System Memory: n/r
    GPU Model and VRAM: n/r
    Screen Resolution: n/r
    Video Settings: n/r
    Game mode: SP NAV

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? Yes (this is a modding bug)
    EAC on or off? off

Bug Description: When using the insertAfter tag on modlets, the lines being inserted get reverted on the destination.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Create a modlet with the following entityclasses.xml:
    Code:
    <config>
      <insertAfter xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='DamageModifier'][@tags='head'][1]">
        <passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_set" value="2.5" tags="head"/>
        <passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_set" value="0.4" tags="zombie"/>
      </insertAfter>
    </config>
    2) Start new game
    3) Run exportcurrentconfigs in the console

Actual result: Lines show up like this:

Code:
      <passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_set" value="0.4" tags="zombie"><!--Element inserted by: "Insane Zombies"--></passive_effect>
      <passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_set" value="2.5" tags="head"><!--Element inserted by: "Insane Zombies"--></passive_effect>
    Expected result: Lines show up like this:
    Code:
      <passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_set" value="2.5" tags="head"><!--Element inserted by: "Insane Zombies"--></passive_effect>
      <passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_set" value="0.4" tags="zombie"><!--Element inserted by: "Insane Zombies"--></passive_effect>

Comment

Originally posted by Yordheel View Post
      Summary: Asphalt looks like dirt on Alpha 18.3 (b4) [Or other dirt-ish block, like block of sand or whatever.]
      Spoiler: 

Game Version: A18.3(b4)
      Platform: PC
      OS/Version: Windows 7 (64-bit)
      CPU Model: Intel i5-4460 @3.20 GHz
      System Memory: 16 GB
      GPU Model and VRAM: GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
      Screen Resolution: 1360x768
      Video Settings: Tested on my own Custom setting and Ultra setting, though it doesn't really matter I think, result is the same.
      Game mode: MP Host

Did you wipe old saves? Snapped them Thanos style.
      Did you start a new game? This is a brand new server-game started three-ish weeks ago.
      Did you validate your files? Yes, sir! Nothing missing, all good, bene, sehr gut!
      Are you using any mods? Tested with and without mods, still an issue my dear sir!
      EAC on or off? On and on!

Bug Description: So, I want to make a nice asphalt road to our base, but when I place down asphalt it morphs into dirt block of said biome. When I place asphalt over an existing road though it looks normal, so it's not an issue with a missing texture I'd say. I checked sand block as well, it too becomes a dirt-grass block when placed.

1. Go miles into the desert to dig up some oil shells.
      2. Find oil, mine it, return to base.
      3. Mix it up in a cement mixer, create the asphalt block
      4. Try to put it down, to create your own road, and it poof, becomes a grass block. It has 1500 hp, it gives you stone when you mine it, but it looks like a grass/dirt block.

Actual result: Game goes Thanos: "Reality can be whatever I want" and makes asphalt/sand look like grass/block of said biome, but doesn't affect the asphalt texture over a road.

Expected result: I want a nice asphalt road to our base, and all I get is GRASS. God dang it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31333[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]31334[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]31335[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]31336[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]31337[/ATTACH]

This is a known issue with the way the maps are generated now. It will be changed in an future update.
      Schwanz9000
      In fact, it's seem like that with all block ID which starts with __ <block name="terr __ towards each other between them...
      Last edited by Life_For_Dead; 02-08-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Still no help?

I've tried running the game through GeoforceNow and it crashes in there as well...

Comment

Multi dim (more than one block, fridge is an example) Placeholder blocks that spawn in prefabs only have colliders/can interact on the first block.

Go shoot/punch the top of a prefab spawned fridge. You'll hit the block behind it.

Manually placing the block works fine, as does using it in biome/road spawns, just not prefab placeholders.

This has been fixed in A18.4 B3 EXP.

Schwanz9000
          Last edited by schwanz9000; 02-10-2020, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xyth View Post
            Each tag should have a unique path to that bodypart. Its likely a copy/paste error. Thanks for letting them know.
            It was a bug with player, rabbit, dog, zombie, wolf, bear, mountain lion.

Didn't break anything, but lower arm hits would hit the upper arm, so you could not chop off lower arms.

Fixed for A19.

