Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chunks on land claims resetting completely ruining bases....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey another day another partial base reset.20190208102844_1.jpg

Comment

1234 If you look closely you can see the wires of the electric fence still attached to nothing. 1000 Duke bet that when i replace the missing turret in the exact same spot it'll be filled with ghost ammo.
      Edit: and it filled with ammo from the turret that was reset. Wouldn't read about it.
      Last edited by styxs; 02-08-2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone, I had exactly the same problem, we were playing with two more friends, and from one moment to the next, we see a sign that told us that our beds had disappeared, when we went to see the base, the whole top from the base had disappeared, only the walls had remained. The amazing thing was also that when digging, our base underground was intact with everything. The problem was that it was day 14 and we did not have how to defend ourselves from the blood moon and decided to stop playing until it was fixed. I saw that the experimental version 17.2 came out, but nowhere do I see that this error is mentioned by any side. It seems a very serious bug and should be fixed as soon as possible. Since losing all your base is no joke.

The only thing I can contribute is that the game was never closed, from one moment to the next, the card appeared and the beds disappeared. And if we had a Claim Block, but underground, which did not disappear.

As a player of 7 days to die, I ask you to please fix this bug, whatever it is so we can play again.

Greetings.
        Last edited by LocoXXII; 02-14-2019, 06:36 PM.

Comment

So coming into my base I see the old and the new. Then I see then new base crumble. This is the 2nd time I've seen this. Eventually my base will be a 1x1 just to be safe.20190206030346_1.jpg

Comment

This is also happening in single player. Im on day 38 and my base has been reset 7 different times. Just seems like items in storage is causing the rest. I had stored everything in 12 containers. went out to do a quest come back and get the ERR code. saying that the cannot load chunkx, chunkY, saying the chunk has a length of 90000 by 90000 and cannot load past 9000. I always seems like where ever items are stored, it is resetting. happened both in non modded and modded versions. not only is this game breaking but very very frustrating, when you go out a gather resources and come back and nothing,

Comment

It keeps happening to my games. In some games it happened at day 3. Right now I`m building my base in 2 locations. The first with all my loot and the second with the workbenches, cement mixers, forges and chemistry stations. Is there any development for a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxley View Post
                I would assume that there is much higher chance of land claim/electricity/high traffic or something like that causing chunk reset, then a decoration that does not do anything, just sits there and has no other function (not saying that it could not be a problem/cause in your case, just that I find it unlikely). And since there is (if land claim causes it) maybe like 5% chance it might be hard to replicate and probably address (we had probably like 30+ active land claims on server during the time and only 2 caused problems? ... and by now 200+ land claims over time - big server with plenty of players and I did not register any other chunk resets). It could also be caused by a combination of factors. Still a big problem for me, I am not gonna use land claims any more - since I think they are causing it (I would rly hate heaving to rebuild part of my huge castle because of a chunk reset and even 1% chance would be too much for me - especially on PvE server where I dont rly need land claim).
                Nope this happens in single player mode also.... lost two bases now....

Comment

A known issue being worked on in regards to the chuck reset/base deletion issue some of you have unfortunately seen.
                  This is a result of forges getting bugged with too many resources.
                  Please keep an eye on the quantity of resources being input into them. Keep the number below 30,000 units.
                  Canceling the craft of the same material being smelted in will result in numbers above 30,000.
                  This will cause an error and the game will then reset the chunk that contains your forge.
                  Moving your forge to a location away from your main base may be a good idea until this is fixed.
                  We are working to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by schwanz9000 View Post
                    A known issue being worked on in regards to the chuck reset/base deletion issue some of you have unfortunately seen.
                    This is a result of forges getting bugged with too many resources.
                    Please keep an eye on the quantity of resources being input into them. Keep the number below 30,000 units.
                    Canceling the craft of the same material being smelted in will result in numbers above 30,000.
                    This will cause an error and the game will then reset the chunk that contains your forge.
                    Moving your forge to a location away from your main base may be a good idea until this is fixed.
                    We are working to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Either the forges arent the culprit here, or once a chunk has been reset, that chunk is boned for the rest of the time on that save. I had this issue in SP and found this post. I rebuilt my base and set up a forge building in the next chunk over. I went out to loot and when i came back to base the same chunk reset again with 0 forges in the chunk anywhere.

Comment

I've stopped playing altogether because of this issue. Every time it has happened, i've gotten an 'invalid spawn' error. Hope it gets sorted soon...

Comment

This issue has been resolved for quite some time now.

Schwanz9000

Comment

Working...
                        X