Exteneded Features Pl0x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exteneded Features Pl0x

I know this is an ALPHA. This is just a list that I think would improve the game.

Character Creation [customization]

In the Options, you can choose between 4 skins, however 2 of them are just recolors. I think that this should be expanded upon. If say, we were given goals, and could unlock more cosmetic options AND/OR an added character creation, the game would last longer, and we would have some sort of objective.

Improved HUD

Personally, i think we should be given a few more options like making it bigger or change it completely. Personally, I think that its a bit too small and not too noticable. Maybe remove the compass and make it an item?

Better Server Support

Having a list of servers to choose from is a lot better then having to imput the server address in constantly. Maybe giving us options to host our own server easily?

Game Modes

It would Add to the replayability of this game. Maybe a Story Mode, Survival, Co-op, Multiplayer, PvEvP, Horde Mode, etc.

Goals/Quests

Having a List of Achievements would be fun as people would grind for the medal. Maybe even allowing these Achievements to unlock more cosmetic changes? Or Start Off Bonuses.

Mod Support

Please? =D

Improved Graphics

When i drop something by mistake i usually have a lot of difficulty finding it because theres no shadow, outline or anything that stands out. Everything looks blended in currently. Hopefully it will improve as the game progresses in development.

NPC & Settlements / Factions

The Game Seems Dead at the moment. I walk into the forest, some zombies pop up. Night time, i need to find shelter. then comes morning, food, etc. Since this is a zombie apocalyptic world, there should still be some survivors other then you, and they might be in smaller - larger groups with their own goals. Some will kill others and steal to survive, etc. It would add more life into this game and If you can interact with them it would be a bonus as you can find more things to do, like helping them, robbing, a safe zone. Of course these zones would be under attacked constantly =D

Better Animations

Again, its in Alpha, so just some better improvements.

Equipment Screen

For trinkets like a Watch, to tell time, a Compass, etc and Cosmetics.

Customization, Server support, more modes, Mod Support, NPC's, Settlements and factions have already been talked about and will definitely be added.
    Take a look at this picture from their kickstarter:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/...jpg?1376541189

I agree with the hud, maybe a writeable map, a watch with a compass and a homemade sonar you can carry around or something.
    I'm pretty sure they'll add an equipment screen once they add wearable clothing.

Comment

7 days to die content contests ideas for between updates to keep players busy

I was thinking about a creator corner that allow player to construct prefab buildings and areas for the game and let the Devs make a contest where they get to judge the quality of the items created. If the creation wins the contest then it goes into the future update builds of the game and the player gets credit of some sort in the end credits or something

Another idea is to make creation points that allow the players to unlock a special inventory bandolier with extra inventory slots for that player when the game is finally released.

The 7DTD points could be used to unlock other items that are authorized by the Devs for other special player events between update builds. I would enjoy the chance to work with the Devs on this project and and get more thoughts from the player base to see if this is a good idea could work for the 7DTD community and let the DEVS focus on the game's design and reduce the stress factor that some people in the community tend to create when they have slow times between updates.

I really want the DEVS to be able give 110% to the game without cutting corners to give instant gratification to the impatient.

I am hoping that this idea could help both side of the coin.

Thank you for your time.
      Last edited by fleetwood; 11-18-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Wow, this was one dusty thread... Also, I don't quite get what it is you try to promote here..?

Comment

Originally posted by fleetwood View Post

I was thinking about a creator corner that allow player to construct prefab buildings and areas for the game and let the Devs make a contest where they get to judge the quality of the items created. If the creation wins the contest then it goes into the future update builds of the game and the player gets credit of some sort in the end credits or something

Another idea is to make creation points that allow the players to unlock a special inventory bandolier with extra inventory slots for that player when the game is finally released.

The 7DTD points could be used to unlock other items that are authorized by the Devs for other special player events between update builds. I would enjoy the chance to work with the Devs on this project and and get more thoughts from the player base to see if this is a good idea could work for the 7DTD community and let the DEVS focus on the game's design and reduce the stress factor that some people in the community tend to create when they have slow times between updates.

I really want the DEVS to be able give 110% to the game without cutting corners to give instant gratification to the impatient.

I am hoping that this idea could help both side of the coin.

Thank you for your time.
          I love this idea of having some player inspired or made building contests or poi contest.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetwood View Post

I was thinking about a creator corner that allow player to construct prefab buildings and areas for the game and let the Devs make a contest where they get to judge the quality of the items created.
            This, but instead of Devs (Devs get final say) let players vote. This would take A LOT of pressure off the devs.

Comment

Working...
            X