Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanics 12.3 Wood Log Spike & Arrows

Random Gen dedicated server started fresh from 12.0

Wood Log Spikes can be upgraded infinitely and just remove iron scraps from inventory, there are 4 visual stages (not official name just what ive called them):
    Basic Log Spike
    Hardened Wood Log Spike
    Scrap Metal Wood Spike (like the last upgrade on Wood Frame)

then it upgrades further into:
    Reinforced Metal Wood Spike (same visual as Scrap Metal Frame)

You can then right click and just upgrade all the time you have scrap metal... Upgrades were done using a Stone Axe.

Iron and Steel Arrows cannot be loaded via the right click gui menu (i know alt+r was removed)

If i hover over Iron Arrow it says Iron Arrow, but when i RIGHT CLICK them, it then says Broken Iron Arrow. The same is true for Steel Arrows.

Ive not tested the bolts

After the second scrap upgrade it does a wood upgrade again (new visual as well). After that it's infinite scrap upgrade without a visual change so I assume it's a bug and the final wood upgrade is actually the highest level spike.

Comment

The problem is in the "\Data\Config\blocks.xml" file:

<block id="1433" name="reinforcedScrapIronSpike">
      <property name="Class" value="Damage" />
      <property name="Damage" value="8" />
      <property name="Damage_received" value="3" />
      <property name="Material" value="metal_medium" />
      <property name="Shape" value="Cone" />
      <property name="Texture" value="352" />
      <property name="Mesh" value="opaque2" />
      <!--property name="DontDamageOnTouch" value="true" /-->
      <!--property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" DOES NOT WORK ON THIS SHAPE!!! -->
      <property class="UpgradeBlock">
      <property name="ToBlock" value="reinforcedScrapIronSpike" />
      <property name="Item" value="scrapIron" />
      <property name="ItemCount" value="4" />
      <property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4" />
      </property>

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="scrapIronSpike" />
      <drop event="Destroy" name="scrapIron" count="1" />
      <drop event="Fall" name="scrapIron" count="1" prob="1.0" stick_chance=".75" />
      </block>
      The red bold text should not be there... it allows the block to be upgraded again to itself.
      Last edited by Matite; 07-17-2015, 02:00 PM. Reason: Changed formatting

Comment

Posted here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ap-iron-spikes

madmole already said he fixed it, here

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-Is-Out!/page6

Nice catch though.

Comment

"Iron and Steel Arrows cannot be loaded via the right click gui menu (i know alt+r was removed)

If i hover over Iron Arrow it says Iron Arrow, but when i RIGHT CLICK them, it then says Broken Iron Arrow. The same is true for Steel Arrows."

Been having this same problem, glad I at least finally found someone who is as well. Probably one of the more annoying bugs I've encontered. LET ME USE MY EXPLOSIVE BOLTS!

Comment

I am having the same issues with arrows, changed to a crossbow and thankfully they are working as intended. Not sure whats causing this bug I am sure it was working in 12,12.1 and 12.2. It does give a console error when I try to load any arrow in the bow "nullreferenceexception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Now I am running 2 mods which may or may not be the issue I haven't tested without them on, Compo-Pack for Random Gen and Expanded recipes.

Comment

The label of the arrows are wrong, that's correct.

To change ammo type, you have to right click the weapon and switch ammo there. No issues for me with unmodded client in 12.3

Comment

Working...
              X