Save Inside / Load on roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanics Save Inside / Load on roof

Seems now if I save inside a building, when I reload I appear on top of the building.

I have this happen and I think it's because my bedroll is on the floor immediately below the roof.

Comment

Same here.

Comment

Happened to me inside the movie theater without a bedroll. Now I have my bedroll on the floor of a barn and I load on top of the roof. I have noticed that when I load after saving out in the open I drop slightly and land on the ground.

Comment

Same with backpacks they appear on the floor above, i kill a guy on a pvp server and his back pack ended up on the top of a tree.

Comment

I spawn on my roof.

Its a new game and fresh start new save.

It has happand 4 times now. I am in a small 1 story house with a small attic. I have my bed in the centerish of the attic with lots of head room. When I logout and go back to playing I spawn on my roof and I died once to a zombie attack and spawned on my roof. So it seems every time I spawn its on my roof when I pick spawn on bed. I am not spawning in the house I am spawning on the house. If you need more info let me know.

Comment

Same happened to me only on a taller house (I got to see the new stages of broken lag mechanic thanks to it though ). Also I tried logging out in the attic and on the second floor, both of which spawned me on the roof when a logged back in. I haven’t tried logging out underground yet to see if that also transports you to the surface when logging in but I will test it soon.

Comment

I havent played for very long in Alpha 9 but this happened to me too. I've died once since placing my bedroll tonight. I found a barn and have my bedroll on the bottom on the dirt. I was on the roof making a garden (died from O2 debuff from drowning but wasnt in water, thats another bug for another thread). Panicked from the drowning bug and ran back inside the barn... died on the stairs. I chose spawn on my bedroll. I got teleported to the roof instead. My backpack was gone and I had to use the Z window to get my stuff back.

Comment

This has also happened to me, and I've gotten mauled by zombies because of it...

Comment

Having the same issue, set up camp in a police station, placed a bedroll in the storage room and logged out. Logging back in, I ended up on the roof. Jumping down I broke my leg, and when I died I ended up back on the roof. Jumped in and broke open the skylight, grabbed my bedroll and placed it under open sky in the foyer. Went out to die and respawned right on my bedroll. So as long as there's nothing between you and sky, you're okay to log/respawn.

Comment

I just dug a hole next to the house and filled with water. I jump off roof into the water. Easy work around but a problem that needs to be fixed.

Comment

Yep, this has also happened to a friend an I multiple times. It always seems to happen when we spawn back to our sleeping bags after dying. It also happens when we re-join our game at a different time. There also seems to be a bug where it won't let us open our inventory and map. We have to leave the game and re-join to fix that problem though.

Comment

same thing here. I put a bed in the attic, and spawned on the roof. Luckily I had 10 wooden frames on me and made a staggered step down the side

Comment

I have confirmed that it also happens if you log out or re spawn underground. It seems as the other poster mentioned that you will be placed on the highest occupied block of your coordinates regardless of if you bedroll or log out point was beneath something.

Comment

This is a known issue, reminding the dev in charge of that area

Comment

Working...
                              X