18 b4 - Non stop multiple screamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theFlu View Post
    Actually, yeah, that sounds kinda nice. Maybe mostly normals instead of screamers, spawning in at around the current screamer rate, having something like 10-20% chance to be a screamer?
    Ok, but 90-80% to be a feral

Comment

Sounds good to me

Comment

You guys are essentially describing horde night. We already have that. Just put on longest day length, longest night time, horde daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostlight View Post
          God please no. This change is actually a step in the right direction of ACTUALLY HAVING SOME ZOMBIES IN YOUR ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE GAME. It makes the game semi-interesting when you are hanging around your base or building. Please do not change it back.
          I'm actually ok for this. Keep them coming !
          -SP : bring turrets to cover your ass while building and base sitting.
          -MP : organize your party -> worker(s) and a scout/sniper covering our ass(es)

My main concer is about the heat generated by torchs, space it out a bit. And that's because if screamers continue to bring zeds around my home at this rate (every 2~irl min so 30-36min IG); we are going to kill half the map supposed population in 5 days at most.

And that screamers poping is from a basic setup day 10-11. When seeing the guys before with 8 forges and stuff ; I don't want to imagine what it could be for us :'D

Summary : ok for Zeds, not for the whole town coming on a daily basis !

Comment

Originally posted by Adr View Post
            Hi,

Is this a halloween event?

Logged into my Single player this morning which i started on b2 and suddenly I have constant screamers calling in zombies and I mean constant...... all day.

Suddenly noticed I Was on B4 - ok new start then.

Started a MP map with my mates on my dedi server and from about mid afternoon day 1 screamers started appearing and from that moment on it was constant. Multiple screamers at once calling in zombies.

We were averaging dozens of zombies at once and the more we killed the more came.

It was fun for a bit but then with absolutely no chance to stop and do anything it quickly became annoying - especially once we were all out of ammo and had no way to get anymore.

It is centred around the base we put up but we turned off the forge to no avail...

Anyone else seeing a constant stream of multiple screamers at once start today?

Or is it some kind of Halloween event?

Cheers,

Adr
            It is because too many people were saying there were no zombies in the world and it felt empty... =)

Edit: Well I was late to the party on this one
            Last edited by HungryZombie; 10-30-2019, 12:42 PM. Reason: Late comment

Comment

There are no zombies in the world and it feels empty...

Comment

God please no. This change is actually a step in the right direction of ACTUALLY HAVING SOME ZOMBIES IN YOUR ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE GAME. It makes the game semi-interesting when you are hanging around your base or building. Please do not change it back.
                agree and disagree. In mine and my friend's 2 player co op game, if the forge, campfire, or chem station are active, we get screamers...one after the other, steadily (as in, one spawns, wanders over in it's own sweet time, dies, and another immediately spawns and wanders over). This happens when ANY ONE of those stations is on, and it happens within 1 minute of it being turned on.

Now I kinda liked it too...I mean after all, it makes sense! smoke rising and all that, zombies attracted to signs of survivors. Plus it meant we had to be able to fight off approaching zombies on a smaller scale than horde night, but all the time.

That being said, I was out exploring and my friend was back at the base....and stuck at the base....and still stuck at the base...

The screamers could break through the doors and get in and wreck everything if he left....and since the spawn was constant, he couldn't kill the screamer and then immediately leave so the chunk would unload and he'd be free to explore...because as soon as he killed one, we'd have more inbound. We're both in the mid-20s...we don't have electricity yet, don't have automated defenses to chop up approaching zombies. We also don't have a cheaty entrance to our base (you know...an obvious entrance that players don't use that's a long string of spikes, where we just make a jump).

I'm all for the screamers being more prevalent and challenging...but how are we supposed to play the game. Having one of us on guard duty in the base at all times isn't going to be fun. He was getting sick of it quickly, and I sure as hell don't want to just wait around for a screamer every 2-3 minutes.

