For newer people, here is our Kickstarter stretch goals list

Lead

Many people on the forums now have discovered the game and joined a while after the Kickstarter happened and may not be familiar with it or the details contained. I'd noticed some people often posting ideas here that were already planned.

So to make it easier for people to refer back to, here is list of stretch goals we reached that are planned to be added to the game over time:

1628916469_KickstarterStretchGoals8.thumb.jpg.cfd93554d3f8edcec0f18630fbd51276.jpg

You might want to make the image larger, but thanks for putting this thread at all, there are way to many threads suggesting kickstarter goals. Also, I'm not sure what happened to that system that would have had accepted ideas and rejected ideas, but you might want to think about using that, again because of all the repeated threads (it may or may not help combat the problem).

I just know I'll never see cats and dogs living together because every time the issue gets brought up some guy will trash it by saying that the PvP balance mechanics need working on, AGAIN, and there just isn't enough developer time and money to see to my piddling quality of life demands and that I'm a carebear and then spit on me. Same ole song and dance. :grief:

I just know I'll never see cats and dogs living together because every time the issue gets brought up some guy will trash it by saying that the PvP balance mechanics need working on, AGAIN, and there just isn't enough developer time and money to see to my piddling quality of life demands and that I'm a carebear and then spit on me. Same ole song and dance. :grief:

what are you a carebear or something <spit>

• 2 weeks later...
i hope they add tanks

if they make tanks i think they should make at least one type dont need more tank types going around. not yet. armored truck or van. with gun on top. and can store loot/items. dirt bikes. not sure if we should allow shooting with smg or gun or shooting at all. but up to devs to pick or fans. boats are a big plus too if you have a city divided by a big lake. with no bridge, all city map more interesting for deathmatch and zombie horde but dont make those small maps like we have now. full game size map. more players and space.

You forgot to add the plan with $1 000 000! lol

$1 000 000 -Able to kick and ban without the player changing their steam name and coming back in over, and over, and over again;

-Default spawns enabled. Griefers no longer spawn right next to you and destroy your base;

-Bedrolls can only be accessed by the person who laid them down and not just some random guy looking to kill you; and

-Party mode enabled allowing people to work as a team if they want.

Haha just kidding..... but seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if the animal will jump around like actual dogs do... No thanks.. Hate those lol

And actors voices? Anyone can do that ;) why spend money on that ?

All the other things seam great...

Using the imagination that a zombie can as a new abitlity to shoot us... Would be nice to get some protection to our body? Armor stats ...?

A lot of people seem to not know what goals exist before the stretch goals.

I've had to post this quite a bit on the Steam forums, so might as well add it here as well.

Since so many seem to not know what is planned, and what they've bought into:

Here are The Fun Pimps goals for 7 Days To Die as outlined, paid for, and promised on Kickstarter.

All of these should eventually make it into the game at some point, hopefully. Although there may be some delay compared to the original May 2014 date that was claimed.

Source for the delay comment since it doesn't appear anywhere official: http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2014/01/13/creators-7-days-die-explain-make-friendlier-zombie-apocalypse/

We’re making an ambitious game and our original Kickstarter estimates had us finishing in May 2014, but realistically it could take the rest of this year. That said, I think we’ll be close to beta by this summer but we won’t punish our Settler Kickstarter backers so we’ll send them keys near the time frame promised. After launch, supporting the best workshop mods, making DLC, and maybe even console ports are all possibilities, but we’ll just have to see where this great journey leads us.

All goals including the $500,000 were unlocked.

Sources:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/648814841561148348/

The World - Explore a beautiful, hand crafted, voxel world with a multitude of biomes including: wastelands, forests, snowy mountains, pine forests, plains, deserts, burn forests and radiation zones.

Points of Interest - Discover hundreds of great Points of Interests ranging from caves, campsites to cities and skyscrapers. Each and every building can be explored inside and out.

Dynamic Story Generation - The story unfolds through our “Dynamic Story Generation System” which guides the player to other survivors, better loot and undiscovered Points of Interests through story note quests.

Basic Survival - Scavenge the world for food and water maintaining and boosting health, food, stamina and hydration levels. Grow and harvest a variety of crops and hunt, track or domesticate a multitude of wildlife to live off the land.

Day and Night Game Play - Spend the day looting, mining, crafting and building up your forts defenses as light slows down and weakens the zombies. Hold up somewhere safe at night as the lunar cycle speeds up and strengthens the zombies.

Looting, Mining and Crafting - Loot and mine a multitude of items and ingredients to create hundreds of items including melee weapons, guns, traps, generators, motorized tools, motion detectors, landmines, auto-turrets, salves, potions and more using our 5x5 grid Crafting System.

