Suggestions for A19 and beyond

ozzysfang

What we would love to see there:

-Remaining POIS reworked and streamlined. Maybe a few more.

-Npcs and bandits.

-New quests and an awesome campaign.

-Water reworked to TFP liking.

-New types of quests and improved ones.

-Meaningful and fun random encounters.

-Improved character profile editing tools.

-Legendary weapons and armor.

-New books.

-Followers.

-QOL features.

Now, given your speed (which is one of the fastest in the industry despite what people say) , you can do it in 18 months.

So divide those tasks in 2 alphas and we will not care about the time it takes.

We aware though, bandits in their basic form should be in THIS alpha both because of marketing purposes regarding your success momentum and

to hook and maintain and Increase while maintaining the player base for the second alpha.

Non essencial:

New quests and improved ones+ campaign+water+followers+improved npc Ai +QOL +editing tools... all of those are secondary to the very inclusion of npcs in the game in some form.

To be honest, I like the shorter update idea. But you can't do short without cutting npcs. So go ahead and take your time and do what you do best: tease the kraken.

Sorry for the repost, but here is one of my ideas/hopes/wishes what a future 7d2d could look like:

Idea for a later-game quest type, or maybe as part of a story-mode:

Trader tells you that there is an outpost/brigdehead about to be established by the army at some location. You are sent there to aid the troops while they're working at the base.

Once you arrive at the marked location, then there is a massive amount of planes, airdropping crates with the resources/materials and paratroopers/military engineers.

During the time they need to construct walls/fortifications etc. you have to keep away the incoming hordes that are attracted by the activities in the area.

Maybe you can even help building by placing the correct blocks (places could be marked green when you pick up the materials from the airdrop-crates).

Or maybe it would even be necessary that you help when too many of the engineers are killed (slows down construction), and the more time passes the more zombies come in, and the whole plan might fail because at night the site is overrun...that would add a nice "hurry up" feeling.

If you succeed, the outpost is established and from then works as an additional trading post, or whatever (e.g. a working water station as a source for pure water, or a research center which gives you new quests ("bring us 10 dead zombies we have to examine them", "investigate location XY, we have indication that the whole sh** began there".

Is it too early to start asking about the drop date? :cocksure:

I would like to see a couple more stations like a wood burning stove for cooking and an advanced forge. Well, I guess the forge is probably not really going to happen with the recent changes. I had always though having a 2-teir forge was a good unlock for steel and maybe some other high quality items.

Probably not for this alpha but having the ability to mine for brass (or copper and tin to make brass) would be neat.

I support the requests to rework the water. Would love to see flowing water and real waterfalls, but those would probably be difficult to create well in an RNG world.

Looking forward to vehicle updates. Right now, I get a bicycle and then motorbike when I can. Otherwise I don't bother with the other ones, so having options to make some of the other vehicles more attractive would be awesome.

And not sure if this could fall under an alpha but continued optimization of graphics would wonderful. My machine is powerful enough to run the game at high to ultra-high graphics at 50-60 fps but it beats the heck out of cooling with my fans running hard and drowning out a lot of the normal game sounds.

Npcs and bandits...I really don't want to hear another excuse like "We will delay npcs and bandits for the next Alpha because we don't have animations or this or that or blah blah blah, etc etc etc...". You were doing this for quite a few years.

Now you don't really have any reasons to make an excuse. Sorry if this sounded harsh, not my intent, I'm not bashing at you but it's been way too long...

Also a way to get more zombies on screen, I want the cities to feel more populated, not to go inside Diersvile with my rocket launcher or ak47 and shoot in the air or in the ground and not attract anyone. I miss the old days when we had cities with streets full of zombies.

Npcs and bandits...I really don't want to hear another excuse like "We will delay npcs and bandits for the next Alpha because we don't have animations or this or that or blah blah blah, etc etc etc...". You were doing this for quite a few years.

Now you don't really have any reasons to make an excuse. I'm not bashing at you but it's been way too long...

Bandits are still a long ways off so insert excuse here and deal with it. We do have the animation team to crush them properly now, but only have one Faatal, but we did hire his trusted sidekick so hopefully its not too far off.

Bandits are still a long ways off so insert excuse here and deal with it. We do have the animation team to crush them properly now, but only have one Faatal, but we did hire his trusted sidekick so hopefully its not too far off.

Thank you...oh boy, sorry to hear that. This is the one feature I really wanted since starting playing 7 days to die...so yeah, I get a bit impatient about npcs and bandits. Well, I guess I'll wait... :sorrow:

I'm sorry for the quality of the translation. Google :(

Quote: How many users does Minecraft have and how many users does Rast have ?? Here is the answer in which direction the game should go.

!!!!. You ruined the first part of the game, namely survival. Melee weapons are practically useless, since firearms immediately appear! The gameplay is very, very much reduced!

