Please bring back Recipes

Graebeard

Although I like most of the changes to A17, I'm really not a fan of the new blueprint system. It seems to me if you find a blueprint, it's just like a book and should give you a skill and not a component. For example, once you have the spiked club blueprint, you should be able to make more than one.

Books and Recipes giving you skills for crafting makes a lot more sense than using then as components or as 30 minute buffs.

Although I like most of the changes to A17, I'm really not a fan of the new blueprint system. It seems to me if you find a blueprint, it's just like a book and should give you a skill and not a component. For example, once you have the spiked club blueprint, you should be able to make more than one.

Books and Recipes giving you skills for crafting makes a lot more sense than using then as components or as 30 minute buffs.

I loved the books, I have hopes that TFP will bring them back in the long run.

I totally agree with you. I was such a fan of the recipes/schematics, because you were searching for "apocalypse knowledge". Recipes were part of the journey. They should absolutely remove all recipes from the Skill Menu and put them all out in the world. Recipes have no business being in some magical window; the game is about looting, learning, crafting, and surviving. Crack-a-Books would be useful again. I really dislike the point-and-click aspect, because they already proved that it can all be in the game world. The Skill Menu is completely redundant, in my view.

They should replace the old single-use schematics, by grouping them into categories and you learn them from magazines, books, periodicals, etc. Cookbooks teach you cooking, DIY teaches you electronics, books for guns, etc etc. So instead of dozens of these schematics that become useless quickly, there's only like 5 or 6 books to look for. You learn a random recipe from that book/mag, by tier (so you don't learn solar panel before you learn a light switch). So 1 book/mag is always useful until you learn all the recipes; then maybe you sell it or it just gives you +1 to intellect thereafter. This cuts down on item count, stacks of useless schematics, RNG screwing you so much, and makes generic loot containers more valuable. For instance, cupboards could have a chance to have a cookbook. Safes could have a chance to have gun books. And on and on. I was quite dismayed that they really abandoned some major organic aspects of this game, and dumped it all into that tired old RPG mechanic, that is the Skill Menu.

Archived