Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other 7DTD is a registered trademark

This has been bothering me for awhile.

At the top of the forums and on the games title screen, there is a © for copyright next to 7 Days To Die. It should be an ® for registered trademark.

Originally posted by Zilla View Post

At the top of the forums and on the games title screen, there is a © for copyright next to 7 Days To Die. It should be an ® for registered trademark.
    There's nothing wrong with it... but i wonder if you even know the difference between a copyright and registered trademark...
    If not, i suggest reading the following wiki's which explains it all.

registered trademarks wiki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regist...ademark_symbol

copyright wiki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's copyrighted. That's all they really need, and it's automatically under their copyright as it exists in a tangible form and has been distributed in some way.

As for registered trademarks... I don't know much about that tbh, and I don't think that's even necessary. It might not really be relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Gipothegip View Post
        I'm pretty sure it's copyrighted. That's all they really need, and it's automatically under their copyright as it exists in a tangible form and has been distributed in some way.

As for registered trademarks... I don't know much about that tbh, and I don't think that's even necessary. It might not really be relevant.
        Well, if you might have read both wiki's, you could have understand their difference between them...

A registered trademark is usually used for physical real world products that are brought out by a company to be sold on the world market.
        For example:

A company called "Unilever" has this shampoo called "Andrélon", they trademark the item "Andrélon" as their company product.

Like the wiki says: "A trademark is a symbol, word, or words legally registered or established by use as representing a company or product."

It tells the customer or anyone for that matter, that when u see it, it belongs to a certain company, which means no one else may use that name without permission of the company who brings out that product.

A copyright is usually used for intellectual items, like software, games, ebooks, music songs, movies etc.

Im just clarifying this up for you guys... A little research can give u alot of insight before raising such questions... GOOGLE FTW ;-)
        Last edited by renejant; 10-25-2015, 02:53 PM. Reason: fixing a typo

Comment

https://www.tmdn.org/tmview/get-deta...00000086099549

...so yes "7 DAYS TO DIE" is a registered US-trademark for "Downloadable computer and electronic game programs" and "Entertainment services, namely, providing online computer and electronic games". In other words they could put a ® behind "7 DAYS TO DIE" if they want...

A "TM" for trademark can also be gained by simple use of the Trademark without registering according to american law (in europe you basically have to register).
          Last edited by EvilKnievel82; 10-25-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zilla View Post

(C) 7dtd just means that the copyrights associated with that webpage belong to 7dtd.

It's the short version of saying: all materials written on this page, and all copyrights associated therewith, are the property of 7 Days To Die Inc. (or whatever they're corporate name is).

Comment

Working...
            X