Movement stutter / frame lag while at 60+fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by netopier View Post
    This problem is only with alpha11. My server is currently running 30min and is on 3FPS (lol) with only 5 players online. On alpha10 I was able to handle 32 players with about 40fps on server.

Neto.
    Ya, servers have a ton of issues too, but that's not what this topic is about. It's about stutters and lost frames while maintaining 60+ fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
      Ya, servers have a ton of issues too, but that's not what this topic is about. It's about stutters and lost frames while maintaining 60+ fps.
      So Fox are you getting any of the shaking or stutter when crouching like in my video?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberman2003 View Post
        So Fox are you getting any of the shaking or stutter when crouching like in my video?
        I don't know... been too busy moderating the forums and irc to have time to do other things like play games and stuff.

Comment

I don't know... been too busy moderating the forums and irc to have time to do other things like play games and stuff.
          Gotcha my bad man. Sorry wasn't trying to bug ya or anything, didn't think about that. Hope everything goes ok for ya!

Comment

I just retested after i fully updated my Win7 OS (just in case .net was out of date) and a fresh install of 7D2D. Absolute lowest setting still gives me these studders. I'm talking about quarter texture, the lowest resolution setting and everything off. I'm going back to playing FC4 on Ultra...

i7-2600k
            8gb 1333
            980 gtx
            120hz monitor

Comment

I know, and what Im trying to say is, that I think these shudders in alpha 11 are mostly caused because of server FPS drop (in MP).
              My client is on 60FPS and server 3FPS = lost frames, other players teleporting etc...
              Until FPS drop on server, everything works nice and smoothly.

Comment

I know, and what Im trying to say is, that I think these shudders in alpha 11 are mostly caused because of server FPS drop (in MP).
                My client is on 60FPS and server 3FPS = lost frames, other players teleporting etc...
                Until FPS drop on server, everything works nice and smoothly.
                What would be causing this in single player though? Mine does it regardless of what kind of server or SP or MP I'm in.

Comment

What would be causing this in single player though? Mine does it regardless of what kind of server or SP or MP I'm in.
                  Something what is same for server side and also singleplayer. For example world generating etc... Dont know where is that bug in alpha11.
                  In alpha 10 I could do the same with stonebug on MP server and sigleplayer also. Bug caused same problem like these framedrops in alpha 11.

Neto.

Comment

I'm getting the same thing I think. 55-60fps no problem, but it feels a heck of a lot jerkier, especially in cities. If I swing my view around quickly, it's like I can see it updating the same edges repeatedly, which is what I'd call stuttering. Happens even when I turn detail down, reflections & shadows off.

In A10, my fps would drop sometimes into the 30s, but it was always smoother.

Setup: i7-5820k (6 core), 32Gm DDR4, GTX980.
                    Resolution: 3840x2160 / 60hz

Comment

Something what is same for server side and also singleplayer. For example world generating etc... Dont know where is that bug in alpha11.
                      In alpha 10 I could do the same with stonebug on MP server and sigleplayer also. Bug caused same problem like these framedrops in alpha 11.

Neto.
                      I can help test this theory. Silly question because I havn't messed with my dedicated much. Where can I see the server fps? Do i need a manager to do that?
                      Thanks

Comment

I finally got a chance to try it out, and yes... both crouching and jumping. All part of the same issue.

Comment

Well..at least it's not just me. Game is not playable when you have to try and punch zombies with this happening.

Win 8.1 x64
                          AMD FX 8350
                          16GB RAM
                          Nvidia GTX 660
                          Crucial MX100 SSD

Comment

I7 920@ 2.66ghz
                            GTX 670
                            Windows 7 64bit
                            8gigs ram (only 5.5gb used while running)
                            5500rpm hard disk

I get stutter that gets better as I move around chunks that have already finished loading. Stutter is worst when first spawning in world, spacing between stutter is about 2-3 seconds while walking. Listed FPS is between 40 and 60. I have not tried moving into highly populated areas or cities yet due to greatly increased difficulty curve. Since I use a hard disk could this be related to load speeds or not?

Comment

FX 8320
                              GTX 660
                              W7 64bit
                              8gb ram

Getting usual micro freezes in game, especially when moving to new area, when it loads new terrain chunk, it feels like it loads something (off HDD?) and game remains frozen until it finished. Been an issue for me in all game versions, A11 gives much better FPS yet micro freezes and stutter remains.

Comment

Just putting it out there... A11.1 doesn't fix this issue at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X