This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trekkan View Post
    I read that you're going to be looking at the candy duration, but just wanted to add in another voice to things.

Personally, I can't see myself ever using it. They would be like potions in an MMO to me, stacks and stacks of them (if they were in loot), just so I could sell them.

The reason is, I never have the time really to plan the next couple of minutes of what's going to happen. Then, when something does happen, there isn't a pause button so I can attempt to remember what the right item in my backpack is that I'm looking for. Plus, taking up valuable storage slots for something I "might" use and "might use at the correct time".

Anyway, I'm all for options and those that like these will... like them. heh But really, it sounds like an inventory/time management nightmare for myself and I'll stay away.

So thanks for putting them in vending machines only and not "wasting" my chances at "good" loot.
    It's really all about planning. No different than having a bandage on your hotbar. I use the ♥♥♥♥ out of beer on a melee build. For horde night I try to have a grandpa's learn'n elixer to maximize xp gains. Fallout without chems would suck, this is just like that, or diablo, etc. Like anything you can use it or not, but there is no way I'll do dishong towers or the construction site without my Oh ♥♥♥♥z Drops
    "Be prepared for those Oh ♥♥♥♥z moments! Fall damage immunity for 2 minutes."

Comment

Originally posted by KhaineGB View Post
      Here's a question for you, MM.

I saw what you did with Jen in the voice files.

Will we be getting similar voice lines for the other traders? (don't wanna spoil anything for folks who DON'T go snooping)
      The current voices will probably be one of the male traders, everyone else is getting redone with a different actor.

Comment

Originally posted by sillls View Post
        Hey, could you drop me a link to the new this please? Thanks.
        Originally posted by Bird Nerd View Post
        Hmm how might I get access to the games' VO clips?
        You guys can experience the new Trader Jen voice already in 18.3 experimental.

Go read the patch notes.

Comment

Originally posted by n2n1 View Post
          ???
          Not everyone thinks the absurd is fun.

what is this unhealthy craving for drugs?
          Its candy or something packaged in a candy box. Tallahassee in Zombieland needed his twinkies. Jeez go troll some other game you always ruin the god damn creative vibe here.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam the Waster View Post
            @MM

One giant Question i have is about the new look for zombies.

Are all of them staying or are some going to get axed??

when you guys said that you want more generic zombies, so are some zombies like Solders , hazmat , Construction workers , bikers etc

are they just going to get updated or axed. (note: not mentioning Football and Cheerleader zombies due to what you said a while back)
            Its determined on a case by case basis. What you said and probably basic stuff, like "what can we do to get more miles out of this zombie" such as the lumberjack? Simple, defrost him and he works in the forests too.

Comment

Originally posted by n2n1 View Post
              ???
              Not everyone thinks the absurd is fun.

what is this unhealthy craving for drugs?
              Wait. Are you telling me that you do not have a constant craving for drugs? Lucky you :')

Btw, what's more absurd than a nuclear zombie apocalypse? Chances for that happening are probably lower than chances for pharmaceutical wonderdrugs.
              Last edited by ecv; 01-08-2020, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by madmole View Post
                Its candy or something packaged in a candy box. Tallahassee in Zombieland needed his twinkies. Jeez go troll some other game you always ruin the god damn creative vibe here.
                I won't go, i'll be here.
                Your absurdity is still better than the monotony of other games.
                So far...

Originally posted by ecv View Post
                Btw, what's more absurd than a nuclear zombie apocalypse? Chances for that happening are probably lower than chances for pharmaceutical wonderdrugs.

It's the same thing every time...
                Last edited by n2n1; 01-08-2020, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Maybe TFP can use SnowDog as the voice-actor for one of the new traders?

I mean.. I would buy stuff at his place Who wouldn't??

Comment

Originally posted by DaVegaNL View Post

never heard his/her voice. so can't judge.

Comment

Its determined on a case by case basis. What you said and probably basic stuff, like "what can we do to get more miles out of this zombie" such as the lumberjack? Simple, defrost him and he works in the forests too.
                      so basically. if a zombie can fit in many roles , say the lumberjack he could fit in a few places like the snow forest or pine forest. and stuff like soldiers and hazmat teams can fit in too.

i really don't know to describe it. say the scientist zombie, are they going to get a new look or get a change where they are just "unrecognisable" so you couldn't tell who they were they can fit in more roles??
                      Last edited by Adam the Waster; 01-08-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meganoth View Post
                        Explanation:

Each experimental is a stage in the growing up of a mature stable. The infant 18.0 grows up into a young boy of 18.1, enters puberty in 18.2 and is still called a minor experimental when it celebrates its 18,3'th birthday. The next day everyone recognizes him as a stable adult, even though he is the same code as yesterday, just one day older.

As an adult he will never change, stable is stable. Along comes a new baby, she will be called 19.0

Oh ok now i get it everyone was brought by storks making sex ed completely pointless and fake news. got it thx.

Comment

Originally posted by DaVegaNL View Post

it would be funny if there was a newspaper in-game that says "Navezgane Perv Strikes Again!"

he was employed by trader Joels (named trader snow), and he wears a Pimp hat, purple leather duster, a Cigar and some pimp sunglasses.

and his camp looks like he wanted to make his own strip club.
                          Last edited by Adam the Waster; 01-08-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wicketness View Post
                            Oh ok now i get it everyone was brought by storks making sex ed completely pointless and fake news. got it thx.
                            First of all I made a mistake and called 18.1 an experimental even though it is a minor stable. Arrrgh. So yes, fake news at its best.

The analogy is a bit ridiculous but I had hoped it would also give you the impression that all the experimentals are just relatively unimportant intermediate steps that culminate into a stable. Just like all the minor stables culminate into major stables and major stables culminate into the release version. And in each case the latest version of a lower-level stage is promoted to higher-level stage after it is deemed "worthy" or stable enough.

And the reason nothing is changed before a promotion is that the lower-level version should have been tested extensively by testers AND a larger group of players. If for example TFP would release 18.3b5 directly as a stable before showing it as an experimental for a while, all the changes between 18.3b3 and 18.3b5 would have never been tested against players. Since those changes most likely introduced new bugs the stable would not be a stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Nerd View Post
                              Hmm how might I get access to the games' VO clips?
                              If you look in sounds.xml, you can see what's being planned. It looks SUPER interesting.

The current voices will probably be one of the male traders, everyone else is getting redone with a different actor.
                              As long as rekt is still an arsehole... can't remove that when you guys re-do it.

Comment

speaking of traders. What happened to Trader Jimmy?? (the bandit guy)

Comment

Working...
                                X