Automatic mods/modlets download from a server

Foxley

Automatic mods / modlets download from servers / whatever location would help us "veterans" enjoy the game much more again. There are some great mods for 7D2D out there and some of us are kinda stuck with vanilla, which is great, but after some time it can get more and more boring. I have over 1k hours in 7D2D and I would love to put mods on server where I play, but we cant do it - we would lose players and risk that very few players would join in the future, just becouse they dont have the mods and we dont want the server to die.

So we are stuck with 3 bad options, play vanilla with my friends and other players on server where I like it (and where we go less and less since we dont have anything to do / explore / try and the game is not that challenging for us anymore), or mod it and lose 60%+ of population, or go to another server (which I dont want to do).

I also dont want to download 10 mods/modlets when I would want to try out a new server ... which I think noone wants to do.

As long as the mods on the server are xml-only, you don't have to download anything to play on the server. The configuration is sent to your system when you connect.

The only case where you would need to download the mods to play are the ones that require custom icons, or dll files for the mod to function.

I am currently testing mods/modlets I would like on server, mods folder has about 0,5 GB lol :D. So at least I play them in SP. In the meanwhile players on our server that are on end-game are logging in less and less, I have not seen several of my friends in-game for 2 or more weeks, they are playing other games on steam. I do see some new players and some of my friends are still playing (mostly those that did not explore entire 7D2D and still have stuff to do/explore/try). Since I log in only when I see someone I like to play with I am not playing that much either. I find it likely that some sort of automatic mod download will be in this game (this is kinda standard since CS1,6 - as I see it), but it might come later on and I would rly like it soon, since it would mean more active players.

Archived