Armor verses cloths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armor verses cloths

I'd personally rather see cloths like thick jackets and such cargo pants. And the only real armor you might find in the game would be a police shield used in riots I'm sure they would be common in a zombie apocalypse. As far as armor no just cloths.

Where cloths had benefits. Example Shorts 2 pockets hand gun in each pocket. Also carry different sized back packs with different amounts of item counts. Items being only carryable based on item size. example cant put a shotgun in a purse or a back pack but maybe a duffel bag.

Cargo pants would have more than 2 pockets so you could put several pistols and ammo clips in multiple pockets freeing up space in a back pack and duffel bag. Gun holsters to free up guns in pockets allowing other stuff that is small to be carried.

Could even have a ankle holster for a additional gun freeing up space in a bag.

This isn't minecraft so shouldn't be stuff like chain iron diamond etc... should be more realistic to fit it being a zombie apocalypse. Just cloths.

Add turtle shells to that and you have my vote lol

I do like the idea of just cloths, But I like a little fun with my games so I want to add elbows and knees turtle shell guards. Add like +1 HP to when your punching them zom zoms. Also maybe +1 hp to your health. Oh, And if your going to have elbow and knee turtle shell guards you must have a turtle shell hat +10 for style.

Comment

Riot shield! Imagine blocking a breach in your base with the shield while a friend helps repair?

Comment

Ye maybe also add seasons to the game and if you don't wear a thick jacket at the winter you start losing HP?

Comment

rather than turtle shells unless they add turtles to the game I'd say bicycle pads and maybe a military helmet or bicycle helmet. Yes some added stat boost would be nice but nothing that would over do it. Maybe a damage reduction when hit by a zombie.

Comment

Seasons will come later down the road, but yes I would like the weather to play a part in clothing. Loosing HP no but something more realistic would be if in snow you might run slower a bit do to tendons getting stiff and maybe get hungry faster, Possibility to catch fever if you remain cold to long and that could diminish your health which would call for meds to help cure the sickness.

Seeing running would be slower but sprinting would heat your tendons and body up a bit but would drain more than average stamina.

Comment

Agree that there shouldn't be any medieval fantasy games' kinds of armors here... At most, kevlar vests, military uniforms etc

Comment

Hold on, I think I remember reading some place that there is going to be a class system in this game. If I'm remembering that right there is going to be a melee class, A long with ranged and othere classes. If there is going to be a melee class, Do we not need armor with stats for that? Or am I remembering this wrong and there is not going to be classes?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkonik View Post
                  Seasons will come later down the road, but yes I would like the weather to play a part in clothing. Loosing HP no but something more realistic would be if in snow you might run slower a bit do to tendons getting stiff and maybe get hungry faster, Possibility to catch fever if you remain cold to long and that could diminish your health which would call for meds to help cure the sickness.

Seeing running would be slower but sprinting would heat your tendons and body up a bit but would drain more than average stamina.
                  Would cold weather slow down zombies even at night? I know that was mentioned a few times in world war z but I think it was due to the zombies blood becoming like tar when they turned so not sure if it would apply in this game?

Also, could snow be used as cover for traps against raiders / other players? Maybe dig some pits with spikes in them and cover with snow, could be a good base defence

Comment

Zombies don't need blood flow though, they are dead.

Comment

Originally posted by RestInPieces View Post
                      Agree that there shouldn't be any medieval fantasy games' kinds of armors here... At most, kevlar vests, military uniforms etc
                      It is the zombie apocalypse and many things have to be scavenged so a metal helmet or makeshift armor wouldn't be too far out there. I would definitely want metal gloves/arm protectors to avoid being bit by the horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkonik View Post

With snow and ice on the ground during a "Winter" season surley the zedz would have difficulty moving around?

Zombie + Frozen lake = Comedy? hehe!

On topic - armour would be a cool thing! The ability to craft and customize your clothing would be a nice touch as well!

Comment

I agree with no medieval armors and junk... police vests, thick clothes (being able to wear layers but with drawbacks of getting too warm and uncomfortable), but most of all, we need joke clothes and protective gear like bike helmets, knee pads, being able to hold up a sheet of plywood as an awkward and somewhat ineffective shield, Hawaiian t-shirts, with Minecraft permission... maybe a minecraft zombie t-shirt?, Pimp clothes? lol, etc...
                          Last edited by Fox; 11-01-2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I belong to a group that does medieval re-enactments. It is not too hard to find materials to make protective armor like chain or odd fitting plate. The plate would only cover certain parts though as articulated plate is much harder to craft. Some barding would be doable. Though fantasy armor like diamond and such would be silly in this game.

Comment

Police vests for enemy raiders/players

Duct Tape armor for zombie bites.

Comment

Working...
                              X