A few easy/simple requests for a19 or the future + lets praise TFP

Cyanide2029

Hiya! First off I would like to thank TFP for bringing, and continuing to work on this master piece of a game. I know TFP gets slammed for being in alpha still, but those people are just idiots, so many games get released in a terrible state and then stop development, we should be grateful we have this, already amazing game, and a dedicated team that are actively showing, and rolling out awesome new content for us to enjoy, the way i see it, I've spent $40 on the double copy and got nearly 2000hours of entertainment from alpha 9, up until now, and I don't see this game dying for me any time soon! Thats ALOT more than my moneys worth at some place like the cinemas! Anyways just needed to throw a little praise out there since it doesn't seem like they get enough!

That aside now :)

1- I would love to see more block shape options and object options like in metal furniture but for windows/window trims and for electrical items for us to play with on servers when we build, under the menu could be, TVs, computers, microwaves, coffee machine, drinks machine, fridges and so on, (items that are already there but not able to craft, besides the tv). I make some pretty epic bases with public farms and shops, and i would love to decorate them a little more haha.

2- Being able to craft the open sign and make it light up, and some string lights would be awesome too, and maybe a lightbox of some sort, basically a box/block that would look like its backlit and still able to use metal signs on it to customize a light up sign how ever you want.

3- is more complicated and there was mention of them back in a15, zip lines and working escalator lifts, would be very nice additions.

4- Hydro farming lights for better yields and ability to grow anywhere, along with livestock farming.

The last would simply be a parachute so when i accidentally eject myself from my gyro i dont have to helplessly and awkwardly watch myself fall to my inevitable fate lol.

These are a few things Ive been hoping to see and it would make a great game even greater. And other than these few things theres not much else Ive been longing for, not to say i havent enjoyed the previous things you have brought, or are planning to bring us, i mean the drone?!?!?! Now thats bloody awesome and very creative, cant wait!!! lova ya work pimps!

Hiya! First off I would like to thank TFP for bringing, and continuing to work on this master piece of a game. I know TFP gets slammed for being in alpha still, but those people are just idiots, so many games get released in a terrible state and then stop development, we should be grateful we have this, already amazing game, and a dedicated team that are actively showing, and rolling out awesome new content for us to enjoy, the way i see it, I've spent $40 on the double copy and got nearly 2000hours of entertainment from alpha 9, up until now, and I don't see this game dying for me any time soon! Thats ALOT more than my moneys worth at some place like the cinemas! Anyways just needed to throw a little praise out there since it doesn't seem like they get enough!

That aside now :)

1- I would love to see more block shape options and object options like in metal furniture but for windows/window trims and for electrical items for us to play with on servers when we build, under the menu could be, TVs, computers, microwaves, coffee machine, drinks machine, fridges and so on, (items that are already there but not able to craft, besides the tv). I make some pretty epic bases with public farms and shops, and i would love to decorate them a little more haha.

2- Being able to craft the open sign and make it light up, and some string lights would be awesome too, and maybe a lightbox of some sort, basically a box/block that would look like its backlit and still able to use metal signs on it to customize a light up sign how ever you want.

3- is more complicated and there was mention of them back in a15, zip lines and working escalator lifts, would be very nice additions.

The last would simply be a parachute so when i accidentally eject myself from my gyro i dont have to helplessly and awkwardly watch myself fall to my inevitable fate lol.

These are a few things Ive been hoping to see and it would make a great game even greater. And other than these few things theres not much else Ive been longing for, not to say i havent enjoyed the previous things you have brought, or are planning to bring us, i mean the drone?!?!?! Now thats bloody awesome and very creative, cant wait!!! lova ya work pimps!

If you are open to modding, I have a modlet for the trader to sell open signs. Might hold you over for now. Havent tinkered with a way to turn it on yet though...?

Some interesting ideas (I like the escalator, but I'd be happy with a simple vertically moving platform (5 block up/down) that works like a hydraulic lift in a car shop.

