Flag

Guest Vilion

Good day to all survivors о/ I apologize in advance for my bad English.

There is one idea, perhaps it was already suggested, but I did not see it.

I would like to ask to add a flag. Which will be applied by the player or appear on the map himself. After that, the flag cannot be picked up and put in another place. The task of the players to defend the flag from the zombies. If a zombie destroys a flag, then this is the end. The created world is deleted. And you have to start all over again. That would add variety. The goal of the zombies is still to kill you. But if you are not in a radius. Then they will destroy the flag. Now there will be a real chance to lose.

In game mode with a flag. During hordes it will be impossible to ride a motorcycle, as zombies will break the flag. This mode will add hardcore. Why do I propose a flag, not a sleeping bag? I think this is understandable. There are many tricks to hide this sleeping bag or put a new one elsewhere. Although the horde is still alive. I even think that the flag should be set from the first minute of the game in a random place on the map and displayed to the player on the map.

I can not fully describe everything. Since the language barrier does not allow. I think you understand what I wanted to convey to you. I think in the future you yourself will find the minuses and pros of this mode. We will polish this idea to shine. Fix the flaws and add something new. And perhaps the developers are realizing this idea.

Thank you all for your attention. Once again, I apologize for the bad / terrible English :)

Good luck survivors about о/

Perhaps a "Last Stand" game mode.

In this mode, you start with a flag instead of a claim block.

You must place your flag before the first horde night.

Once placed, the flag cannot be removed.

If you are outside your claim zone, some zombies will target your flag (if outside of render distance, the damage bar ticks down automatically)

If the flag is destroyed, the game is over and the map resets.

In multiplayer, one group of allies shares a flag. The oldest flag is adopted by all members of the alliance and all others disappear.

• 2 weeks later...

I can see some issues with this, but will offer ideas instead of criticism:

- Instead of a flag, maybe a "beacon" or transmitter that (in theory) you are using to call for help. Something that has/needs power and could be something a zombie would want to attack (it blinks, it makes a hum, etc)

- The maps are pretty big, so to travel farther (and keep looting) and still be in range, you have to add more power to the beacon to increase its range.

- A larger range (more power) makes zombies close to it more likely to attack the beacon even when you are in range.

- If the beacon is getting attacked, you get an alert, or something, so you can head back to defend it.

- The beacon also serves some other purpose (like more power to it calls more plane drops or increases loot quality/amount or something in its range)

- Every x days you survive (maybe every 7 days) you get another beacon and can turn off the original only if a new one is placed ;). This is so as you make it more powerful, and travel more you may find a great place for a base so you get to move to it. Also an incentive to want to power it up and roam more.

I like the idea....

More thoughts: I recall somewhere on the forum someone made a "thumper", which calls Z's...but it would call them all the time. Similarly I've seen a "screamer block" that calls Z's in as well. The "heat map" calls them in as well, as do player generated sounds. I don't know of anything that would have a "long reach" beyond the chunk the block is loaded in though, and chunks get unloaded as players move away from them...nor do I know of a block that would only be "attractive" to Z's based upon distance to the player. It seems almost do-able with current stuff. The flag/beacon/whatever is just a texture on a block so it could be anything though. The only think I can see to make this work (with what little I know. There are people far more talented as modders than I am) is to make a server side process that periodically checks player distance from the item, and then spawns Z's near it to attack it. I still can't see how to do a few things easily:

- When the flag/block is destroyed, end the game. Maybe a server side process could just kill the player and take all their stuff

- How to get Z's to attack the block. Maybe make it (internally) an immobile "player" with a flag/beacon skin over it? That way that chunk won't get unloaded (a player is there), and Z's naturally attack players.

Anyway, I've seen several other interesting ideas on the forums and I keep coming back to "the easiest may be to make a server side process that runs the scenario logic, kinda like a smart admin bot". Maybe someone can come along and prove me wrong and make a mod[let] ;) or make the server side bot/plugin to pull something like this off.

Archived