This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Welcome to the Alpha 19 Dev Diary. As of this time we don't even know what to call Alpha 19. It might be small named updates like "The New Combat Book Update" which could start at "19.0", with the "Vehicle Update" landing on 19.2, etc. What we do know is we're working on some new books, a vehicle update, etc but how and when we roll out what is to be determined. Hopefully it can be several point release patches to get you guys more frequent updates over 6-12 months instead of one big drop in a year.

Weapons Update
    All weapons will have 3 tiers.
    New top tier Auto Shotgun
    New mid tier Machine Gun
    New low tier Junk Sledge
    New top tier Junk Drone
    Most pre-alpha 18 weapons have new models and textures
    New Steel Fireaxe, new Steel Club.

New Books
    Tech Junkie Learn from MacDyver himself to build useful gadgets from common household junk!
    Grease Monkey Learn to modify and craft vehicles of all currently existing shapes and sizes
    Bar Brawling Learn from Irish legend "Lucky Bastard" himself and never get bested in a good ol' fashioned bar room brawl.
    Spear Hunter Get connected with your inner caveman and master the forgotten art of spear hunting.

Perk tree reduction
    Many non combat perks didn't feel like they were worth investing into or the cost was too great for what they offered, so many perks are being reduced to 3 ranks instead of 5.

Lucky Looter: removed all digging bonuses.

New perception perk: Treasure Hunter: Become one of the greatest treasure hunters of all time learning tricks that would even make Blackbeard envious. Rank 1: Plunderer Narrow down treasure locations to 7 meters and find 10% more items in buried treasure. Rank 2: Maurader: 5 meters and 20% more items. Treasure Hunter: 3 meters and 30% more items.

The Infiltrator, Animal Tracker, The Penetrator, Lockpicking, Sexual Rex, Well Insulated, Living off the Land, Rule #1 Cardio, Run and Gun, Flurry of Blows, Parkour, Hidden Strike, From the Shadows, Daring Adventurer, Charismatic Nature, Physician will all have reductions or changes made to them. Yeah science will be removed and its perks distributed to others.

Candy
    Candy will be added to vending machines, making canned foods more scarce in the process. Candy has zero calories but will boost attributes or provide special abilities for a short duration, like recog and fortbites. Here are a few examples of over 10 new candy items coming to A19.

Skull Crushers
    Rock hard candy that gives you a rock hard punch. Increases melee damage 50% for 2 minutes.

Atom Junkies
    Atom sized candy and atomic sized power! Increase explosive damage 50% for 2 minutes.

Sugar Butts
    If ifs and butts were candy and nuts every day would be Christmas! Well now it can be with one tasty Sugar Butts Candy. Increases Better Barter one rank for 2 minutes.

New super filling foods
    All new super foods have 0% food poisoning.
    Gumbo Stew
    Shepard's Pie
    Spaghetti
    Tuna Fish Gravy on Toast

Improved Player Animations
    Player arms in third person will no longer be stiff when moving with one handed tools, fists or weapons, instead their arms will move more naturally when they walk and run.

New Art
    Trader Jen
    Tools
    Stone Axe
    Steel Club
    New Twin beds/bunk beds
    New matresses
    Junk Sledge
    Wrench
    Clothing Racks
    Auto Shotgun Concept Art
    Desert Eagle Inspired Handgun
    New Impact Driver
    Junk Drone
    Zombie Arlene, Zombie Arlene Rigged in game
    New top tier handgun

Vehicle Update - pushed to A20
    Vehicle Mods
    Vehicle break down and collision system

Loading Screen Tips
    Loading screens will come with interactive survival tips the user can advance or go back to read the next or previous tip.

Random World Gen Improvements
    Random biomes!

Traders now have specialized inventory
    All traders still sell everything, but now each one specializes in something. Joel sells armor, Jen sells meds, Bob sells vehicles and tools, Hugh sells weapons and ammo, and Rekt will sell food and seeds.

Trader to trader quests
    After graduating to the next quest tier traders offer a special quest that will take you to the next trader.
    Last edited by madmole; 4 days ago.

As always, take your time devs
    Last edited by beerfly; 2 weeks ago. Reason: Comment changed a bit.

Comment

Maybe we will we see the new encounter system in this alpha?

Comment

@madmole

hiho madmole, the baseball bat has for metall chain mod, barbed wire mod and metall spikes mod different models or looks. with iron reinforced club we have only for barbed wire and metall spikes mod different models/looks and for wooden club only one model/look for all these mods.will you add in future alphas for all clubs or melee weapons different models/looks, when youre upgrading the weapon with mods???

greetings

Comment

I love the thought of more books.... honestly, books are one my favorite things ever added to the game. I'm a sucker for collecting things, so that really resonates with me.

Vehicle customization is another really cool thing I'm excited for.

One thing on my wishlist is better inventory management options.

Comment

RWG?....finally

When will the sound bug be fixed, when sleepers move soundlessly after waking up?

Are you planning to rework the settings for textures so that they do not shine (look like plasticine)?
            Or, maybe you consider it already looks good?
            (I do not mean disabling SS-reflections in game options)

Originally posted by madmole View Post
            New Books
            Oh, somehow it is not very polite to present a couple of minor lines of .xml as a new acquisition for a new alpha...
            Last edited by n2n1; 11-27-2019, 12:04 AM. Reason: refine

Comment

Originally posted by Kalen View Post
              I love the thought of more books.... honestly, books are one my favorite things ever added to the game. I'm a sucker for collecting things, so that really resonates with me.

Vehicle customization is another really cool thing I'm excited for.

One thing on my wishlist is better inventory management options.
              Yes.Drop all/drop duplicate items option is a needed QOL addition. More everything is also ALWAYS welcome.

We must be patient, but we can't Lol.

Comment

Honestly, take all the time you need (within reason lol). I honestly believe that the lifespan of A18 will be longer than previous alphas.

*Hoping for multiple bedroll placement in A19, but I won't be greedy*

Comment

How about a book series for sledgehammers? could focus more on its ability to break into things, and improve their block damage

Comment

Originally posted by Scyris View Post
                    How about a book series for sledgehammers? could focus more on its ability to break into things, and improve their block damage
                    there is already trait for that - it connected to block damage

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck Fun pimps ill be lurking and watching from the shadows
                    i got lots of work to do i guess

Comment

You are improving players animations. What about zeds animations? When zeds attack walls, its really annoying that their heads loops into walls and some animations just look like spazz. This makes it really hard to shoot them into heads

Comment

A small improvement idea for quests: The trader should sometimes add a hint what the first quest reward is going to be (but only for the one accepting the quest). The hint might be that it is an heavy armor piece, that it is an agility weapon, a med item, or a book from a specific book series.

This is a way to give the player a little control and decision over the quest system where otherwise the only deciding factor is if there is a chance that I don't know this building already.

Comment

Originally posted by manteliukasx View Post
                          You are improving players animations. What about zeds animations? When zeds attack walls, its really annoying that their heads loops into walls and some animations just look like spazz. This makes it really hard to shoot them into heads
                          That it is hard shooting them in the head is surely intended. More risk, more reward

Comment

Any way we could get an ingame reference for what an item's base stats are? Sometimes that level 3 item you find can rival a level 5 and you don't have a reference to know it.

On a similar note, since you don't want T6 to be craftable, what if we could reforge them with parts? Like Rank 5 Gunslinger + T6 SMG + 18 Pistol Parts = New T6 SMG with different stats.

Comment

Vehicles (YAY)

Water

LBD

Comment

Working...
                              X