Wrt string lights - if anything kills performance in Unity, it's lights. I can see some emissive textures being used for string lights, but I don't see how our dear developers would put a light source into that.

Wrt parachute - perhaps disallowing jumping out of the gyro when more then 10 units above the ground would make flying safer? I mean, who hasn't inadvertantly disembarked while navigating navezgane in a gyro?

Actually a parachute included in the gyro would not be a bad idea. Also, players could do the stunts from high buildings and their own constructions. That would be pretty cinematic and save the neck in certain scenarios. I wish only 2 could actually enter the gyrocopter instead of 1 in A18.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are open to modding, I have a modlet for the trader to sell open signs. Might hold you over for now. Havent tinkered with a way to turn it on yet though...?

Ive seen a few mods now but they never really swung me, I feel like this is nearly perfect as vanilla, but I spose we can always have more stuff!

Adding onto my list I seen they are looking at adding more seeds for farming which made me think, we have all these weather conditions but farms are never effected, granted we need to invest skill point or read a book and yes, they are in a farm box but we all know all these things aren't going help a crop of corn grow through a year round blizzard.

Fully stripping the yields of crops for these areas would be problematic, especially in servers, as all the players would hog forests, instead maybe biomes with good weather will grow quicker, an extension to that adding hydrologic lights that effect a certain radius of your crops helping them grow faster and anywhere would be a awesome feature, it would also counter people wanted to horde biomes with better weather conditions.

Ive seen a few mods now but they never really swung me, I feel like this is nearly perfect as vanilla, but I spose we can always have more stuff!

Adding onto my list I seen they are looking at adding more seeds for farming which made me think, we have all these weather conditions but farms are never effected, granted we need to invest skill point or read a book and yes, they are in a farm box but we all know all these things aren't going help a crop of corn grow through a year round blizzard.

Fully stripping the yields of crops for these areas would be problematic, especially in servers, as all the players would hog forests, instead maybe biomes with good weather will grow quicker, an extension to that adding hydrologic lights that effect a certain radius of your crops helping them grow faster and anywhere would be a awesome feature, it would also counter people wanted to horde biomes with better weather conditions.

If you want some more immersion options I recently created a storage container mod that adds more storage options to players. See link below.

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/game-modification/mods/150349-modlet-laz-man-s-modlets

Looking over your wish list, I may attempt to create a mod for more of them such as the ability to add more deco items like microwaves, toasters and coffee maker.

If you want some more immersion options I recently created a storage container mod that adds more storage options to players. See link below.

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/game-modification/mods/150349-modlet-laz-man-s-modlets

Looking over your wish list, I may attempt to create a mod for more of them such as the ability to add more deco items like microwaves, toasters and coffee maker.

I really like the look of your table saw mod, and trader expanded looks alright too, these things should already be done haha, I play on a vanilla server mainly so ill probably stay away mods unless I come across a really good looking mod that I would want to test in solo

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2020 at 1:21 AM, Cyanide2029 said:

This is why I don't use a gyro anymore...

...a parachute so when i accidentally eject myself from my gyro i dont have to helplessly and awkwardly watch myself fall to my inevitable fate lol.

I consider this a fun feature!  Maybe just add something simple, like a "safety cable" gyro mod you can attach so when you jump out you hang upside down from your leg. As the pilotless gyro slowly descends/crashes it drags you along for a bit.  Maybe take 80% health reduction ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 4:38 AM, doughphunghus said:

I consider this a fun feature!  Maybe just add something simple, like a "safety cable" gyro mod you can attach so when you jump out you hang upside down from your leg. As the pilotless gyro slowly descends/crashes it drags you along for a bit.  Maybe take 80% health reduction ;)

Haha, that would be classic, I'm definitely on board for some gyro mod safety features, I would still love a parachute to jump off buildings and such, I think that combined with a zipline could be a recipe for all kinds of fun.

I love your idea though, it would save you running back for your gyro if we had some kind of bungee connected to the gyro.  

Archived