This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayzenFreeze View Post
    I have been away for a long while, I dont see it in the update info. Do I click on experemental or experimental U52? and whats the difference? Thanks.
    Experimental.

Hopefully they won't need the _52 builds anymore.

Comment

I have a Linux server and I tried updating it but all it does is crash now when I launch it.
      Is this the proper update command for steam cmd?
      app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental validate

*Edit got it working, the config file cannot be copied directly as friendly fire is no longer a valid option. Changed that and it works like a charm
      Last edited by Govic; 09-16-2016, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
        Do you have a gamepad plugged in.
        As I said, never used a controller, I assume a gamepad is the same thing. Nothing connected except a mouse and keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
          I have a Game Server, I want to wipe it (14.7) how do I tell it to use Experimental instead of the 14.7 bits?
          Read the release notes. This isn't hop in and play, its read the release notes so you understand what experimental is for and how to use it. Thank you.

Comment

When I log into the game, my character keeps punching the air non stop. I unplugged my keyboard and mouse and he keeps doing that :S

Comment

if we read a schematic that we already know, do we get player XP when we read it and so skill up one level?

Comment

I assume I just wipe my server and run the:

@C:\Server\steamcmd\steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\7DTDServer +app_update 294420 validate +quit

and this will pick up the experimental A15 bits?

Comment

Originally posted by AdventSeph View Post
                  When I log into the game, my character keeps punching the air non stop. I unplugged my keyboard and mouse and he keeps doing that :S
                  I had that problem in one of my lets play videos. If you figure out how to repro let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Govic View Post
                    I have a Linux server and I tried updating it but all it does is crash now when I launch it.
                    Is this the proper update command for steam cmd?
                    app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental validate
                    That is the cmd line I used and the server is still running 14.7...

Comment

Originally posted by Bandicoot View Post
                      if we read a schematic that we already know, do we get player XP when we read it and so skill up one level?
                      Gazz would know, I think you get xp, but maybe not enough to raise a level.

Comment

SteamChildmonit is inheriting 7DaysToDie.x86_64 on every exit whether crash or clean on linux build(zombie process). For any linux testers who don't know you must kill the childs parent who is now SteamChildmonit to "kill" the zombie process.

Comment

Originally posted by sphereii View Post
                          Experimental.

Hopefully they won't need the _52 builds anymore.
                          Thanks didnt remember what the _52 version was for. Going to play soon doing a clean install and new save to only have regular bugs to find. I hope it plays better and smoother with less shuttering. I SHOULD be able to play on max settings with my rig. 4.2ghz 6 core amd, 32gb ddr4 ram, a ssd drive, and my gtx 970 with 4gb of ddr5 v-ram. Plenty of fans and huge heatsinks. I might be back here to chat about it or in the bug section to report my findings.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
                            We are hoping we don't need a u52 as our early tests have Mac and Linux running fine.
                            No dice for me here on Mac, it stack traces immediately.

At least I think I did it right, I'm not certain how to verify I'm getting a15 and not the old broken a14 build...

Comment

POI in Random Gen?

I can't seem to find any notation on whether or not there are the new points of interest in the random gen world, or if it is just in nav map. Does anyone know?
                              Last edited by Bandignomette; 09-16-2016, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Awesome update

So first off, awesome update and great great game. First time poster +490 hour players. I've been watching/listening to all your videos and couldn't wait to play this. I wanted to throw some + and - I'm finding like you requested but I wanted to say your team has done a great job, the game is awesome and every update just makes it better and better. I dont want to ruin any surprises or chances so people can discover them so please take note I didn't add those.

Okay enough kissing your ass

Pluses
                                - The game looks fantastic
                                - Draw distance is awesome and you can see more creatures/items farther out nicely
                                - I haven't had any crashes or null blocks (so far)
                                - The zombie knock down slide is fixed
                                - startup of the game to the menu and menu to the game seemed quicker.
                                - catci now give plant fibers which is awesome but only one yacti plant

Minus
                                - Zombie knock down slide is fixed but they do sometimes rotate and then stand up.

- Major performance problems, running on ultra or low the game seems to be stuck at 20-22fps. Watching your video you said you were getting 60fps but I"m not sure how. I was running at 4k but even at 800*600 in a low setting it's 22-25. I tried window and full screen no change, I turned off all shadows, and everything I could and no change. I reloaded, I tried SP and MP versions and ran to different zones, deser, burned out and forest all the same.
                                - Not sure if I can try things but I will keep checking the forumns, I tried to make sure it was nothing on my computer, I ran Doom, Far Cry, GTAV and witcher and all of those gave me high FPS. Not judging you guys, honestly, just trying to rule out my rig/drivers, etc.

- using your bow and crouching doens't seem to mean the eyeball is where the arrow lands. Like your videos which I think you mention was fixed the arrows still fly through zombies and wildlife.

Spec's before they are asked
                                Windows 7
                                Intel i7-5960x OC 4.8Ghz
                                64GB ram
                                1GB SSD that the game is running off of
                                Nvidia GTX 980ti

Comment

Working...
                                X