Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ground glitch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Can anyone help me please

    I get that I'm gonna sound stupid but what does the tiny polygon look like that causes the terrain glitch to happen I've had this happen and it reset half my base when I was trying to get away from it now I'm scared to try and finish my trench design I've got too much time and supply's to lose them again if that happens I might just quit till they fix it

    Comment


      #32
      It is ever changing.. depends on the worlds around it. It's a bugged vertex I think it's called and can change to many different shapes.

      Some call it a bugged vertex.. others call it.......




      .........







      ................ The Dorito of Death.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by SxR View Post
        The Dorito of Death.
        Wow, thanks SxR. I didn't know many people followed my pro wrestling career.

        Comment


          #34
          Are you playing single / multiplayer? What server is hosting if multi. Are you controlling the server? What's your internet like? PC specs etc

          Comment


            #35
            Game stats

            I'm on Xbox one and it's a private game for me and my freinds on random gen if u need all the settings I can get them when I get home

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by xFordCookx View Post
              I get that I'm gonna sound stupid but what does the tiny polygon look like that causes the terrain glitch to happen I've had this happen and it reset half my base when I was trying to get away from it now I'm scared to try and finish my trench design I've got too much time and supply's to lose them again if that happens I might just quit till they fix it
              Originally posted by xFordCookx View Post
              I'm on Xbox one and it's a private game for me and my freinds on random gen if u need all the settings I can get them when I get home
              If it's on Console the PC forum cannot help. But your posts can be moved.

              ~summons Clare~

              Comment


                #37
                Just wanted info or a picture

                I get that this the wrong form for that but I wanted to know what the polygon looks like that the guy removed so I knew what to look for since he said it fixed it for a while or whatever read back thru the post and u will see

                Comment


                  #38
                  Possible sound overlay

                  I'm not sure who to address this too but I have noticed an odd audio anomaly, sometimes when a rotting carcass or nurse is nearby, more times the rotting carcass, it seems to have multiple zombie sounds consisting of what a horde sounds like, yet there is only the one zombie around, I was wondering if anyone else has mentioned this or if there could be a small issue with their audio, I have noticed it on the console port as well, same zombies.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by xFordCookx View Post
                    I get that this the wrong form for that but I wanted to know what the polygon looks like that the guy removed so I knew what to look for since he said it fixed it for a while or whatever read back thru the post and u will see
                    Ah, misread that.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by xFordCookx View Post
                      I get that this the wrong form for that but I wanted to know what the polygon looks like that the guy removed so I knew what to look for since he said it fixed it for a while or whatever read back thru the post and u will see
                      It's ever shifting, so hard to describe a shape as it doesn't have any specific one. Usually when you move around you'll see random corrupt polygons sticking out of nearby terrain, they usually terminate at the bad vertex. Often they're spikes and the tip of the spike is where the bad spot is. If you build out and fill a block in where that spike is, it usually corrects.

                      When I last had this happen, from walking around the glitching area I only had a rough idea of where it might have been, also might be multiple so instead of a spike it's some other shape. Filling the rough area with wood frames eventually fixed all of them. Was then able to remove the frames and it was all good.

                      If you want to be really sure, whenever you dig out terrain, just plan on filling to above where you dug with wood frames completely, then removing. Seems overkill, but it should make sure there's no corrupted blocks.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        I'm getting the same glitch I backed up and zipped my save game with it but not sure where or how to post it on here as I saw you guys asking for them. I didn't find any output logs anywhere in my game folder.

                        Screen Shot

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by subzero22 View Post
                          I'm getting the same glitch I backed up and zipped my save game with it but not sure where or how to post it on here as I saw you guys asking for them. I didn't find any output logs anywhere in my game folder.

                          Screen Shot
                          though im on PS4 i have had the same issue , i was able to rectify it by placing wood frames(any frame will do im sure ) around and through the glitched terrain , usually the edges where the glitch starts and ends , not sure if it will work for the PC but its worth a try .

                          place wood frame so they take up the space of the glitched terrain and at the edges so that the ground around it goes flat.
                          i think it has some thing to do with the way the make the voxel terrain smooth and angled , rather than bumpy and square , any how let me know if this works for you guys on the PC as well

                          Comment


                            #43
                            I have having a similar glitch with the world randomly disappearing.

                            Here i is a video on youtube of a player having the same exact issues I am having.

                            https://youtu.be/Qyc5-OhQV3s?t=27m3s

                            Has there been any discussion on fixing it? This post was started 18 months ago.

                            THis is PC
                            Last edited by Munra; 04-21-2017, 01:53 AM.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              This is still a significant issue, especially on multiplayer servers where it essentially allows you to find an underground base almost without trying. It also causes players to fall through the world to their death if they step on the terrain.

                              - Seems to happen more often in high traffic or construction areas
                              - Sometimes is caused by (not sure on that) and can be fixed for a player (confirmed) by placing a wood frame or other block
                              - The issue only appears for a single player at a time (appears to be client side)
                              - Solid, untouched land is not rendered, however bases, tunnels, and other player-made construction/destruction is visible
                              - Missing sections are always rectangular, and usually (VERY rough estimate) 40 blocks by 200 blocks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X