980 gtx video crawls frame rate drops, only fix, reset in options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics 980 gtx video crawls frame rate drops, only fix, reset in options

Its odd , it seems to only happen on some servers. The frame rate drops to like 1 frame/sec, the only fix I have to go into options and change the vid to anything and hit apply that fixes it for a while then I have to do it again after some time. Sometimes a few minutes, sometimes it wont happen for hours. My CPU does not spike and the rest of my computer is fine.

24g ram
    i7
    ping to server 40 to 60 ms
    12gig up on internet service
    game is on SSD drive (lots of room left on the drive)
    GTX 980 drivers updated

12GB net service? damn son that impressive... but as for the i7... not enough info on that piece bro... i7 dual core, quad core?? hyper-threaded??? 2.5 or 4.2Ghz????

Comment

This happens for anyone no matter the hardware and has been posted about several times and I do hope that it gets fixed as it seems like a memory leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
        This happens for anyone no matter the hardware and has been posted about several times and I do hope that it gets fixed as it seems like a memory leak.
        Yes, it's a lack of proper garbage collection on VRAM, and has been a known issue for quite a while.

What's really funny though is that on lesser cards, it's not an issue. I don't get this at all on my GTX650Ti with 2GB VRAM.

Comment

So there is no work around other than resetting the vid every time it happens?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Karvoski View Post
          12GB net service? damn son that impressive... but as for the i7... not enough info on that piece bro... i7 dual core, quad core?? hyper-threaded??? 2.5 or 4.2Ghz????
          Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core But that should not matter since my cpu never spikes

Comment

try setting textures to quarter size. helped me on my 980ti to reduce stutter and weird fps drops.

Comment

Has this issue been fixed yet? I seen that the post is about 4 years old and I am having this issue with my GTX 980 TI. The drivers are up to date on the graphic card and I can run any other game with no FPS issue. This game however I struggle to get over 35 FPS. Here is the paste bin link.https://pastebin.com/6AZWWDzh

Please let me know if you need any more data on my PC. This is very frustrating because my wife has a very similar PC and this game runs well for her. I have copied her settings and the game still runs poorly.

Comment

Working...
              X