Feature request/enhancements

Intrepid767

Hey Fun Pimps. Looooooooong time player, first time poster. Forgive me if this has been addressed in other threads, I could not find any other references.

1) Cruise Control - similar to the 'auto walk' feature in Skyrim, can this be added? In an open world, exploration type of game, holding the the 'walk' button on a marathon playthrough can be fatiguing. My elbow hasn't been the same since I broke it some years back, so for me, personally, even holding down a single key for a extended period can be painful.

2) Compass/bag marker. Can the backpack icon on the compass be modified to reflect when the bag is above or below the player? It's a very similar feature to what's already on the 'supplies' compass icon in Fetch quests.

3) Spawn after death. Perhaps this was by design, but can we be given an option to spawn near our bed OR near our pack? (Similar to how Empyrion does it)

Thank you for your time & consideration.

Big fan

Trep

1) Cruise Control - similar to the 'auto walk' feature in Skyrim, can this be added? In an open world, exploration type of game, holding the the 'walk' button on a marathon playthrough can be fatiguing. My elbow hasn't been the same since I broke it some years back, so for me, personally, even holding down a single key for a extended period can be painful.

You could write an AutoIt Script to do something like this.

For example on Ctrl+W, send W keydown to 7dtd process.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I'd like an option to NOT respawn on or near my bed, because currently it is entirely possible for someone to camp your bed and keep killing you before you can pick it up, and if they have friends around stopping your from running away...

That's what I meant.. option to respawn near the sleeping bag OR near the pack.. amended main post.

• 1 month later...

I entirely support this idea. Cruise control; couldn't think of the right words to frame it other than "autorun". OP has the right idea.

I almost want to say it would be even better balanced if it was restricted to vehicles. Run the old-fashioned way until you get some wheels.

Some of the folks I play with on private servers don't use voice and sometimes I don't use voice either, whether that's preference or it's just 3am and I don't want to be yammering. It'd be nice to be able to hit T, type out whatever short message I need to send, and not have my ride coast to a halt while being chased down by a vulture or summat. Sure, I risk going over a drop or landmine if not paying 100% attention, but that's why you, y'know, pay attention. Feature like this wouldn't play the game for you, and definitely wouldn't protect you if you go AFK.

Gotta wonder, is there any hope for something like this ever being put into the game? I'd even take a mod to do it, for private servers/games, but doesn't look like anyone's ever done that.

If it comes down to respawns, I'd like see an option implemented where we can retain the ability to respawn normally in the open world. It could be a good option to escape really dire situations where one's base is compromised and no amount of going near it is going to help anything. It would also be an option for people to escape spawn camping in PVP.

On the respawn location...

I remember MadMole saying they had discussed some options on that. One idea that was floated was that there could be a primary and secondary bedroll.

The primary being something like the bed that you place in your base or other safe location. The secondary is a bedroll that you can carry and drop near a POI to give you a close respawn point in case of a death.

If anything ever came of that idea, I don't recall, but I believe I expressed support of that idea at the time, along with many others....

Archived