Movement stutter / frame lag while at 60+fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zintage View Post
    I was testing the settings yesterday to see how my screen would look at max settings and apparently the stuttering occurred after that. Resetting the settings did not help. Now I'm forever stuttering!!! Super fail. Save us development!!
    I doubt they ever will... at least not on purpose anyways.

Comment

Alpha 13... the stutter issues are even worse now. Thank you devs for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
        Alpha 13... the stutter issues are even worse now. Thank you devs for that!
        Confirm ! i can't play with MAX settings in FULL HD game drops FPS in city from 60 to 7

I've to take out reflections and shadow to have always a decent framerate.

My PC handle all other games without problems.....so its time to speed up the engine.

I5 4690 4Ghz
        16GB ram ddr3 2400Mhz
        ASUS VII HERO
        2x GTX 780ti 3GB
        SSD 850 pro Samsung

Comment

Im sure we can all confirm this bug.

I get a constant 45 FPS yet HORRIBLE stuttering. Everybody on my server experiences this as well.

Also, when players join or leave the server hits a HUGE lag spike. With around 4-5 players its okay, but with like 6-15 its nuts and the server crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by supercioni View Post
            Confirm ! i can't play with MAX settings in FULL HD game drops FPS in city from 60 to 7

I've to take out reflections and shadow to have always a decent framerate.

My PC handle all other games without problems.....so its time to speed up the engine.

I5 4690 4Ghz
            16GB ram ddr3 2400Mhz
            ASUS VII HERO
            2x GTX 780ti 3GB
            SSD 850 pro Samsung
            That's a completely different issue to what this relates to. This issue relates to ppl getting 60fps or better but still receive a constant non-stop stutter animation instead of a fluent movement. Your issue just relates to the game not supporting SLI yet, and predictably bad game optimizations since it's an Alpha game.

Comment

Hey Survivors!

Thanks for your feedback and all those detailed reports.

Sorry for the long delay on that, but -sadly- things get lost from time to time

I've created a ticket for that issue in our bug tracker. We will find the reason for the bug and fix it.

Comment

Hey guys!
                I'm pretty sure I know what is causing this stutter. It's the new sound system. If you pay a close attention you will notice that the stutter occurs just before some sound is about to be played. Looks like the sounds are not cached (or only few are) and the game read them from hdd almost everytime it need to play them. The game waits for hdd read operation to complete and that is causing the stutter. I also noticed that this problem is gone when I switched to linux. But it may be because linux kernel handles disk i/o differently than windows (probably better ).

Comment

Hi,
                  i have this stutters since the Pimps works with the new engine. The FPS are okay, but it stutters every few seconds.

Comment

Getting bad lag/stuttering on every setting screen even freezes for 1-7 seconds and fps drops to 1-4.Its so bad for me that its hard to play...I was in the city and my screen froze for like 5 seconds while a dog was chasing me and of course it killed me.

Cpu FX 8350 4.2ghz 8core

Gpu R9 280x powercolor turboduo

Ram 2400mhz corsair 8gbs

PSU EVGA SUPERNOVA 750watt gold

Latest amd crimson driver

Windows 10 fully updated

Comment

This game gets worse with every update...

Instead of adding random crap like wetness they need to fix core issues

Comment

Originally posted by e-Zee View Post
                        Hey Survivors!

I've created a ticket for that issue in our bug tracker. We will find the reason for the bug and fix it.
                        Did Alloc send you here? Cuz I don't believe in coincidences.

Originally posted by baird 888 View Post
                        Getting bad lag/stuttering on every setting screen even freezes for 1-7 seconds and fps drops to 1-4.Its so bad for me that its hard to play...I was in the city and my screen froze for like 5 seconds while a dog was chasing me and of course it killed me.

Cpu FX 8350 4.2ghz 8core

Gpu R9 280x powercolor turboduo

Ram 2400mhz corsair 8gbs

PSU EVGA SUPERNOVA 750watt gold

Latest amd crimson driver

Windows 10 fully updated
                        Again, your issue relates to bad fps... wrong place to post.

Hexcaliber mentioned in another thread that this might be a frame time issue (which is different from fps), while I did some googling, it does kind of make sense, but they always point frame time towards hardware performance and not game mechanics, so I don't know if I fully understand the meaning of frame time or if it's related to this.

Comment

Originally posted by e-Zee View Post
                          Hey Survivors!

Thankfully somebody has gotten this to the attention of a bug tracker or Team Member.

Comment

maybe i should have explained it better...when i am getting the sick stutter like slideshow stutter my fps is always at 60 heck it even says 60 fps when the screen freezes for a few seconds but i also get an fps drop in some areas or looking certain directions

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                            Did Alloc send you here? Cuz I don't believe in coincidences.

Again, your issue relates to bad fps... wrong place to post.

Hexcaliber mentioned in another thread that this might be a frame time issue (which is different from fps), while I did some googling, it does kind of make sense, but they always point frame time towards hardware performance and not game mechanics, so I don't know if I fully understand the meaning of frame time or if it's related to this.

Comment

How do you start the game ?

When launching the game from steam you have two options:
                              - Play 7 Days to Die
                              - Launch without AntiCheat

If i choose "Play 7 Days to Die" the game stutters like hell (when zombies are around me). With "Launch without AntiCheat" the problem is gone.

Comment

I found a problem or THE problem with fps.

When zombies are spawning/spawned in and you are around them there is consistent disk access for me of 8-10mb/s just whirring away like there is a looping issues going on. Game is fine when this is not happening, so whatever is being called from the HD is being done over and over and not cleared/closed out once in use.

The fps suffer, the game feels like it has stutter lag when this happens. It would probably be more prevailant for those with slower hard drives or not on solid states?

When I had this happen the game would not stop accessing at that speed until I restarted. The hoard was the worse culprit with this, the odd one or two zombos was less an impact.

Comment

Working...
                                X