Relentless and Special Enemies - Enemies will claw, jump, climb and break their way through the world in order to get to you. They can see, smell and hear the player and can work in a group. And watch out for the unique special infected enemies like the Acid Puking Hulk whose acidic vomit can melt blocks.

Block Physics and Stability - Our Physics System simulates real-time structural integrity, durability and mass. Blocks don’t float in the air nor can you build an unsound unsupported structure. Build it right or watch it come crumbling down. Weak blocks can even fall from the weight of the player or zombies.

Item Quality and Food & Water Purity - Every item in the game has a quality level and degrades with use and combine items to create better items. All Food and water items have a purity level the higher the purity level. The higher the health and stamina benefits. Improve crafting to make better items. Improve cooking to make purer food and water.

Stealth and Distraction System - Crouch and sneak your way past enemies or throw objects to distract them. Find or craft sight, sound or smell deterrents and attractor recipes and items to exploit the sight, hearing or smell of the zombies to throw them off track.

XP and Skill Trees - Earn XP and upgrade your skills to become the ultimate Bruiser, Gun Nut, Gadget Man, Chemist or Stealth Agent. Upgrade your melee skill learning to craft better melee weapons and swing them harder & faster and even learn special finishing moves.

Solo, Cooperative and Multiplayer - Play solo, coop or multiplayer in our unique Zombie Nomad Mode be a human, a bandit or a zombie for a no rules experience. Watch the leader boards and fight to be the Big Clan of the Wasteland or the Duke of Navezgane.

Creative User Tools - Build your own worlds and play them with friends using the Creative Mode Tools featuring hundreds of block shapes, prefabs and random generation tools. Create dedicated servers with your own unique game rules and settings.

Stretch Goals

(all these features are planned, but can be implemented earlier with a larger team)

$200,000:

(Base Goal) Part-time artists & priogrammers join full-time to accelerate feature development

$250,000:

Existing world expanded, more locations added

More items and weapons

More special infected enemies, with more abilities

Skill tree and Exp system enhanced further

$300,000:

Additional player characters

seasonal weather effects implemented

Temperure based survival effects

Oculus rift support - (virtual reality headset) - more info at http://www.oculusvr.com

$350,000:

Enhanced, professional soundtrack!

More wild animals! Mountain lions, coyotes, cats, and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

Animals can turn into zombies too! (zombie bears!)

Some items appearing below this point may appear in a post-release update.

Goal funds tied to these items would be saved to begin development on them beginning immediately after release version.

$400,000:

Character customization tools

Interchangable clothing system

Expanded story\mission programming.

NPC characters and merchants

NPC controlled safe houses added

$450,000:

Professional voice actors hired to record lines.

Multi-player mode expanded with new features

Random world generation expanded

World building tools expanded - Design your own zombie apocalypse for your friends!

$500,000:

Major world terrain enhancement - Cubic landscapes become smooth terrain - World remains fully destructable and buildable

Drivable and customizable vehicles added

New additional NPC characters to discover

Expanded story missions

i think that you have to Strech the goal a little bit further!

600.000$ ... Improve the Graphic massive,

700.000$ ... add Local-Coop, (that is my biggest wish... i know its complicated and hard to implement but ... that were unbelievable great)

800.000$ ... Support XBOX-360 Controller,

That is MY Wishlist ... =/

900.000$ ... Improve sound of Weapons!

1.000.000$ ... add 9 new Zombie Characters just for more fun, to give variety and long-term motivation! ...

:devilish:

More Weapons would be awesome! ... And Pistol's with Flashlight like L4D2 (easy to craft so i think!)

and Laser for SMG's and other! ... Flamethrower were also nice

Thank you

Edited by -Ps-Y-cO- (see edit history)

is there like two guys working on this game? "Because it takesssss SO...... Long for a small update."

I bet my life savings that you've never coded a game before. Also, they're not small updates, if you read the release notes and paid any attention at all, you'd know that.

I bet my life savings that you've never coded a game before. Also, they're not small updates, if you read the release notes and paid any attention at all, you'd know that.

If the core engine is done (projectile math, drawing, texturing, sound, collision, etc.), then code-wise I don't think that there is that much to do; that being said there are a lot of other things that do take a long time such as: balance, code implementation (how something will be accomplished, which affects ease of writing, debugging, editing, and understanding code), UI (design simplification of complex devices for the player's sake, dwarf fortress is an extreme where this was not done at all), PR (forum, steam, etc.), and all kinds of other stuff.

Also, a note from somebody who is learning code: its 40% writing it, 50% debugging it, and 10% pounding your brain trying to figure out why your code compiles and works in every instance except one.