This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evilreaver View Post
    I just want to say HOLY CRAP! The optimization on this patch was insane and I was lucky enough to have a side-by-side comparison.

My server was having a going-away party (ie: max zombies, spawning in HE rockets, spawning Dev tools, etc) and it was laggy and buggy as usual and as could be expected. We shut the server down and then another player showed up, we saw the new patch and figured we would check it out.

Holy smokes, the latency and performance is NIGHT AND DAY. Folks on garbage connections and junk computers report MARKED improvements, as in "5 FPS and inability to aim while horde" --> "High FPS and can aim with horde and building coming down at the same time"

A++ would patch again <3
    Canít wait to check it out! We reported the unusual fps drops for people with good systems but never got any feedback from the pimps. Hopefully this issue is fixed!

Comment

I'm trying the new experimental to see this performance boost you're talking about.

But one thing I HEAVILY disagree with is this:

"All electrical devices (blocks) have a minimum consumption of 1W"

Now under normal circumstances that means the pressure plates require 1W correct? However if this change is correct it is bad for PVE and even PVP servers. Currently those traps could allow bases to run for many days without the need to refuel generators and batteries unless zombies or other players arrived on the scene. With this change it means the dozens of pressure plates will drain an enormous amount of power from the generators, correct?

Edit: I mean pressure plates could act like switches and use no power, this doesn't even make sense from an electrical point of view. However if you want to make them require power why not add craftable solar panels and solar banks with some very expensive materials? That would even things out.
      Last edited by Hollowprime; 12-22-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Amazing fixes and additions, thank you for the FOV slider, thank you for the optimizations, thank you for squashing bugs.

Great job and great timing to get that patch out (even though it's experimental) just in time for the holidays.

Merry christmas and a happy new year.

Comment

Backpack friction and bounce settings internally to help prevent lost bags:

Finally I was waiting for this fix since A8. Now I will stop loosing my bag for no reason

Thank you

Comment

Does bandolier mods in chest and leg stack?

Comment

I've noticed that the shotgun turrets produce around 10% heat per hit in A18.3 summoning huge amounts of screamers. Is this normal?

Edit: NVM it's true even in A18.2, shotgun turrets produce 8% heat per hit. An interesting way to summon endless hordes.
              Last edited by Hollowprime; 12-22-2019, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by faatal View Post
                Yes. Both the initial placement being wrong and it moving when you hit/wrench it.
                There is a car when wrenched that breaks a row of fencing in front of the water works POI after you wrench it down. I wonder if that also got fixed...in relation to this. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Katitof View Post
                  Does bandolier mods in chest and leg stack?
                  I think that mod only works on chest armor?

Comment

Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                    I think that mod only works on chest armor?
                    not anymore, read the notes.

Comment

Just logged in to my game to find 18.3 (b3) and now im getting nothing but NullReferenceExeption: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I verified game files and steam only has 18.1 available in the updates as latest.

You need to select "latest experimental" in the Steam Beta tab to play on Experimental. If you are still having an issue, please post your report with output log here.

Schwanz9000
                      Last edited by schwanz9000; 12-22-2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

It's good to see that you guys finally added gui support for new languages like Japanese. My gui mod can finally lay to rest. It had a good run

Cheers!

Thank you for helping out those in need while we were working on this.
                        RIP your gui mod.
                        -Hated
                        Last edited by Hated; 12-22-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

log?

Originally posted by JCrook1028 View Post
                          not anymore, read the notes.
                          how do i get an output log?

- - - Updated - - -

how do i get an output log?

Comment

NOOOOOOOOO! You ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s better leave Trader Jen alone!

Comment

Don't want to mess up any existing games at this time .. staying with A 18.2 b5 for now .. So I guess I will have to wait and see .. What kind of voice Jen will have Ö. Hopefully FEMALE and not another Trans-gender.

But May all of TFP crew and staff have a .. Wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year

Comment

Originally posted by Evilreaver View Post
                                I just want to say HOLY CRAP! The optimization on this patch was insane and I was lucky enough to have a side-by-side comparison.

My server was having a going-away party (ie: max zombies, spawning in HE rockets, spawning Dev tools, etc) and it was laggy and buggy as usual and as could be expected. We shut the server down and then another player showed up, we saw the new patch and figured we would check it out.

Holy smokes, the latency and performance is NIGHT AND DAY. Folks on garbage connections and junk computers report MARKED improvements, as in "5 FPS and inability to aim while horde" --> "High FPS and can aim with horde and building coming down at the same time"

A++ would patch again <3
                                Seeing a big difference here too. Even with increased object and terrain settings my frames are looking good.

Comment

Working...
                                X