Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides some screaming (well this IS a horror game too, right?) I find him ok as well.

Comment

I will absolutely NOT play horde mode...

But It is super fun to watch someone play it, lol. Ill stick with the main survival mode for sure. My nerves wont be able to take the pressure of horde.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
        ... he is good at making videos...
        And herein lies the (well a) bone of contention, putting his personal style aside for a moment and looking at the video from a purely subjective standpoint I found the volume of the "commentary" to be far too loud to the point that it was extremely difficult to hear any of the game audio (perhaps because I had to turn the volume down so the "commentary" was at an acceptable level).

From what little I could hear in the short portion of the video I watched I'm pretty sure there are a whole host of new sound assets coming in this Alpha 2 update, obviously the new zombie / mutant noises but also some more subtle changes and newly added sound effects. Sadly the majority of the cool new sound effects were masked by said overly loud "commentary", for a simple "Rhino does Horde Mode" type of video that might be ok but for an officially endorsed Preview / Teaser video (and the only "official" video for that matter) the audio could have been mixed a lot better IMO.

Comment

So I heard the fun pimps likes to tease their community to no end, with using rhinocrunch as the star.

Comment

I understand why he was chosen: he's got a pretty big sub, he seems to be friendly with TFP, and TFP apparently appreciates his particular style.

Keep in mind that his style is pretty loud, obnoxious, and can be offensive. Now while some people will take offense to everything, it's simply not a good idea to have such a divisive person as the sole voice associated with this game. You're going to turn off a lot of people who are irritated/offended by his style and while it's easy to say "Good riddance" to them, the smaller and less varied your playerbase is, the more this game is going to suffer as a whole.

At this point, though, it really doesn't matter to me if Rhino is doing all the alpha videos. Just consider finding someone else, in addition to Rhino, who has a more professional and less eardrum-shattering style.

Comment

He barely looked for water. Kept checking the supply drops when you'd think its obvious by day 4 that waters not gonna be in the drops and hes gotta search a little harder. I almost forgot it was an alpha 2 update video it was so painful watching him fail. I'm pretty sure I yelled at the screen at one point due to his idiocy. Boycotting the game over this is just stupid, but man, I'd rather have a video with no commentary than this guy lol

Comment

i vote Team Epiphany for any multi-player videos

Comment

I'm not a fan of RC or anything, but I think you guys are being a little too hard on him. He was probably doing an impromptu first run of Horde mode, and was experiencing the map and system for the first time. He was probably also caught off guard by how fast time was passing, and I don't feel that it is his fault that he couldn't find water, he searched cars and most of the crates, it was either poor luck or a programming oversight.

Lets just calm down, pull up a chair, and enjoy some fine tea whilst we wait for Alpha 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Clauticus View Post
                    I'm not a fan of RC or anything, but I think you guys are being a little too hard on him. He was probably doing an impromptu first run of Horde mode, and was experiencing the map and system for the first time. He was probably also caught off guard by how fast time was passing, and I don't feel that it is his fault that he couldn't find water, he searched cars and most of the crates, it was either poor luck or a programming oversight.

Lets just calm down, pull up a chair, and enjoy some fine tea whilst we wait for Alpha 2.
                    A little too hard ? i´ve seen different.

Comment

Originally posted by xiiMaRcLeoN View Post
                      A little too hard ? i´ve seen different.
                      All I know is that all I have seen is people complaining about him, although maybe that is because I spend more time in the 'general' forums than the 'news' forums

Comment

Not to my taste, but hey, any news about Alpha 2 is welcome, and I turned down the volume and lapped it up. Cant wait to play with the new toys.

Comment

yeeesssss yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Comment

did he ever find any water lol.

Comment

Originally posted by aliksteel View Post
                              OK change All to many, And why no link to your(friends) vid?
                              Sry, i have been really busy the last week... i haven´t posted a link because i first wanted to check about it´s fine for my friend.

So, if you are still interested, here´s the link:

7DTD-Youtube-Videos (GERMAN)

Comment

ПРИВЕТ ТЫ ЗНАЕШ КАК ЗАРЕГАЦА

Comment

Working...
                                X