Driving illness - Auger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Driving illness - Auger

I didnt know where to post it and it is not a bug.

I got driving illness so it is not all kinds of 3D games that I can play.
    I can play World Of Tanks, Jedi Academy, Counter Strike and (7 Days to die untill a certain point).
    I spend many hours on this game without any problems and never really used the auger or chainsaw. When I finally did use it, it triggered my driving illness, because of the screen is jumping a lot. That didnt happen when I was using the other tools.
    I hope that the team can add an option or change the code so the Screen stops jumping because it triggers my illness otherwise I have to abandon the game & I dont want to abandon the game since I love it.
    Thank you for reading this.

Not trying to sound like an a-hole but just don't use the auger. Not just a recommendation. I myself don't use the auger and play with other who don't use the auger and we have just as much fun as anyone else. We make mines and tunnels to towns without it. I always hated the fact I couldn't keep the auger steady and was digging out stones I never wanted to so I just gave up on it and that was months and months ago. Plus I found it a gas hog. Then again I also don't use chainsaw and have rarely ever used the minibike. Maybe I am motor-phobic

Comment

It's true. When we don't want gam in an area we place motors on the ground and he stays away.

Also, I agree with gam. I get what you're saying, but overall augers aren't worth it anyway.

One thing you can try is sitting farther back from the monitor, so that more objects that are NOT moving are in your field of view.

Comment

GUPPY! I knew you were lying when you said that field of engines must have just been growing wild...

7DTD is too good a game to give up on just because of the auger. Stick it out and I am sure you will enjoy it just as much without it.

Comment

I'm on board with the op's request, but not because I have driving illness.

I think the auger jumping around is stupid annoying. And for those who want to pipe up and say "but real augers shake when you use them!" - it's a zombie game; the realism argument doesn't hold up. Making the screen shake like a fat kid on a jello tower adds nothing to the game play.

-A

Comment

Yeh, and that it doesn't always hit the target blows, too.

Comment

A little trick for using an Auger.

Do not hold down the LMB and go go go.

Tap it, slowly. It gives you more control and the screen doesn't shake as much. It also seems to use less gas, but that's not confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Glimpse View Post
                It also seems to use less gas, but that's not confirmed.
                That might be lag with the rays colliding with terrain voxels that are still in the process of deconstructing. Wild guess...

Comment

As Glimpse has suggested and that is what I do as well. Tap, don't hold. Use it like a pickaxe minus the animation cooldown.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz View Post
                    That might be lag with the rays colliding with terrain voxels that are still in the process of deconstructing. Wild guess...
                    Anything is possible, or GS, OCE and I could just be crazy.

Little column A little column B maybe.

Comment

Have you tried not wearing that cap when using an auger?

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz View Post
                        Have you tried not wearing that cap when using an auger?
                        Yes, but then the radio waves get into my brain and make me want to do silly things, like join a public server, or carry on conversations with people in real life, which is just weird.

Comment

.. you could mine upwards with the Auger, since the recoil stops at 90* ;d

Comment

Originally posted by SxR View Post
                            .. you could mine upwards with the Auger, since the recoil stops at 90* ;d
                            I had many, many deaths digging upwards lol and not only when I used an auger.

Comment

Not to mention it's easier to mine downwards to get ores.

I'm going to start quarrying instead of mining.

Comment

Working...
                              X