Comment

Artifacts &amp; invisible objects

Summary: Artifacts & invisible objects
              Spoiler: 

Game Version: 18.3b4
              Platform: PC
              OS/Version: Windows
              CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
              System Memory: 64 GB
              GPU Model and VRAM: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Ftw3 Ultra && 11GB VRAM
              Screen Resolution: 3440x1440
              Video Settings: Ultra-Custom: Motion Blur is Off & View Distance is on Medium everything else is on Ultra.
              Game mode: MP host RWG (assuming RWG means random generated world)

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
              Did you start a new game? Yes
              Did you validate your files? No
              Are you using any mods? No
              EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: Artifacts & invisible objects

1)
              While playing I will see random artifacts like a pink shield square when a candle is out & equipped to my friends hand in the game.
              log for "2020-02-02" with pink artifact (included screenshots)
              2)
              While chopping trees down, the trees would become invisible.
              log for "2020-02-05" should be the one with the trees becoming invisible with & without chopping wood. (included screenshots)

Included all logs just in case. You can easily download the zip or download the folder with all the files; whatever is more convenient.
              LOGS: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...bc?usp=sharing

Actual result: Randomly works. Some trees are invisible. The light shows as a pink artifact.

Expected result: The opposite, none of which should occur obviously.

NOTE:
              Unfortunately, this process is very convoluted to share logs for bug reports & this will be the first & last one I make as it's wasting my time to help more effectively. I would recommend to make this as painless as possible for folks who want to help improve the game by uploading a bug ticket and being able to drop all the attachments to one case instead of manually copy/paste to pastebin per file as it's needlessly difficult when there are easier methods. In fact, I'm recreating this case just because apparently I didn't create this case in the right forum. Which brings up another topic that me trying to find out how to even create a bug ticket in the first place was such a hassle & as stated earlier I uploaded it to the wrong team apparently. The original ticket I created would be my recommendation for creating tickets to your team where the issue & the attachments can be imported as an AIO (All-In-One).
              As a reference to the bug ticket I made previously: request (#19166).

NOTE2:
              I will create more bug reports if this process could be easier.

NOTE3:
              Here is another bug I created also & it was easier to make b/c I could drop all files & issues into one page:
              https://7days.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/19168

#1 Pink candles for clients confirmed and reported
              #2 Trees invisible is a known issue

Schwanz9000
              Last edited by schwanz9000; 02-19-2020, 10:32 PM. Reason: Moved to correct thread

Comment

It seems this thread got closed when moving, I reopened it.

Comment

Summary: Basic Survival quest refers to uncraftable "Wooden Bow"

Spoiler: 
                  Game Version: A18.3 b4
                  Specs etc.: not relevant

Did you wipe old saves? No
                  Did you start a new game? No
                  Did you validate your files? No
                  Are you using any mods? No
                  EAC off

Bug Description: The starter quest instructs the player to "Craft a Wooden Bow and Arrows." However the wooden bow is locked behind a schematic and can't be crafted at this time.

1) Start a new game.
                  2) Proceed through the starter quest to Basic Survival 6/8 Craft Bow & Arrows.
                  3) Go to the Quests window and read the instructions.
                  4) Attempt to craft a "Wooden Bow" as instructed.

Actual result: The wooden bow cannot be crafted.

Expected result: The quest instructs the player to craft a "Primitive Bow."

P.S "Wooden Frames" in Basic Survival 7/8 should properly be called "Wood Frame Blocks" now, by the same principle.

Spoiler: 
                  1. quest shows you are missing the feather. (shouldnt stop from crafting a bow)

2. are you saying you cant craft the actual bow? where is log for this, it might have something in it.

3. i am able to craft bow and arrow in my a18.3b4 -
                  https://youtu.be/EvWoPaNlKoY

QA Tester-unholyjoe

Thanks, Joe. But in the video, you craft the primitive bow, not the wooden bow as instructed in the screenshot. The bug isn’t actually with the gameplay, it’s with the text. The player is asked to craft the tier 2 wooden bow instead of the unlocked, tier 1 primitive bow.

ok, confirmed on wording and reported.

thanks

QA Tester-unholyjoe
                  Last edited by unholyjoe; 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Summary: (Possible bugs) "outlier" perc_set operations in items.xml.

Spoiler: 
                    Game Version: A18.3 b4

Bug Descriptions:
                    1) meleeToolHoeIron is the only item to use negative values for perc_set:
                    Code:
                    <passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_set" value=".1" tags="wood"/>
                    <passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_set" value="0" tags="earth,metal,cloth"/>

2) ammoCrossbowBoltSteelAP uses BlockDamage rather than DamageModifier like all other perc_set operations that change damage to specific materials:
                    Code:
                    <passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_set" value=".1" tags="wood"/>
                    <passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_set" value="0" tags="earth,metal,cloth"/>

1) Use regex to parse items.xml for lines containing perc_set
                    2) Use neocortex to interpret output

Actual findings: bugs and/or inconsistent coding

Expected findings: no bugs, consistent coding

Comment

Please use the new A18.4 stable thread for bug reports now.

Comment

Working...
                      X