wishlist for complete game

rescue86k

Love A17. I hope devs can skim this thread for ideas. Please bump if you support this direction/ thread.

loading-swag-100-percent-complete-facebook-cover.jpg.1369aff98b5c802d9131757c7682df28.jpg

I feel the main focus for devs should be to make a version of the game that is finished for mod support. To have the core so complete, that any future version or alpha wont general break mods from modders. Below is a wishlist to support that focus.

(example: Mod that works for Alpha 17 still works for Alpha 25, and /or just needs a few tweaks or patching to make compatible).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*Core concept is to add in 1 of all core features and allow modders to fill in the rest.

-So if you want 20 vehicles in game. Don't need to. Alpha 17 generally has all the core components. Only reason to add a vehicle is to add a new mechanic. So... A boat is needed. So modders can make the other 10, boats.This is example. All ideas focus on this core idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ideas Simplified:

mack-sztaba-underwater-base2.jpg.b542d259e7245f5bda5f4964e6750658.jpg

1) Waterworld> add boat, add swamp zombie, add zombie fish, add fishing, add all related water base building mechanics.

2) UndergroundWorld> add graveyard zombie(burrowed, digs up out of "grave", add graveyard poi, add blocks that support ceiling offense against diggers(see through, shoot through block, electronic radar that looks like blobs from movie aliens, or the bungie game called Marathon had a radar, shows location of movement. good for detecting digger location above you.

3) BanditWorld> Add patrolling bandit on a bike with shotgun to desert level80. Add bandit camps that ALWAYS betray themselves as traders, or lucrative common pois. So, intentionally reuse popular pois players want to run inside of. Bandits don't need complex ai.

4) QuestWorld> Add following survivors from radar signal dish installment. Follow, guard, etc. Number of Survivors allowed based on your reputation(new skill, leveled only by doing quests from traders, like in morrowind, you earned reputation for completing quests. Radar dish wont lure people to your settlement if your stranger danger reputation 0, you sound like a bandit trap to them obviously.

5) Unique Zombie AI Packages> add tunneler zombie, add chucking zombie, add claw zombie

6) FPS World>Always would love to have better fps ingame ;)

7) TerrianWorld>Random world generator finishing touches: add creeks/river system, waterfall a plus. add railroads... and railroad tunnels system, after waterworld added, add back in,... some lakes. add bridges. add caves. i dont seem to find any. my luck. good looking cave pois that act as dungeons. a resident evil underground lab be nice to explore with enemy auto turrets that still function till you take out the generator. Ooooo.

8) BaseWorld> All playstyles are supported and fun. Able to live in the water, (waterworld), able to live undergound and defend or die (Underground World), able to live normal, on the surface. Those are core to me. sky makes no sense to me. It would mean more vulture varients and not feel zombie anymore.[opinion]

Lava_Hand_1.jpg.55ca29449a348d6b40554b259f4ecc08.jpg

Definition of Zombie AI types discussed above:

Tunneler Zombie: Detects wall, digs down, digs under, once directly below player, digs up, converts to claw zombie ai or spider ai, without block damage bonus.

Claw Zombie: Attacks 1 block up, always destroying in a "staircase fashion" with goal to "climb". attack diagonal up, and over, jump up, get over, next block. damaging to create tunnel thru wall that eventually allows zombies to jump up. Deals tremendous damage to all blocks. Frightened by barbed wire layered on walls, it converts to spider ai instead.

Chucking Zombie: Chucks nearby zombies into the air like a catapult toward you. so kill the chucking zombie quick. Level 80+ spawn.

Graveyard Zombie: Spawns as sleeper in relevant pois. He starts just a block underground, and knows how to dig up and out, temperarily using the claw zombie ai to do so, then becomes normal zombie ai.

Swamp Zombie: Knows how to swim. stationary doesnt move, and looks like a waterblock of moss,. water block moss added. once activated by you, or detecting you, he be hungry and change form.

Zombie Fish: behaves like morrowind slaughterfish. simple ai but effectively scary.

Bandits and Survivors: See how starvation mod works but make it much... more... cpu,fps friendly. Add Bandit Joel on a bike with a shotgun chasing you around in the desert, who tries to run you over too.

To me this would be a pretty complete game. I bet a lot of work, hope some of this comes to use!

NPCs for group leaders.mixin real players with bots.. we need guards.. traders..farmears..miners..medics. all consuming food ,water And bullets but your comunity it's going to look like a real one.

Sorry for the inglish

Yes just adding in simple survivor followers like starvation mod, but without lag. let modders make it more complex, but re-include survivors and bandits with ai packages functional, so it can be expanded on.

Dinamic weather. Things like acid rain destroys your crops. Or radiated fog moving arround the map. Forcing you to leave or consume gas mask filters.it brings especial zombies.blizards or dust storms has others efects.

I like this, just add acid rain to a biome, then let modders add more by learning from how it was added.

*My hope is all core features added in a simple way which alone is enough work on its own, and allow modders to fill in complexity/variety.*

Also its stated in the forum rules don't flame people if they spell things wrong. I agree and like the rules, don't like it when people get politcally correct on me either. So I guess what I'm saying is don't worry about the english ;) I don't care

Archived