Second, shooting zombies is already turning into an end in itself! This is no longer Rast, this is already DOOM 2 /

-

1. To greatly prolong the gameplay, you need to increase the damage of melee weapons 2-3 times.

2. Firearms, including green, can only be obtained by craft on their workbench.

3. It’s not possible to repair it until green. It will only break.

4. The ability to build wooden buildings that entry-level zombies will crash for a long time.

And then the first part of the game will increase by 40-60 hours of additional gameplay!

Varied Tier 5 Quest. Best sometimes with bandits. I know you said it took time with bandits. But you could make a start with the Tier 5 Quest. A taste of what's to come.

Nail gun modification (for example, a book, mod, or book-reading reward) to make it a little faster.

Foods that spoil if you do not cool them.

Continue to improve the artificial intelligence of the zombies to break through the metagame.

(Unfortunately, I can only speak very little English. I have used translation program German – English.)

Mr. Mole.

May I suggest a Semi-stationary Turret with heavy damge but long Set up Time, that Players can craft and place down as a Tier+1 of the Junk Turret?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jcTgOAJoQjA/hqdefault.jpg

Advantage :

High Damage

Big Capacity

Crowd Control

Front Protection

Disadvantage

Long Set up Time

Limited Angle for use, needs replacement to change.

Heats up, unusable for longer period of time.

This could be an enhancement for the Intelligence Guy so he doesnt have to rely on Traps only :)

Might be an oppurturnity to introduce 50cal Ammonution, also to use in a T3 Sniper Rifle you might implement.... or just go with 7.62 and make me sad :(

Thanks for Reading

I'm sorry for the quality of the translation. Google :(

Quote: How many users does Minecraft have and how many users does Rast have ?? Here is the answer in which direction the game should go.

!!!!. You ruined the first part of the game, namely survival. Melee weapons are practically useless, since firearms immediately appear! The gameplay is very, very much reduced!

Second, shooting zombies is already turning into an end in itself! This is no longer Rast, this is already DOOM 2 /

-

1. To greatly prolong the gameplay, you need to increase the damage of melee weapons 2-3 times.

2. Firearms, including green, can only be obtained by craft on their workbench.

3. It’s not possible to repair it until green. It will only break.

4. The ability to build wooden buildings that entry-level zombies will crash for a long time.

And then the first part of the game will increase by 40-60 hours of additional gameplay!

Hello.

a) Please use https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?131394-Alpha-18-feedback-and-balancing-thread for Feedback.

Maybe take the time and read into there, all your Points have been asked and has been answered multiple times there.

b) Its true, the Survival Aspect has been cut slightly and too much streamlined. But im more as happy with the new Bloodmoons wich is better Lategame Survival/Tower Defense as we ever had.

c) Suprisingly i agree with: Increased/balanced Melee Damage, especially since you have to go to great risks to kill.

d) im against crafting Firearms completly, should be loot only ( or only primitives )

e) your point 4 is allready in, or i read that wrong. They do take down Wood Structures very easily.

f) im worried much more for Lategame. Even tho i had 4 Playthroughs so far with each 100h+ in, im running out of motivation allready and see lots in my server with the same Problem. Then again, the Devs seem to tackle this Problem soon with their Plans with Wasteland/radiation.

Can we have more zombies in the wilderness again? Dealing with mainly Sleepers, and a few stragglers on your way back home from a loot run is kind of dry.

Would be awesome as hell to be on your last leg from a loot, on the way home BAM, giant horde blocking your way to base.

Currently, it feels like the same thing over and over. Go out, loot, kill sleepers you KNOW are there, because hell, we have seen all the spots already, loot, exit, make way back home, Kill 1-4 zombies on the way, or don't its whatever.

Kindddd of stale.

I have made a modlet to increase zombie spawns in the wilderness for my Server, but still, it doesn't feel like it used to at some point, long ago.

Looking forward to vehicle updates. Right now, I get a bicycle and then motorbike when I can. Otherwise I don't bother with the other ones, so having options to make some of the other vehicles more attractive would be awesome.

And not sure if this could fall under an alpha but continued optimization of graphics would wonderful. My machine is powerful enough to run the game at high to ultra-high graphics at 50-60 fps but it beats the heck out of cooling with my fans running hard and drowning out a lot of the normal game sounds.

Vehicle mods should not be too hard to get in with all the previous work already done on them. Other vehicle changes will take time.

Optimizations are ongoing. Every week I'm optimizing something. Just like we now have the Terrain Quality option coming in A18.2.

That can has got to look pretty awful with the number of times it's been kicked down the flippin road. I can't come close to expressing how disappointing this is, to me I know, or how expected this comment is. You could probably fire that right back at me...whatevs

Archived