Empty your backpack

Lobotomy

Hi there, I'm unsure if this has been requested before (most likely it has though)... But do you think you could add the ability to completely empty your backpack into a container say by pressing "Shift-R"?

I would have though that would be such a simple addition that would save hours of individually clicking on items!.

Thanks for reading. :)

(P.S. if there is already a way of emptying the backpack quickly that my dumb ass hasn't seen... I would love to know it and then say sorry for the post.)

what would be easier, would be just using "R"

as in

move all from whats open on the right to whats on the left,

as in

open chest < back pack

open back pack < vehicle

back pack < chest

should be easy to code in "move from right to left" using just R on detecting what part of the screen the mouse is

and possibly in reverse from left to right

then that would also open up the possibility to use shift-r on just moving all amounts of the selected stuff that the mouse is hovering over

A lot of these "simple requests" don't actually achieve the goal of reducing the time it takes to sort your loot into ordered boxes.

There are too many exceptions and ways players like to organise their inventory that only a fraction will actually be able to benefit from any one size fits all feature.

Especially dumping your entire inventory into a chest is not going to achieve anything. It's just chaotic and no help in finding anything you're looking for.

What would work is a way to mark a dedicated dump chest, even just placing a specific item in it to mark it.

Other chests [in range] would have a different item like "put stone here" in them.

Any item placed into a dump chest would then look for [nearby] chests with specific marker items in them. If the tags on the marker item match the tags on the item you put into the dump chest, it is automatically moved there.

At that point it would only be a matter of setting up a bunch of dummy items that are nothing more than an icon and a tag.

A lot of these "simple requests" don't actually achieve the goal of reducing the time it takes to sort your loot into ordered boxes.

There are too many exceptions and ways players like to organise their inventory that only a fraction will actually be able to benefit from any one size fits all feature.

Especially dumping your entire inventory into a chest is not going to achieve anything. It's just chaotic and no help in finding anything you're looking for.

What would work is a way to mark a dedicated dump chest, even just placing a specific item in it to mark it.

Other chests [in range] would have a different item like "put stone here" in them.

Any item placed into a dump chest would then look for [nearby] chests with specific marker items in them. If the tags on the marker item match the tags on the item you put into the dump chest, it is automatically moved there.

At that point it would only be a matter of setting up a bunch of dummy items that are nothing more than an icon and a tag.

So let me get this straight. You mean like having a designated dump chest that if I dump a pile of loot into it, it would automatically send the proper loot to a designated chest that was set up to be for specific loot. IE, boiled bottle water would all go to a chest that I set up to just have boiled bottled water?

Sign me up.

I like how Terraria manages inventory, where you can mark specific items as favourites and they stay in your inventory if you plan to "put everything in the chest". An additional dump chest could be very useful also, but i guess having the option to put everything except this and that would be pretty neat too.

Archived