Crazy

seryi

I suggest removing the winter biome, and creating the seasons. Let's say 2 months summer then 1 month autumn, 2 months winter and 1 month spring. It is very difficult to implement but it would be cool. You need to pick up supplies, weapons, warm clothes to survive the winter. Well, there is much more that can be described.

There are so many issues with that system that its highly doubtful it would ever be implemeted.

1. Resources are tied to specific biomes.

2. POI generation is tied to specific biomes with certain POI's only spawning in certain biomes.

3. Terrain items like cactus's, snowy tree's, etc are tied to biomes. You can't just dynamically replace every tree on the map with a different one every time the seasons change

4. Zombies are tied to biomes

5. What does it actually add to the game in terms of gameplay? Aside from early game its not hard to survive in any biome so it won't really add anything to survival and just be an annoyance

That's just off the top of my head as far as issues.

Thought: The game has weather. If the biomes were left as-is but you could have a "long lasting, map wide weather" where if winter hit, it would be cold in all the biomes (maybe desert is still cold, just not snowing, winter biome is super cold and snowing constantly) and then just cycle through the seasons really slowly?

It might work "ok" in the default navezgane map, but if you had a custom/random map generated and only allowed a few biomes (realizing youd miss the biome specific things) , or "layered" the biomes a little more naturally so snow and desert don't touch (Example: desert only on the south, snowy only to the north, everything else can be in between) it might feel a little more natural if there were a persistent cold-spring-hot-fall cycle. I personally think I'd like the hot/cold regions to be very large so that it would be "something to travel in" when the weather permitted, as you would have a hard time living there.

Archived