No announcement yet.

Driving illness - Auger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I mine, I dig a whole straight down, THEN mine upwards at an angle to ground. Helps me find the ore patch faster.

...but I'm slow, it took me a while to figure out I needed to bring enough mats to build more tools.

Comment

I use to mine directly to bedrock and then pick a direction and just dig and dig. I found out later it was better to dig down until about 8 or 10 blocks or so above bedrock and then tunnel. I had an easier time mining ore that way instead of finding pockets of it at bedrock and to have to keep mining up.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurelius View Post
        I'm on board with the op's request, but not because I have driving illness.

I think the auger jumping around is stupid annoying. And for those who want to pipe up and say "but real augers shake when you use them!" - it's a zombie game; the realism argument doesn't hold up. Making the screen shake like a fat kid on a jello tower adds nothing to the game play.

-A
        A lot of people like having the stuff that can be realistic to be realistic even if the ge is based on something thats not, that being said, the auger would not jump around to the point of not digging straight after you get a hole started so it shaking isnt realistic anyway unless youre trying to mine air with it

Comment

Well in real life you're not holding an auger like that, so... How real do you want?

Comment

I think the auger in the game works more like a jackhammer than an auger

Comment

Originally posted by Gamida View Post
              I think the auger in the game works more like a jackhammer than an auger
              This exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
                Well in real life you're not holding an auger like that, so... How real do you want?
                If you made an auger to hold like that you would be, but an auger that digs through stone is usually called a drill anyway. Augers are for dirt
                i was just stating that it jumping around isnt realistic

Edit- i didnt say I want it to be realistic either i was just saying some people do, im imdifferent to it..... enless they give us an excavator, then it better be a CAT
                Last edited by JrBradley; 03-03-2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

My thing was that holding an auger (aka post hole digger, you're right about that) sideways for more than 10 seconds, is going to get you some jumping around.

You're 100% right; It's completely the wrong tool, but there IS no hand tool equivalent that will do what the thing on 7days does.

I'm all for not making it shake around, btw.

Comment

I know you are hah you already basically said that

Comment

Originally posted by JrBradley View Post
                      Augers are for dirt
                      And ice.

Comment

Now, but they were invented for dirt

Comment

Working...
                        X