Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your settlers would simply only Produce Food and clean water with a small surplus, hardly enough to have Guards, a Doc, a Trader and a teacher. But they would need and wear Clothes, armor, weapons, ammo.

Means you get some extra money on one hand but you need to supply them on the other.
    But for God's sake!
    Please make at least 3 Different sentences they say, Fallout 4 is so annoying. i made my settlers a Paradise, and all they do is encumber 24/7. I really miss a "Thanks that you made this possible for us"

Comment

On the raft/boat issue ("Professional" modder feedback needed). With the way water is now, could you import into the game a boat vehicle by overlaying the minibike (or new vehicle coming in A17) with a boat, and adjusting the xml for water or the "boat" to drive on top of the water blocks? It would probably look really goofy, but could it be done? Like when you add a new gun skin you just set it over an existing model. Maybe you could just import the new model by itself? I imagine this may create the issue of all vehicles/entities being able to drive/walk on the water, but if you could make it so only the one vehicle/boat can do it that would be pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by XCOUNTRY View Post
        On the raft/boat issue ("Professional" modder feedback needed). With the way water is now, could you import into the game a boat vehicle by overlaying the minibike (or new vehicle coming in A17) with a boat, and adjusting the xml for water or the "boat" to drive on top of the water blocks? It would probably look really goofy, but could it be done? Like when you add a new gun skin you just set it over an existing model. Maybe you could just import the new model by itself? I imagine this may create the issue of all vehicles/entities being able to drive/walk on the water, but if you could make it so only the one vehicle/boat can do it that would be pretty neat.
        This would need a sdx mod (What breaks EAC)
        And then everything should be possible

Buit because A17 is not so far away i guess no modder will do that before, because i guess A17 will change some/many things Vehicle related

Comment

Originally posted by Noctoras View Post
          Guns start coming up way too often anyway these days, there is so much more to the game and guns are an important part, yet other elements should not be neglected.
          Yea I'd like to see a video centered on something besides Gun Mods and New POI's... oh.. and the jeep...

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
            Yea I'd like to see a video centered on something besides Gun Mods and New POI's... oh.. and the jeep...
            Well we got mocaps, new health/stamina system, terrain improvements, power attacks, npc improvements/quest system, plus a lot of improvements behind the scenes in the 'guts' of the game. Taken separately I can see how it would be underwhelming. But big picture, everything (at least to me) builds exponentially on what this new build will be able to accomplish content and playability-wise. Every subtle change (optimist here) will make more of those items we want on an individual basis to be easily implemented with mods. With my recent jaunt into experimenting with xmls and learning that aspect of this game, I can not wait for this build to drop!

edit: YAY! I leveled up! now I can go back to lurking and silently judging everyones good (and bad) ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by CplCritter View Post
              ...Skulls are harder than you'd think...
              Right? Makes me think of all the fake knives penetrating all the fake skulls on The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post
                Sorry. I filled the wrong bar. Its fixed now.
                So tell me, I'm still not sure of this HP bar is there just to troll those who rely on such bars, or if it's a legit indication of when A17 is coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadMole View Post
                  So tell me, I'm still not sure of this HP bar is there just to troll those who rely on such bars, or if it's a legit indication of when A17 is coming out?
                  It is an accurate indication.

It is to troll those that hate the HP Bar on the UI.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
                    This would need a sdx mod (What breaks EAC)
                    And then everything should be possible

Buit because A17 is not so far away i guess no modder will do that before, because i guess A17 will change some/many things Vehicle related
                    A ton of stuff with vehicles has changed and a lot of it is exposed in xml now, with more xml to come.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadMole View Post
                      Yeah Roland has stated before it's both.

Comment

Got a nice feature working today:
                        AI Break Block does targeted block hits based on improved obstacle check.

Now it is a 3 block high check. AIs go after middle, then weakest of low/high. Favors the low, since if they destroyed med/high, they would have to jump.

Comment

Originally posted by faatal View Post
                          A ton of stuff with vehicles has changed and a lot of it is exposed in xml now, with more xml to come.
                          Absolutely awesome!. Can't wait to play alpha 17! Having these options in xml is what gives every update a great reason to keep playing as the game improves. I am so glad we can do some messing around with vehicles. I always play each update as it is at first and run a server for it. I usually find some things I like to adjust in xml and this is much appreciated.

Comment

very nice faatal, im glad to hear that its getting corrected, it was annoying watching them hit blocks or miss entirely cause they were trying to hit the block that was already destroyed, now our bases are going to take a bigger beating, i like it

Comment

@fataal Is there anyway to make them target different blocks, currently you can walk to one side of your base and they will all come to that side, I would rather they attacked all sides of the base trying to get in.
                              Last edited by AaronG85; 04-20-2018, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by faatal View Post
                                Got a nice feature working today:
                                AI Break Block does targeted block hits based on improved obstacle check.

Now it is a 3 block high check. AIs go after middle, then weakest of low/high. Favors the low, since if they destroyed med/high, they would have to jump.
                                gz sounds good

Comment

Working...
                                X