Crash 10-30 Seconds after loading into world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash Crash 10-30 Seconds after loading into world

Not sure what has changed recently, as I was previously able to play for at least an hour or two without experiencing crashes. Now whenever I load in I get about 10-30 seconds before the game crashes to desktop. I've tried to do a generated world and the default new game world, happens on both. Turned off anti-cheat, validated game files, reinstalled, dropped overclocks. Looking through the log and event viewer, I see d3d11.dll errors with "failed to create buffer" "failed to create 2d texture" and "InvalidOperationException: Cannot access the data as it is not available". I've put the game folder in the antivirus exclusion list as well. I switched from dx11 to openGL and that got me to about a minute before it crashed with a TDR error.

CPU: Ryzen 1700
    GPU: 1080 ti
    Ram: 16 gigs
    Display: 3440 x 1440 120 hz

Log File: https://pastebin.com/fWFfsces
    Last edited by Smoovejazz; 01-16-2020, 02:13 AM.

You need to install an actual GPU driver. Your Windows update screwed it up.
    https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/156281

Also would not recommend running 1440p on that CPU. try 1080p for stability.

Comment

I'm not sure why you think I don't have a GPU driver installed, but I updated it again just to be sure, along with lowering the resolution (I updated windows to try to solve the problem, it was happening previously.). Didn't notice a change. Also it has been handling 3440 x 1440 just fine prior to this latest crashing situation.

Comment

You have a ton of directx errors in that log. Somethings wonky with the driver.
        From the launcher, try starting with GLCore and see if it is any different.

ddu is a great app for cleaning up display driver garbage.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Comment

I've already installed the driver using DDU, and mentioned I switched from DX11 to the GLCore renderer in the first post. That got me about an extra minute before crashing and displays "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware".

Comment

Originally posted by Smoovejazz View Post
            I'm not sure why you think I don't have a GPU driver installed, but I updated it again just to be sure, along with lowering the resolution (I updated windows to try to solve the problem, it was happening previously.). Didn't notice a change. Also it has been handling 3440 x 1440 just fine prior to this latest crashing situation.
            Because 9/10 times we see those errors, it is because Windows update replaced the GPU driver with the "Microsoft Certified" driver version, which does not have Direct3D support.

Comment

To update on this, I dropped down to the 18.0 build and don't seem to be getting any more crashes so I'm going to assume there's something broken in 18.2 for me. Thanks for trying to assist.

Comment

Working...
              X