Mining helmet disappearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mining helmet disappearing?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or me going completely insane, but twice now I've logged onto my single player world to discover my head feeling a bit drafty, only to look up and discover my mining helmet has taken an unannounced vacation. Has anyone else been experiencing sudden departure from their beloved mining helmets as well?

Yes, but I do believe mine broke.

Did you repair it?

Comment

Unless it went to the 7D2D Fight Club (which nobody should ever speak of), it was a healthy little thing, nice vibrant yellow coat of paint, flashlight shining like the little helmet that could. I miss it.. nights are dark and lonely now..

Comment

Never had something like this happened but this might be because i check my clothes/armor every night for dmg and repair it if necessary

But this:
        Originally posted by Brett View Post
        Unless it went to the 7D2D Fight Club (which nobody should ever speak of), it was a healthy little thing, nice vibrant yellow coat of paint, flashlight shining like the little helmet that could. I miss it.. nights are dark and lonely now..
        leads to another question:
        For me, it seems that chest, hands and legs are the only parts that actually take dmg. Other clothing/armor-parts get damaged too but never like the other parts. What about you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by mikroorganismus View Post
          For me, it seems that chest, hands and legs are the only parts that actually take dmg. Other clothing/armor-parts get damaged too but never like the other parts. What about you guys?
          Actually the ONLY thing I've ever had break was a mining helmet (clothing-wise... I've broken a million pick axes). At least I'm assuming it broke, it was pretty low on durability and then was gone next time I checked.

But a mining helmet is also one of those things I don't upgrade/replace. So while I'm replacing my chest and hands, etc. with nicer equipment I leave my hat the same- that's probably why it broke before chest plate, etc.
          Last edited by quigleyer; 07-29-2015, 12:19 AM.

Comment

yea apparently I guess I manage to bob and weave just enough for zombies to NEVER touch my head ware, but my torso seems to get abused like a smoker's wallet..

Comment

Originally posted by quigleyer View Post
              Actually the ONLY thing I've ever had break was a mining helmet (clothing-wise... I've broken a million pick axes). At least I'm assuming it broke, it was pretty low on durability and then was gone next time I checked.
              I think this is because a) mining helmets have no quality level and b) most of the dmg we take goes to chest, hands and head (doesn't matter if melee, ranged or just some blocks falling)

but if i'm right we can repair our (mining)-helmets now with metal strips. Always make sure to keep it in a good condition - a helmet in good condition gives more protection (and more light i heard - but don't know if this is true)

Comment

Originally posted by mikroorganismus View Post
                I think this is because a) mining helmets have no quality level and b) most of the dmg we take goes to chest, hands and head (doesn't matter if melee, ranged or just some blocks falling)

but if i'm right we can repair our (mining)-helmets now with metal strips. Always make sure to keep it in a good condition - a helmet in good condition gives more protection (and more light i heard - but don't know if this is true)
                Aw man, I JUST edited that post, sorry . The second paragraph/sentence is actually why I think mine broke before anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by quigleyer View Post
                  Aw man, I JUST edited that post, sorry . The second paragraph/sentence is actually why I think mine broke before anything else.
                  No problem man editing myself a lot
                  Well about your edit, this is totally reasonable since a) mining helmets have no quality level.
                  Therefore no way to get better ones or so. Even in endgame they're a pretty weak part of gear :/

I personally use them only when i go mining in a cave.
                  If im looting a dark POI i use a pistol with flashlight and wear some hat or whatever on my head which is easily recognizable in interactions with other players (i play MP most of the time, there it's easy to say "i'm the one with the base-cap, coming from north. Don't shot at me")
                  My mining-helmets i just repair after i used it and then put it back in my mining/tools-chest.
                  But if you need a new one you should easily find one by looting some nightstands/lockers

Comment

OP is right, sometimes when joining a single player world the equipped Mining Helmet disappears. I lost 2 of them that way in few days.

Not sure if it's random, or when both lights (Mining Helmet + Weapon lights) are On simultaneously when disconnecting, or whatever.
                    Last edited by T0urmy; 08-10-2015, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I have logged in to find my mining helmet gone as well and so has another person I discuss the game with regularly

Comment

I'd like to keep this thread alive in the hopes that it will be seen and addressed; I just started playing and found a mining helmet, which was a very exciting upgrade for me...I used it once, logged off for 15 minutes, and when I logged back in it was gone. VERY disappointed with this sudden turn of events, and not having found any equipment even close to that in stats makes it even worse!

Comment

Working...
                        X