A few suggestions

Stranded_Napkin

The new abundance of POIs is nice. Some are dungeons and some are not. Each look different. This brings up a simple question. Why did everyone in multiple towns buy cars at the same time and all buy the same make and model, different colors at least, as everyone else? A little diversity in make and model would be nice. The RWG maps are hilly as all hell and no trucks? This is just a pet peeve but I'm stuck looking for a mod that does this.

The power tools are weak. They're nice as they don't use stamina, but they are loud, call screamers at an alarming rate, and don't level well. It just feels to me that the 0.1 level bonus is weak as all hell. A level 6 auger feels like a level 1 auger that doesn't break as soon. Even if it was just a bump of 0.5 per level, an increase would be nice.

Log spikes need to be brought back to vanilla. They were OP due to dismemberment. Since I believe that is now only done by the player, log spikes have lost most of their use. They are still good for passive damage, but are no longer OP.

This might just be due to me being a gun guy, but each weapon should use caliber specific casings and bullets. Also, multiple bullets per round for a 7.62mm is kinda dumb. I get the balancing, but that can be achieved through the recipe in the forge. It would just make more sense to have 9mm, 7.62, .44, and whatever else size casings and bullets.

If every gun used different ammo it turns the game into something different.

Suddenly you need to spend all your energy on making sure you have the right quantities of the right kind of ammo, and spending time crafting one kind of ammo, just to find a new weapon that does not work with that means you've wasted all the time and resources.

There are already too many kinds of ammo - arrows, bolts, junk turret ammo, 9 mil, 762 and 44. Adding one more kind changes the dynamic quite a lot.

I personally want the game to stop using generic repair kits - in stead repair each item with the relevant parts - gun parts to repair a gun, bat parts to repair a bat. But that means the balance and value and quantities of those would need to change, and it means you need to spend more inventory slots carrying repair parts with you each time you go off exploring.

The problem with that is this means you now need to spend that many slots of your inventory on different kinds of repair kits, so that is a terrible solution.

Already you need to carry consumables for many things every time you leave the base: food, water, diseases, bleeding, wounds, repairs, ammo for all weapons used, lock-picks. As it is I'm sure nobody actually carries all the types of consumables for all uses - you would have no space to pick up loot!

If every gun used different ammo it turns the game into something different.

Suddenly you need to spend all your energy on making sure you have the right quantities of the right kind of ammo, and spending time crafting one kind of ammo, just to find a new weapon that does not work with that means you've wasted all the time and resources.

There are already too many kinds of ammo - arrows, bolts, junk turret ammo, 9 mil, 762 and 44. Adding one more kind changes the dynamic quite a lot.

How would adding .44 cal bullet tips and 7.62 bullet tips change the game, let alone make you craft ammo you don't need? We don't need 5.56, or .357 magnums, or 50 cals. The .44 is in the game already. There are multiple types of rounds in the game for it. The 9mm is in the game and, just like the .44, has multiple kinds of rounds. All I'm saying is that crafting non-caliber specific bullet tips and casings and then randomly calling them .44 or 9mm is stupid. My suggested change would only impact you by making you choose specifically how much of each you wish to craft. Which caliber do you want more of?

As the game is, you end up rendering weapons irrelevant and wasting the ammo you already crafted. Who uses the bows once they've gotten themselves a level 5 or 6 smg and a silencer? Since the arrows don't break as often, you can literally craft 300 iron arrows early in the game and never craft more before day 70. You always end up wasting some kind of ammo. How would crafting .44 cal bullet tips waste ammo more than the current system already does? Considering that you don't have to fully craft them into complete rounds before you need them, you always have the option of re-smelting the bullet tips. It just seems absurd to craft a single round that would irl have only a single bullet using multiple bullets. It's more like crafting a 7.62mm buckshot round utilizing the kind of tech The Tardis uses to contain a large space inside a small space. I just prefer non-magical rounds and non-gender-confused rounds, I guess.

My suggested change would only impact you by making you choose specifically how much of each you wish to craft. Which caliber do you want more of?

And shotgun slugs,and next you will ask for different tips for AP and HP too, and when they do ad a five-o browning you'll want fifty cal tips which isn't even lead.

Wanting to complicate the bullet tips crafting by adding caliber types is more stupid than the current system.

The current system uses a clever die-press which shapes the bullet tip lumps into the right caliber size. Q-E-D. It's a magical world with Zombies where you can carry megatons of steel, so I'm with the current system on tips.

Also... you forgot about the cartridges. These being even more different since not even two 762 guns use the same cartridges.

I'm sure you can just mod it to be the way you want to it though.

Look at you pretending to be a gun guy. Almost as if you knew what you were talking about...but still so wrong. There are several different 7.62 rounds such as 7.62x40, 7.62x45, and 7.62x51 NATO. You are right that those don't work interchangeably, but the NATO round is used in far more than a single weapon system. That round will definitely go between weapons as long as that weapon actually takes that round, i.e. M60, M240b, the FN FAL, and the M14. The AK uses the 7.62x39. That round works in some ARs, the Ruger Mini Thirty, Remington's Compact Model 799 Mini Mauser, CZ's 527 Carbine, and others. Then, 9mm Luger will definitely go between different weapons as well. That is possibly the most common round to pair with handguns. There's just so damn many of them. It's not like every weapon uses a different round. Yeah there's more variation in 7.62 rounds but that doesn't mean that you can't find two weapons that use the same round.

You are right that this would add one extra casing between the M60 and the AK, but that part was really your suggestion. Not a big deal, personally. Why is this such a bad thing to you? You act like this is like suggesting that zombies fly or something.

Did you not read my post? I did say there was no need for .50 cal. You also fail to do anything but shout "this is stupid" when asked why said thing is stupid. The dragunov, not to mention the ARs, exist as designated marksmen rifles and sniper rifles. The Dragunov did use a 7.62x54 round though. I'm not asking for more rounds added, just for TFP to make it a touch less Dr Who and a little more down to earth. You can play in fantasy land where unicorn bullets choose their caliber, but I like weapons to make at least a little sense.

Archived