Brass and ammo ideas

GotinDrachenhart

Hello,

First, thanks FP for this great game! Keep up the good work! :)

So, it seems to me that brass could be a little easier to come by. Seeing as there is currently no copper or zinc in the game with which to actually smelt brass, how about instead we use just iron to make the cases? IRL steel cases are a thing but in game it's a bit expensive to make and always comes in ingots. And with the borked measurement system it would probably take like five bars to make one round anyway (looking at you Molotov and your 300 gas...seriously is it measured in milliliters??).

I was thinking that with all the salvaging we do with the wrench why not add copper wires as a resource when harvesting anything electronic? You can then toss that into the forge to smelt. If you want to just keep it super simple and fudge it a bit then say that is just another source of brass.

I like the idea of keeping the game as a good mix of realistic and fun/fast. Obviously, to make your own rounds IRL you'd need lots of involved steps and I won't even get into trying to make your own primers which no round would function without (even a rimfire has one, it's just in the rim). And, nobody wants to craft three to four tiers of reloading bench and then sit there and hand load all day on the press....at least not in game. ;)

But brass is kind of limiting my ammo crafting pretty harshly at this stage.

And as to AP rounds, how about we keep the formula as is and add one small thing....each one also needs one scrap iron for the penetrator?

Arrows vs feathers: They needs not always use feathers. In fact, you should be able to use plastic for the fletchings with no problem.

I'd like to see more drop on the crossbows though. The best real world crossbows fire a bolt that moves only about half again as fast as a paintball, not a pistol round lol

Thanks for reading!

Brass for ammo is probably the easiest resource to get in the game.

You can smelt dukes.

True, but what got me wondering about this is when our quests started bugging out so we're kinda limited there now. And besides, if someone is saving up for that sweet bike or chopper chassis then smelting dukes would just make that tougher.

Or you could just make it so that when a bullet is fired the gun expels the brass and you have to pick it up like you do arrows.

I've seen someone talking about a brass catcher mod for just this reason. I'd be ok with that too as it would mirror my life IRL when going to the range lol....policing brass is a PITA IRL. And it'd have to be some kind of auto-pickup, borderlands style. Because imagine after a long horde night after you've expelled almost 2K rounds each lol

Yeah no thanks, smelt dukes and if you're short on dukes then invest in lucky looter repair and sell level 5 and 6 items you get. If you know the location of multiple traders you can literally get hundreds of thousands of dukes, as long as your map is build enough and know the most efficent ways to loot worth while buildings.

Yeah no thanks, smelt dukes and if you're short on dukes then invest in lucky looter repair and sell level 5 and 6 items you get. If you know the location of multiple traders you can literally get hundreds of thousands of dukes, as long as your map is build enough and know the most efficent ways to loot worth while buildings.

It's still not enough brass from loot. Dukes, yes you can get tons of them but just not fast on short notice. The reason I suggested what I did is that every building has lighting you can wrench on....which should get you wires. Same for appliances, lots of wiring. And that should be a resource as brass or copper etc.. Vs running around clearing trader stuff for dukes to smelt. Which, is fine....unless you're saving for that motorbike chassis or you know...your quests are busted AF on your server right now and you can never complete them.

Point is, whoever heard of a lead trophy? Yet we have those....so why not some wiring you can use too??

• 2 weeks later...
Brass for ammo is probably the easiest resource to get in the game.

You can smelt dukes.

This doesn't work as well if you want that solar panel with 6 all purple solar cells. Those damn things cost more than vehicles too. I added two treasure maps that gave god mode level loot, dukes & grand dukes & gold & silver & rubies & dabloons. In the end I was basically a millionaire. I ended up using up most of it on solar panels and vehicles. Admittedly solar power in general isn't worth it in-game at this time.

I also like to play with loot respawn turned off, just seems odd that there's still goods being delivered after the zombie apocalypse happens. Kinda makes it seem less threatening of a situation. That means that by day 100 I've looted almost everything, torn apart almost every vehicle, and am running out of brass sources. Dukes can be that never-ending source of brass, but if my loot sources cease then I'm left in a position where I can no longer find loot to sell and have to sell materials. Something simple such as copper wiring would be a great addition to the game. Hell, even if it were a 1:1 ratio wire to brass and you only got 2-3 wires per device, it would be worth it.

I always run for any POI's with bookcases early, so I usually find the book for doorknobs and wrenching sinks for lead/brass (usually one or the other lol, never find both in a play through now, so I've never completed the set) and I don't use the trader except for quests...rarely do I buy anything (except 1 fergettin elixir, as I usually wanna respec after I have a good home and horde base set up) and occasionally bullets, if the last horde depleted more than I can restock in time...so I rarely have brass issues, I mostly would see brass shortages from MP games where everyone favors guns and doesn't like questing....

TLDR: If you have the harvest sinks for brass, break em all down in POI's you quest in, same with doors...I mean, the T5 Apartment has soooo many doors and sinks in it, same with pretty much any non factory POI of any rank...even T1's have at least 3 doors with knobs and 1 sink...usually (This assumes you have the books for these things of course)

Archived