Tree Quality Glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics Tree Quality Glitch

At a distance I see a light colored box with the dead pine tree in the middle of it in the pine forest biome. They look like skyscrappers until i get in closer and the boxes disappear. I identified this as the MountainpineDry tree through the creative menu. Sorry, I did not confirm if I had the same issue in any other biome.

I run with the medium settings on the Texture Quality and Tree Quality, and have Tonemapping and DDF active of those 5 check boxes on that side of the option screen. No shadows and 50% LOD. I run with an old 560TI with the latest NVidia drivers (ver 353.30) released on 6/22/15, with Win7 OS.

This glitch is probably due to my old rig and I'm just posting an FYI to the devs.

Found the same on medium. Disappears on high. Not sure about lower.

Comment

Yup same here with tree quality on medium.

Comment

Tree Graphic Glitch

With the introduction of A12, I now have an issue with trees in the distance displaying a grid-like pattern over them: http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...852128B1E4D6D/

This occurs frequently, although fortunately the pattern disappears if I get close to them.

Comment

Originally posted by badger2013 View Post
          With the introduction of A12, I now have an issue with trees in the distance displaying a grid-like pattern over them: http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...852128B1E4D6D/

This occurs frequently, although fortunately the pattern disappears if I get close to them.

I too have this issue, thus far I'm not sure how to fix it . Been an issue for me since Alpha 11 came out.

Comment

It seems to be hardware/driver related, because I and my friends don't have that issue. Please post your hardware specification and driver versions.

Comment

Tree Quality Glitch

Certain trees do not display the proper graphics on my rig. I believe it is a LOD issue - the further away they are the worse they get. Some forests look like they're filled with skyscrapers. This only seems to effect certain tree quality settings/textures. Running with medium tree quality. It's been this way for me ever since the move to Alpha 12.

Same reports can be found here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...t=tree+graphic

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...t=tree+graphic

I assume this is the most important hardware info:

CPU: FX 8320
              GPU: Asus R9 270
              Memory: 12GB

Using latest drivers. If more information is needed let me know.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyf.../?appid=251570

Comment

Try setting your tree settings to High or Ultra if your vid card can handle it. Temporary fix for this until a solution is found.

Comment

This feature comes with A11 to me i think, very annoying.

Comment

Hello everybody =] Threads merged. Issue confirmed and reported.

Update: The developers have been aware of this issue and are looking into it. It seems not everybody gets this issue. Can you guys confirm with me what graphics card/onboard graphics you have?

Edit: Seems at the time of writing the forum permissions aren't allowing you to post. I have left the admin a message so he can look into this

Edit2: Fixed. You can reply now!
                    Last edited by Grimmycakes; 08-18-2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Setting tree quality to ultra or the setting below (high?) removed the issue for me and many others. I am running with a GTX 970.

Comment

I saw the issue with tree quality at medium, but not seeing it on ultra high. Did not test other settings.

Windows 7
                        AMD Athlon 2.9Ghz
                        GeForce 960 GTX

Comment

Have had the same issue with my AMD Radeon R9 280X

Comment

I have the issue on an Nvidia card, but it's quite old and I tend to expect weirdness.

Comment

It appears this issue is also common in another Nvidia GTX for laptop (M series). I also have a friend with GTX 760M with this same problem

My specs.

OS
                              Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
                              CPU
                              Intel Core i3/i5/i7 4xxx @ 2.70GHz
                              Haswell 22nm
                              RAM
                              8,00GB (single thread) DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Mother board

Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-1763 (SOCKET 0)

Graphics
                              4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M (MSI)

Comment

Working...
                              X