with snow right beside desert and such, not to mention the small sizes of the biomes it looked like ugh.

              3: Can we please have weapons decoupled from stats, like it was in a16. Like instead of stats, have a Melee weapon use, and a ranged weapon use tree, which you can spend points in to get damage bonuses and such and it is also used to gate the perks instead od needing agi for knives or str for clubs etc. Some may argue its the same thing, but its different, its all weapons of that type (melee or ranged) under 1 tree for general bonuses, and then it has the same perks that are currently stat locked in them to specilize.

              4: Any ETA? or random estimate for a19 to come out?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Scyris View Post
                4: Any ETA? or random estimate for a19 to come out?
                A19 will be ready when it is ready.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by MechanicalLens View Post

                  A19 will be ready when it is ready.
                  We get there when we get there!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Drithyl View Post

                    He didn't have much tact, and I'm not a web designer, but... I agree with him. The new look seems like a predefined CSS template that was chosen and not tweaked afterwards. Avatars are tiny and get cropped in weird ways, the 7DtD logo at the top left is tiny, the background color doesn't match it at all, the black background of the posts is (for my taste) too black... The previous forums may not have been the most elegant or slick, but they were at least thematic. This new theme just looks generic and unfinished to me (key word might be "unfinished" here, I hope that's the case).
                    It should be obvious things are a WIP. We're putting out the major fires first, then we'll work on a theme, icons etc.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Captain Pet Rock View Post
                      so with the "All weapons will have 3 tiers." whats going to be the new tier of rifle. we have the hunting rifle as a higher damage 1 shot then reload, the marksman rifle as semi auto but less damage and varying shots b4 reload. Are we going to be getting something closer to an AWP thats REALY high damage or something less damaging then the marksman rifle but has more shots b4 reload like a VSS that uses 9mm?
                      I'd say it would be a buffed marksman rifle and do everything better for the most part.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Scyris View Post
                        2 issues I have.

                        1: New top tier Junk Drone, this is not going to be another junk turret where its OP as hell even with 0 invested in int or the perk is it? I still won't use junk turrets outside of horde night as its completly cheesing the game in my eyes due to the perma knockdown they can do and how they can easly kill zombies while your completly safe even with 0 in the perk or int.

                        2: Random biomes, this is good, but please, PLEASE don't make it like that patchwork crap earlier, where its completly bat♥♥♥♥ crazy, with snow right beside desert and such, not to mention the small sizes of the biomes it looked like ugh.

                        3: Can we please have weapons decoupled from stats, like it was in a16. Like instead of stats, have a Melee weapon use, and a ranged weapon use tree, which you can spend points in to get damage bonuses and such and it is also used to gate the perks instead od needing agi for knives or str for clubs etc. Some may argue its the same thing, but its different, its all weapons of that type (melee or ranged) under 1 tree for general bonuses, and then it has the same perks that are currently stat locked in them to specilize.

                        4: Any ETA? or random estimate for a19 to come out?
                        1, You can't even craft a drone without serious investment. Isn't that the point of a trap, to do the work for you? I haven't even played an INT build because I knew all along it was missing the stuff we're adding now, so I'll do an INT build and you can expect some balance changes.
                        2, Snow next to desert is 100% normal. I get tired of hearing this crap, dude it SNOWS in the desert. Sorry but on this I'm playing the realism card, AND the game play card. Why put artificial limits on something that is potentially fun and happens in nature? Biome sizes are like A18, huge. There will be typically be one of each AFAIK but I need to see some more rolls.
                        3, The core game play is finished.

                        Comment


                          Hi Madmole

                          Loving the new content and the new lighting model as well, what did you change with the fog?

                          Do you have any ideas on what the end game of 7D2D will be?

                          Loving the game

                          Keep the updates coming.

                          Anni

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Roland View Post
                            This is the generic vBulletin forum format. The desire is to get a fully 7 Days to Die theme back. What we have right now is not an end goal for the forums. My biggest complaint is that the forums seems to think I'm nostalgic for the 1990's...
                            All fine and good. I just wish that you guys planned ahead and got the new forum ready first.

                            Comment


                              if u dig under the ground and place 2 dirt blocks above, horde will not only ignore u but will also dissapear at morning. was that fixed?
                              Last edited by sgr; 02-25-2020, 05:14 PM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by madmole View Post


                                2, Snow next to desert is 100% normal. I get tired of hearing this crap, dude it SNOWS in the desert. Sorry but on this I'm playing the realism card, AND the game play card. Why put artificial limits on something that is potentially fun and happens in nature? Biome sizes are like A18, huge. There will be typically be one of each AFAIK but I need to see some more rolls.
                                .

                                that is true but to most people when they hear "desert" they think Cactus , Aloe , SAND! , Jashaw trees and CAMELS!! . Snow isn't really the Top of peoples List in terms of what's in a desert.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X