Comment

Day 3, 1 forge and 1 torch, non stop screamers from morning to night. Come back from jobs, they are beating on the walls, lol. I may replace screamer spawn with stags, eat forever.

Comment

We were enjoying the extra zombie activity at first, it was good xp, even some loot now and then. Eventually, it was so much, and so often that we were out of arrows, bolts, ammo, and the next night was horde night. We couldn't even get back into our base due to all the screamers and zombies they had spawned. It was fun, yes, but we all just died repeatedly.

Comment

As I reported in the other heat-related thread, Forges are MUCH worse than Torches now.

Summary of my results: 90 min days
                      16 Torches and no other heat source = Screamer every 25 mins (3.5 Screamers per full day cycle)
                      16 Torches + 2 Forges = Screamer every 6 mins (15 Screamers per full day cycle)

Still not enough Screamers dammit; at least for a 90 min day. ;P

Seriously, sounds like the root of the problem is the Screamers spawn rate does not scale well with day length so people on shorter days are getting too many to have a social life at the same time, and people on longer days are getting too few to make things interesting.

And btw, if your base cannot auto-kill Screamers without them screaming, and at the same time requiring no input from you as it does it, you are doing it wrong. I mean a simple 10x10 concrete box with a few rows of Iron Spikes all round on all sides will insta-kill any Screamer that comes near. I actually think they should considerably increase Screamer HP for this reason.
                      Last edited by Ghostlight; 10-30-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

2 forges, workbench and chemstation going: screamer about every 90 seconds.

yeah, sumthins broked.

Comment

I'm having the same feelikng too. Screamers started to harrass me in higher numbers now

Comment

Note: The heat map also catalogues a bunch of different actions, not just merely auger, etc etc.

I'm hoping this is a Halloween thing. Two reasons: The first being Halloween! The second being, once Halloween is done, we can get back to our regular non-insane hordes. Actually, now that I think about it.. is there such a thing as a non-insanity horde?

We wILL NevER KnoWWwwwwWWWwww?!?!

Comment

And btw, if your base cannot auto-kill Screamers without them screaming, and at the same time requiring no input from you as it does it, you are doing it wrong. I mean a simple 10x10 concrete box with a few rows of Iron Spikes all round on all sides will insta-kill any Screamer that comes near. I actually think they should considerably increase Screamer HP for this reason.
                              I'm floored by this.

"If you can't do X, then you're doing it wrong."

yet in the "Fortitude damage is garbage" thread, it's you saying "i refuse to do X" and insisting you're not doing it wrong.

spikes break, and fairly quickly....and require you to have an alternate route in. That means you have to build a jump or something else that abuses the zombie AI in order to enter your own base, which, by your own admission in the other thread, is something you absolutely refuse to do.

Screamers are fine in general. In THIS ALPHA, they're so plentiful that you either abuse the AI or don't leave your base. That's a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Limdood View Post
                                I'm floored by this.

"If you can't do X, then you're doing it wrong."

yet in the "Fortitude damage is garbage" thread, it's you saying "i refuse to do X" and insisting you're not doing it wrong.

spikes break, and fairly quickly....and require you to have an alternate route in. That means you have to build a jump or something else that abuses the zombie AI in order to enter your own base, which, by your own admission in the other thread, is something you absolutely refuse to do.

Screamers are fine in general. In THIS ALPHA, they're so plentiful that you either abuse the AI or don't leave your base. That's a problem.
                                I agree. Horde night repairs are enough grind of that kind for me. We'll probably get the occasional bandit raid from time to time in the future, which I think would be awesome and I will be willing to accept more repairing and defense replacing to have it.
                                Ghostlight's arguments revolve around that he wants more world zombies. This isn't world zombies. This is a very weak, but continuous horde night focused on one location. This is a bug that just happens to put a band-aid on those wants, but it's a horrible solution. It's like a 3D version of Space Invaders and gets old fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X