Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

This is the Alpha 17 development discussions thread where you can discuss all matters pertaining to A17 development. You can ask the developers questions and give feedback and share ideas.

Each week all developer responses from the previous week will be moved to the Official A17 Developer Diary for Developers which is a locked thread. In this way discussions between developers and players can happen unimpeded until they run their course and then the comments of the developers can be put in one place for easy reading later.

In addition, updates by other staff members will also be made to the official development diary. We hope that in this way the community can still have an enjoyable time discussing Alpha 17 without diluting the news from the developers.

Two questions I am curious about:

1. Are there any plans to fix silent enemies? I am all for a challenge but a horde of five silent dogs or wolves/direwolves coming up behind you is pretty much instadeath and pointless from a gameplay standpoint.

2. Any word on whether the Behemoth is going to make it into A17?

+1 Yes please - distant howling and/or barking noise at hordespawn can't be impossible to implement.

Hi Guys, I just wanted open up discussion of Alpha 17. Sorry we have been tight lipped about it, but I wanted to try something different this time where we talk about finished or work in progress features rather than stuff we simply planned. This leads to less frustration because usually once something is started we finish it, where its easy to plan a bunch of stuff and have it slip through the cracks, which is disappointing for all of us.

I will say we're ramping up the team, we've hired two new senior programmers, a concept artist, an environment artist, a designer, and we have about 5 new full time world builders. I'll begin showing stuff on youtube real soon. I have two keyboards hooked up at the same time now so I can annoy people if I want, or use the quiet keyboard if I want :)

5 new full time world builders? Are we talking new maps, RWG improvements, new POI's, etc.

I heard a rumor that there would be a new Blood Moon Adjuster profession with perks in assessing base damage costs, spike replacement costs, and turret ammo reimbursement allocations. As long as you take comprehensive screenshots of your base before horde night you could wind up with a nice amount of dukes to spend a few days after horde night-- or you could end up with nothing due to a bureaucratic technicality.

I think Guppy is consulting on this....

I heard a rumor that there would be a new Blood Moon Adjuster profession with perks in assessing base damage costs, spike replacement costs, and turret ammo reimbursement allocations. As long as you take comprehensive screenshots of your base before horde night you could wind up with a nice amount of dukes to spend a few days after horde night-- or you could end up with nothing due to a bureaucratic technicality.

Do we save 15% or more if we switch to him?

Also do you take my insurance?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22720[/ATTACH]

Yay Im loving this game so far, here is some ideas Ive got.

Ideas storm:

New backpacks (bigger ones or improvable)

New Weather conditions (Like natural disasters)

Meele with you gun? Like "Press "x" to hit a zed with your no ammo gun xD"

Moar vehicles and/or the ability to take someone with you in your bike maybe?

(This is already there in the comments)A button to delete blocks on creative mode

Dye for clothes

More guns variants, like rifles, shotguns, pistols,etc...

Military zombies with actual military loot or something instead of the usual "empty" or "rocket launcher"

Prefab Long external walls, wood, stone, iron, whatever... Long external Doors...

The posibility to choose the size of a Random Gen Map, maybe if your going to play with 3 or 4 buddies you don't needa 50000 km map, its a waste of resources.

More birds fauna? No only the zombie vulture.

Water Flooded zones?

A better more intuitive UI menu, inventory?

A way to make cable management? I mean, they'r so tedious.

And I am using one of those mods but it would be nice if it were actual part of the game that worked with everything and not as it is at the moment.

The devs have said when backpacks are added you will start with a smaller bag and the current space you have is biggest bag.

I honestly don't understand why loot issues are so tough for people. It's easy to place a chest to store stuff and you shouldn't be able to carry 100 items on you.

From upon his throne...

Hi Guys, I just wanted open up discussion of Alpha 17. Sorry we have been tight lipped about it, but I wanted to try something different this time where we talk about finished or work in progress features rather than stuff we simply planned. This leads to less frustration because usually once something is started we finish it, where its easy to plan a bunch of stuff and have it slip through the cracks, which is disappointing for all of us.

I will say we're ramping up the team, we've hired two new senior programmers, a concept artist, an environment artist, a designer, and we have about 5 new full time world builders. I'll begin showing stuff on youtube real soon. I have two keyboards hooked up at the same time now so I can annoy people if I want, or use the quiet keyboard if I want :)

Bow Dropper! Your back. ;)

Good to see you all are ramping it up.

Two keyboards? Are you working twice as fast? ;)

Please use the annoying keyboard. I love that. lol

But seriously. Looking forward to seeing what's coming up next.

Water, n optimization, glad to hear rgmixer has dedicated team. Would love to see Slaanhattan work in 17. Other wise you guz have took alot of my time with modding and servermanagement, this is like crack to some of us. Might have to open a support group for 7D2D addicts. Bought like 7 copies to pass arounf to friend and families, my have to start with friendamies next.

last post on A16 talk

I would like it if the higher gamestage zombies just hit harder but not a zillion hit points. Also something I'd like to see is a possibilty to get "dismounted" off you bike when you hit something or something hits you. Bring back the damage you can do with the bike but add a risk of getting knocked off and stunned. Just way too safe on the bike

Hey MM,

can we get an option for choosing weather in A17? good, mixed, bad - or good and mixed?

Hear, hear! I have to fit my exploring in between more urgent tasks, such as looting for stuff I need, mining and base building. So it is annoying AS HELL when I go out just to explore, and all I can see is the boulder right in front of me.

Archived