Announcement A18.3 b4 goes EXP

Hated

Good evening!

Alpha 18.3 b4 will be on EXP soon!

This version fixes the broken localization for starter quests and adresses other phrases and terms that were missed from translating.

No community feedback for localization in this patch yet, we are looking to have an A18.4 with an updated localization.txt considering the community's feedback.

Mac users, please try to play with EAC on again, since we did get an EAC update, that should solve the crashes, report if issues persists.

How to select your language?

Here's a quck YT video I made

1. Start the game's launcher

2. You will need to use e.g. "-language=german" in the launcher's start parameter to start the game using that language

3. Now the session will be in the selected language

This of couse is temporary and only until we release it to stable.

The language names are:

EN = english (default)

DE = german

ES-LatAm = latam

FR = french

IT = italian

JA = japanese

KO = koreana

PL = polish

PT-BR = brazilian

RU = russian

TR = turkish

ZH-CN = schinese

ZH-TW = tchinese

For feedback and balancing suggestions, please go to our feedback thread.

For ideas outside of balancing please visit our dev diary.

For any bug reports and the latest known issues please visit our bug report thread.

For any bugs specifically for localization, please use this thread.

Have a great week!

Hated

Here's what changed since b3:

Added

• We updated localization file updates to include previously missing keys

Changed

• We removed the garden hoe from the creative menu

remember when Joel said we could just add all that farming stuff back in if we didnt like the new way?

Yeah that was a lie. Great update. 4 pages of bugs in the report section and you fixed none for this patch.

Thus the reason I stopped reporting bugs. I feel as if most bug reports are being ignored, I could be wrong but sure does seem like it.

remember when Joel said we could just add all that farming stuff back in if we didnt like the new way?

Yeah that was a lie. Great update. 4 pages of bugs in the report section and you fixed none for this patch.

Plus it took them a month to not fix them as well :)

didnt he say there were branches of work now...

you are better than this comment jax

The hoe is not removed from the game but from the creative menu :

<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>

(Come on jax... u know better than me that they only added a simple line, unless you see it as a point of no return for the old farming mechanics)

Other items/blocks are not shown in creative menu but for a reason like meleeHandMaster etc but i can not see why the hoe is hidden.

I think this exp main focus is the localization or at least it's the main focus but i'm not sure. Correct me if i'm wrong.

wow whats the point of this b4 exp? you just should release stable 18.3 if you are not gonna fix anything in this exp anyway

Focus on 18.3 is localization:

This version fixes the broken localization for starter quests and adresses other phrases and terms that were missed from translating.

Majority of the devs are working on a19 now as stated multiple times.

You might not like it, but thats how it is.

Cheers

Thus the reason I stopped reporting bugs. I feel as if most bug reports are being ignored, I could be wrong but sure does seem like it.

Yeah same, I reported two of them in the 18.2 stable thread and they did not even bother to reply that they received the reports. Not really encouraging to report bugs. Like the one thats been around since A17 where if you get stunned and reload at the same time you move backwards (or reload with broken leg).

didnt he say there were branches of work now...

you are better than this comment jax

As someone who works with branches daily, that is the reason for my comment. People spend a lot of time reporting things and yes some of these things require more intricate testing and work, but some do not.

The very thing they did with the hoe, add one single line, is the same thing that could have been done for the multi block bug some people reported. It was a 30 second fix, copy pasting their own line of code into the offending blocks to fix the offsets.

Maybe there was a reason why no bugs were actually fixed, but with 19 coming up how many more experimentals will there even be for 18?

Sorry if that comes off as jaded but the deeper I dive into the creation of my own product the more things like that nag at me.

Good evening!

Alpha 18.3 b4 will be on EXP soon!

No community feedback for localization in this patch yet, we are looking to have an A18.4 with an updated localization.txt considering the community's feedback.

Mac users, please try to play with EAC on again, since we did get an EAC update, that should solve the crashes, report if issues persists.

How to select your language?

Here's a quck YT video I made

1. Start the game's launcher

2. You will need to use e.g. "-language=german" in the launcher's start parameter to start the game using that language

3. Now the session will be in the selected language

This of couse is temporary and only until we release it to stable.

The language names are:

EN = english (default)

DE = german

ES-LatAm = latam

FR = french

IT = italian

JA = japanese

KO = koreana

PL = polish

PT-BR = brazilian

RU = russian

TR = turkish

ZH-CN = schinese

ZH-TW = tchinese

For feedback and balancing suggestions, please go to our feedback thread.

For ideas outside of balancing please visit our dev diary.

For any bug reports and the latest known issues please visit our bug report thread.

For any bugs specifically for localization, please use this thread.

Have a great week!

Hated

Here's what changed since b3:

Added

• We updated localization file updates to include previously missing keys

Changed

• We removed the garden hoe from the creative menu

they could reduce the amount of polygons in the procedural generation model of the map. It has worked for me in a game that I am developing

or you can use this engine for unity would serve

https://www.voxelfarm.com/index.html

is really cool for the best performance ;) my name is strykerdell goobye

As someone who works with branches daily, that is the reason for my comment. People spend a lot of time reporting things and yes some of these things require more intricate testing and work, but some do not.

The very thing they did with the hoe, add one single line, is the same thing that could have been done for the multi block bug some people reported. It was a 30 second fix, copy pasting their own line of code into the offending blocks to fix the offsets.

Maybe there was a reason why no bugs were actually fixed, but with 19 coming up how many more experimentals will there even be for 18?

Sorry if that comes off as jaded but the deeper I dive into the creation of my own product the more things like that nag at me.

This experimental has focus on localization. Removing garden hoe from creative (only leaving an orphan xml entry) makes translating it obsolete right? The offset prob has nothing to do with localization as have all other bugs. Heck they are probab all assigned to devs allready working on a19. The more i dive into the creation of my own product the more you nag me...

Cheers

I just begin reporting - and i'm stop, too. I don't mind being ignored, but I won't waste my time if no one needs it.

The hoe is not removed from the game but from the creative menu :

<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>

(Come on jax... u know better than me that they only added a simple line, unless you see it as a point of no return for the old farming mechanics)

Other items/blocks are not shown in creative menu but for a reason like meleeHandMaster etc but i can not see why the hoe is hidden.

I think this exp main focus is the localization or at least it's the main focus but i'm not sure. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Technically he's right. There's comments in the XML to remove it later.

Which means it IS being removed from the game and will make it more difficult to put back the old method of farming unless TFP leave the Iron Hoe in the asset file AND the hold type assignable on the player.

Technically he's right. There's comments in the XML to remove it later.

Which means it IS being removed from the game and will make it more difficult to put back the old method of farming unless TFP leave the Iron Hoe in the asset file AND the hold type assignable on the player.

No. The removal comment is for the hoe schematic. Not for the item.

Cheers

Archived