This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4sheetzngeegles View Post
    Faatal can a Random variable be added to code, that can be used in the xml, example Random float,float,float
    .000 .000 .000 to 100.000

Or does it exist and and I have not found it yet. I didn't know if a generic random class called RandomArray can be added that can be
    utilized within all xml parameters, or if it has to be added strictly to each class.
    Not sure what you mean, but I don't think we have or plan to add anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TSBX View Post

Either way, please leave a hook for those unnamed miscreants to use.
      Change the xml.

Comment

Originally posted by faatal View Post

There will be nothing like that. Vehicles for a19 are mostly the same.
        Mostly?

Comment

Originally posted by faatal View Post

Been wanting to add that for a while.

Added zombie random move speeds based on difficulty. The base +/- can be changed in XML. Not an option until the effects on game play balance are determined to see if we would want it as an option.
          Thanks for the info Faatal

Comment

Faatal, Sorry I meant can the variable Random be used in the game
            with a min/max for 2 or 3 numbers sets. The thought came from your post
            reply regarding random zombie speed.

Example: <passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="base_set" value="1.10"/>
            <passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="base_set" Rnd2_value="1.10,1.5"/>
            1.10 being the minimum and 1.5 being the max. So on generation each entity has
            an individual has a different speed, but within a controlled parameter.

Can a Custom variable be used in this way?

The longer was for the set in the cars.

Example: <property name="RandomTintColor4" value="80,80,15" param1="crushed_vehicles"/>
            <property name="RandomTintColor4" Rnd3_value="(1,80),(20,80),(0,15)" param1="crushed_vehicles"/>
            I know the syntax is incorrect it is only way i know to show the separation I am asking about.
            Within each bracket is the minmax to that can be chosen for each number in the set.

My prior incomplete post question was can a variable be added either as a class called
            Random_variable. That includes an allocation for number sets of 2 or 3. Or can CVar be
            called to do it?

I'm trying to understand both CVar and RandomRoll. I know they are different applications but
            do they apply to a singular value, or can they be expanded to include multiple sets?

My thought was that if they can be then, you would def know how, and could have a random speed
            for all entities, on screen.

Comment

with a min/max for 2 or 3 numbers sets. The thought came from your post
              reply regarding random zombie speed.

Example: <passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="base_set" value="1.10"/>
              <passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="base_set" Rnd2_value="1.10,1.5"/>
              1.10 being the minimum and 1.5 being the max. So on generation each entity has
              an individual has a different speed, but within a controlled parameter.

Can a Custom variable be used in this way?

The longer was for the set in the cars.

Example: <property name="RandomTintColor4" value="80,80,15" param1="crushed_vehicles"/>
              <property name="RandomTintColor4" Rnd3_value="(1,80),(20,80),(0,15)" param1="crushed_vehicles"/>
              I know the syntax is incorrect it is only way i know to show the separation I am asking about.
              Within each bracket is the minmax to that can be chosen for each number in the set.

My prior incomplete post question was can a variable be added either as a class called
              Random_variable. That includes an allocation for number sets of 2 or 3. Or can CVar be
              called to do it?

I'm trying to understand both CVar and RandomRoll. I know they are different applications but
              do they apply to a singular value, or can they be expanded to include multiple sets?

My thought was that if they can be then, you would def know how, and could have a random speed
              for all entities, on screen.
              If I understand this you are asking about a SPECIAL variable which, when referenced, will return a random value. But you want this "special variable" to be parametricised. In other words you are asking for a FUNCTION not a variable?

Comment

That is the part I don't know. I understand the math, but not the programming fully. I didn't know if a custom variable was limited. Because if not
                It could possibly allow an unlimited choice of randomized values in all of the xml values. color, speed, random reaction. instead of a single controlling
                value, to let a random roll create unpredictability. The reason most things in games are figured out quickly is because they usually follow a linear path.
                I was inspired by what he posted, the main desire was a truer randomization of action reaction, basically the unexpected. Similar to what a learning AI
                Neural net or Fuzzy logic do. It may be impossible codewise. But I knew someone here would know the answer, or if it were possible.

Comment

SNIP FOR SPACE
                  Modding is way off topic and I don't think the average guy coming for a quick update on A19 wants to read this sort of thing.

Comment

i missed the New deagle but! it Looks really Good, love the weapon Mod Models look nice!

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post

Modding is way off topic and I don't think the average guy coming for a quick update on A19 wants to read this sort of thing.
                      Hey MM, have you played with any of traders after the change you mentioned? Curious if you have a favorite and why....(e.g. dont say trader joel....lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Laz Man View Post

Hey MM, have you played with any of traders after the change you mentioned? Curious if you have a favorite and why....(e.g. dont say trader joel....lol)
                        I haven't done any real testing yet, I'm waiting for a lot of new content to be finished. I am going to go with Trader Jen because I wrote most of her dialogue and she is freshly voice acted.

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post

I haven't done any real testing yet, I'm waiting for a lot of new content to be finished. I am going to go with Trader Jen because I wrote most of her dialogue and she is freshly voice acted.
                          i know why thats snowdogs favored trader. heh heh heh

Comment

I thought his fav was trader joel, you know that beard and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Laz Man View Post

I put my coins on Trader Gym.

Man, I can`t wait for this new trader`s feature. More wandering around the map, more to explore, more to get and earn.

Comment

Originally posted by beerfly View Post

I put my coins on Trader Gym.

Man, I can`t wait for this new trader`s feature. More wandering around the map, more to explore, more to get and earn.
                                wait whos trader Gym?

Comment

Working...
                                X